1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Related!!! (BE REAL!!!)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by craig crawford, Apr 4, 2013.

To newbies starting out.... BE HONEST!

I'm not talking about pseudonyms or anything... That is one thing... And I understand people may not want their real identities on the World Wide Web.

But faking it before you make it? Pffft. It is downright wrong!

If you are faking it before you make it.. Then STOP! Right now!

Quite a few of you have more then likely made the mistake of buying from a faker too! (It sucks, we know!)

People love a good story... people can relate to you Just by you being genuine and real.

You can share your thoughts, feelings and ambitions and let people grow to know, like and trust you.

In time you will become more and more knowledgeable and gain authority.

But until then? BE REAL![​IMG]

There is nothing worse then hearing of all the scammy sales being made out there by people.

Some from normal people who are desperately trying to make their first sale online... So they can say they have actually made money or due to some bad financial situation they trying to claw their way out of.

It certainly won't make you rich! And it certainly won't earn you credibility now or in the future.

Spamming affiliate links do not work either! It just irritates people and puts a neon sign above your head saying "Block ME!!"

I'm not saying all newbies do... but I have seen some that do! I speak to coaching clients daily who have been stung in the past! And come across others who have dabbled in "Faking it"

Good luck starting out! [​IMG]

Craig

craig crawford, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  2. AuctionDebtEliminator

AuctionDebtEliminator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One thing, though - is that these people are EASY to spot.

It's hard to imagine people fall for them.

In fact, if you look at your email inbox, and the spammy messages, it's still pretty easy to spot spammy/phishing scams and emails.

I never buy desperation - authority and skill is WAY too hard to fake.

AuctionDebtEliminator, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  3. craig crawford

craig crawford Member

Best Answers:
    lol, what does that have to do with what I just posted?

craig crawford, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  4. AuctionDebtEliminator

Best Answers:
    People who try to FAKE authority are EASY to spot......

Scams, spam, fake authority - it might just be me, but B.S. is too easy to spot and skip over, and their desperation for their 'first sale' shows.

It's too easy not to fall for it (them).

AuctionDebtEliminator, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  5. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

I read that pile of gibberish and it has no point. It was honestly one of the more useless threads I have seen posted on DP. What a waste of my time reading it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    browntwn, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    good post but the truth is there is no one that can be real , no one will give all there info to you whether its knowledge or a product. its all bs the only thing people can do is stay away from areas of high risk you never know the person on the other end unless you meet them. But they key to all of it in my oppinion is that if you are looking for something that is going to guide you and i am taking in reference that you are talking mostly about online ventures. Is speak to all you can don't pay for the info that's the lazy way and do some research and ask communities
    It is your job to be smart and if you are not the fakers will get you. The internet is a learning game for every one and its the information highway there is no reason you should not be able to find what you need take it peice by peice and put it together on your own.

kemasii, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  7. AuctionDebtEliminator

Best Answers:
    With the amount of messages you've posted on DP,

I'd say that you have the authority to make such a statement :)

AuctionDebtEliminator, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  8. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    not sure what exactly you meant but post count nor trophy points matter. This is the net and as i said you take everything with a grain of salt. I see people on here with thousands of post who just post to look big and then pull off a scam in a minute. same every were online. Its judgement that is the factor if you are to eager and expect that spending a dollar will solve or answer your problems then you will likely get taken.

kemasii, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  9. Nucita

Nucita Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it is part of the human nature hide something from the public knowledge. People like to take advantage from the weakness of others, so you need to face reality with a mask. Some years ago a person told me 'don't show weakness to anybody, they will eat you at once'.
    But one thing is to hide your weaknesses, and other thing is scamming.
    No matter the field you are, cheating and scamming are going to take a person to nowhere. In addition little by little the person will lost his/her real self.
    A person will earn a lot of money from the scams but this situation will spread around his/her life and sooner or later the person won't know what is real and valuable.

Nucita, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  10. craig crawford

craig crawford Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, you didn't have to read it...

If you just wasted your time reading it... then get a grip dude! Why would you waste EVEN MORE time to bitch about it? Go troll elsewhere :)

thanks

Post Quantity means NOTHING. lol. Authority is being well known, trusted and liked. For all we know, the guys with 7k+ posts... could be someone very sad. with nothing better to do!

Or could be someone very helpful... or someone who enjoys trolling ;)

Either way, posts mean nada! lol

Very true buddy!

I have no way of liking this.. as I think I need three likes or something! So I'll just say... Very true buddy. :) Thanks for the reply

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    craig crawford, Apr 8, 2013 IP