1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Reduce Site's Bounce Rate

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AngelWills, Apr 5, 2013.

Hello Guys,
    I have one site. But the problem is that the bounce rate of my site is increasing day by day. I tried lot of ways to reduce it. But nothing work. Please let me know few ways to reduce the bounce rate of site..
    I am waiting for your reply.

With Regards,
    Angel

AngelWills, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  2. kam25

kam25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you’re seeing these high bounce rates that are indicative of overall user dissatisfaction with your site, consider any of the following techniques to help keep visitors on your pages longer:

Technique #1: Check Browser Compatibility

Seeing a high bounce rate typically indicates a potential disconnect between the visitors arriving on your site and the content they anticipated seeing upon their clicks. As mentioned previously, it’s possible that the visitors to a given page on your site have found this information and clicked away immediately, resulting in a naturally and understandably high bounce rate.

However, this situation shouldn’t be seen across every page on your site and—even in cases where the desired information has been identified—indicates a lack of compelling content that would cause these visitors to engage further with your brand.

But what if the problem is even simpler than that? In some circumstances, a high bounce rate has nothing to do with the quality of the content you’ve provided and everything to do with the fact that your website isn’t displaying properly in your visitors’ browser windows. They can’t even see your site correctly in order to access its content, resulting in a quick click of the “Back” button.

Too many beginning webmasters test their sites on the single browser they’ve used throughout development, failing to realize that what looks good on one browser might display completely differently in another. To prevent this situation from negatively influencing your bounce rates, check pages that demonstrate a high bounce rate using a cross-browser compatibility testing tool like Browser Stack.

Technique #2: Make Your Purpose Known

If there aren’t any issues with the way your website is performing across different browsers, one of the next most likely causes of high bounce rates is a site design that buries the information visitors are looking for.

I’m guessing that you’ve encountered at least one website like this before … You’ve clicked through to the site because the company’s search engine snippet looked so promising, only to be confronted with a bad design or bad content organization structure that makes your desired information nearly impossible to find.

In these cases, you aren’t going to waste all day searching. You’re going to head back to the search results and try your luck with another listing.

If your website isn’t cleanly organized and immediately intuitive to its own visitors, your would-be readers are going to have this same reaction, leading to higher bounce rates. To determine whether or not this issue might be affecting your own website results, consider trying a service like the “5 Second Test,” which allows you to poll actual website testers on whether or not your page information is immediately apparent to users.

Technique #3: Avoid Pissing Off Your Readers

Of course, some bounce rate problems are even easier to diagnose that browser compatibility issues or poor site structure decisions. In some cases, readers are clicking away from your pages because you’re pissing them off!

If new visitors to your site are inundated with pop-up banners, interstitial ads, and automatically-loading chat windows, you can kiss your normal bounce rate good-bye. Think about it … Before these readers have even had a chance to uncover the information they’re looking for, they’ve been asked to opt-in to your list, buy products, and even chat with a stranger! Chances are you’d be clicking away pretty quickly in these situations as well.

The only real test for this bounce rate issue is your own gut check. Navigate through your pages with a fresh set of eyes and determine how many of these interruptions visitors must content with instead of reading your content. Even though these tools (when taken individually) might be good for your conversion rates, putting them all together is only going to piss off your visitors and jack up your bounce rates.

Technique #4: Improve Your Page Load Times

Another important factor contributing to website bounce rate that you’ll want to consider in your site analysis is your site speed. While most website users access the Web today using higher-speed connections than the modem dial-ups of the past, site load times can still be an issue if you’ve packed your pages full of slow loading visual elements.

To check your current load times against other sites in your industry, give the free Google PageSpeed Insights tool a try. Not only will this program measure your current site speed, it’ll give you recommendations on how to get your pages to run even faster.

Making these changes can have a positive impact on both your overall bounce rate and your SEO performance, as Google has long since made it known that page load times are considered as a ranking factor by its search engine algorithms.

Technique #5: Create Better Content

Finally, even if your website works beautifully in all browsers, your content is clearly accessible and your site loads as fast as a single page HTML site, there’s one more factor that can bring down your webpages’ bounce rates: Your content might just suck.

Truth be told, you can build a website that’s perfectly designed to attract readers and hold their attention, but if the content that you fill these pages with doesn’t provide anything valuable to the people reading your site, your bounce rate will continue to be high.

So if you’re concerned that this might be the case on your site, ask yourself the following questions:
    1. Is my content free from grammatical and spelling errors?
    2. Does my content provide information that readers within my industry actually consider valuable?
    3. Does my website offer content that’s unique from other sites in my industry?
    4. Could my content be construed as offensive in any way?
    5. Is the average reading level of my content on par with expectations within my industry?
    Webmasters are told over and over again how important it is to have plenty of text-based content on their sites. But while most site owners use this as a rallying cry to fill their pages with useful information, some webmasters rush the production of their content in order to meet these arbitrary-seeming content standards. The result, unfortunately, is often shoddy, low-value content that leads to high bounce rates and poor website performance overall.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    kam25, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  3. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    could you post the domain name and we can maybe give more specific advice for your site.

WPOSolutions, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  4. so_sweet

so_sweet Member

Best Answers:
    The old trick that still work till this time is about your high quality content, not high enough just to be high, as good as possible, as complete information as possible, including picture and if you can fit it with video, and some link reference that related into it

so_sweet, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  5. flashmoney

flashmoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you can add video in your post

flashmoney, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    dennisb, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  7. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    You can read already some good tips, just gonna add my two cents:

Track the source of the traffic, if it is a Google (or other search-engine) query you might wanna do some research on the quality of the content you are providing. If it is because of some backlink of a external website you might wanna research the context of why the backlink is provided. On that information you might can improve your content.

dennisb, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  8. AngelWills

AngelWills Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Following is the domain name of my site..

http://desientry.com/
    Code (markup):
    Please let me know how can i reduce site's bounce rate...

AngelWills, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  9. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you really need to have engaging content... if anything, try using videos from youtube that relates to your content. That always seems to do the trick w/ me sometimes :)

coloma21, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  10. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not necessary low quality content. If visitor found what he needs on a first page he arrived to, he might leave the page as well. You may divide your content into several pages, or attract visitors to visit other pages.

Montreal Classifieds, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  11. SEODeal

SEODeal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make your website content engaging
    use creative images and flash file
    you can use videos
    Add some FAQ

SEODeal, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  12. article-spider

article-spider Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    your landing page doesn't look good at the moment..., to be honest, i'd click off straight away aswell..
    the pictures aren't sized correctly for a start., maybe you could try a different template

article-spider, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  13. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Low quality content and irrelevant backlinks increase the bounce rate of a site..

afoley77, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  14. eliteinfoworld

eliteinfoworld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many factors are affected to increase bounce rate:
    1. Generate quality, fresh and unique content.
    2. Focus on you website load speed. Open website quickly is good.
    3. Add content with images, videos. It is useful to understand use easily.
    4. Generate high pr website back link.

=> Check your Google Analytics which post bounce rate is high and analyse those post.

eliteinfoworld, Apr 8, 2013 IP