1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Same sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Emma Pollard, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Which is also why society needs to make unbiased and good decisions about where to place orphans.
    Kids cannot make those decisions.
    And this is not about making either side happy, but decide what is best for children.

And as long as decisions are never made in order to please adult activists on either side, we might actually get somewhere.

And as long as we view this as a competition of gay rights vs. "Christian right(s)", we are missing the point.

And from what I see, it is just that to far too many people.

And just to clarify before someone misinterprets me:

I am not comparing pedophilia to a child growing up in a gay household. I am referring to the inability of a child to make a decision.

I also think you analogy of pedophilia was spot on.

But I still sense some bias in some of your posts concerning the focus on the Christian right.

And my worry with that is that the dislike of the Christian right can cause many people to support the "other side" for the wrong reason, just to "teach the religious right" a lesson rather than staying neutral and putting everything in a neutral perspective and treating each aspect of the debate on a case by case basis.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Blogmaster, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I didn´t discuss if it is right or wrong, I just thought it was funny states that have large numbers of inbreeds are also strongly Republican. :)

The scientific or medical discussion is not related to the argument about law. Pedophilia is just used to confuse the discussion among simple minded. Pedophilia can not become legal like gay marriage because any contract or relationship including the sexual relationship should be entered by two or more free party and of their own free will. Gay marriage fills the requirement but pedophilia does not because a child cannot give consent.
    I also find the whole discussion about the welfare of children by neo-con Republicans quite hypocritical because the same people have no problem to deny social help to children and keep them hungry, make them live in ghettos and execute them when they finally commit a crime.

gworld, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

This is a typical BS to hide homophobia under disguise of protecting children. Any type of adoption should be taken seriously and the future parents independent of sexual orientation should be checked to insure the child safety but sexual orientation got nothing to do with it. Gay people are not pedophiles because they are gay. This is just an excuse used by right wing Christians to confuse the issues.

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

gworld, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Where have I claimed that or implied that?

Right now you're the one confusing the issue.

Are you just desperately phishing for anything as an excuse to make this about the "Christian right" again?

5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, there is the old familiar GWorld, off with a thread derail using non-facts. Can always count on you to be you. Carry on.

Only if your laws disregard science. Are you sure you haven't taken up Islam?

Is this why you seem so confused? Nobody made the argument equating the two, so quit flailing away at that straw man. Pedophillia was simply brought up as an example where a sickness was later described as a sexual orientation, which it may very well be. I would hope the many obvious differences between homosexuality and pedophilia will always keep it classified as a sickness, but you never know. As you say politics, law, and public opinion does not have to have anything to do with science. Get a mob good and riled up and you can have someone killed for reading.

So its the neo-con Republicans that force people to live in ghettos! I always wondered how that worked!

Obamanation, Apr 4, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  6. Blogmaster

Best Answers:

Don't worry. I fell for the new persona as well. He deserves an award for that performance.

7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you discuss the "welfare" of children and pedophilia in a discussion about gay marriage if you see no connection between the subjects? Why should gay marriage and adopting a child put the safety of the child in danger? You see no danger to children born to drug addicted, underage mothers living in ghettos with no prospect for the future but all the alarm bells ring at once when gay couples should adapt, why is that?:rolleyes:

gworld, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    If you scroll back, you will see that I quoted a post of yours about pedophilia. I didn't bring it up. Nor did I make a connection between pedophilia and homosexuality.

And the state takes them away when things get too bad. The question is where to place them from there.

9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

You could at least be honest and state it openly instead of only hinting that we should think about the "welfare" and "safety" of children if gays can get married and decide to adapt.

gworld, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Did I not do that already?

11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you saying now that you think if gay couples can adopt children the safety and welfare of the child can be in danger because of the risk of pedophilia and child molestation?

gworld, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  12. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Earl / GWorld:

It really is amazing how delusional we are becoming as a society.

So.............. We are supposed to believe that Liberals care about marriage? LOL. . Wow, give me a freaking break..

Playing you for FOOLS.

grpaul, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  13. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the essence of my argument.

Corwin, Apr 4, 2013 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    No, Not because of pedophelia or child molestation, but because two men or two women can (only IMO) never provide the adequate equivalent to a happy household led by a loving father and a loving mother.

15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously liberals don´t care (discuss) about marriage the same way that inbreed Republicans and moron Christians do, our way of thinking is based on logic, reality and what is best for society and not 2000 years old BS. ;):)

LOL. You are still thinking about white fences which was suppose to symbolize 1950´s USA? I have a news for you, even in 1950´s that was not real. Today a large portion of Children in USA are product of broken families (if they were not born to single underage mom from begining) that live in poverty and hunger. In this reality, the last thing you need to worry is about single sex parents because I think all Children and any logical adult agrees that having a loving same sex parents is much better than living in a street and be hungry.

http://www.nccp.org/topics/childpoverty.html

http://www.sterlingschools.org/shs/teenparenting/statistics.htm

Now lets see how many Republicans and fundamentalist (crazy) Christians are ready to increase taxes to help these poor children. It is quite interesting that they don´t care about the children that today live in poverty and face all kinds of dangers but they are so concerned about the "dangers" in the mental development of children adopted by gay parents. :rolleyes:
    Who are you kidding with your "concerns"?

gworld, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    @Gworld: I read your post thinking, wow, he accused me of a topic shift by talking about the relationship between marriage and child rearing. Did we really need the two page lesson on child poverty in the US? By the way, poor children in the US are generally not hungry. You should watch the movie "Precious", which won awards on the matter.

So in your mind, increasing taxes helps poor children. I'm not even going to ask how you came to that conclusion.

Educate yourself: http://diversitydata.sph.harvard.ed...Largest4&notes=True&rt=MetroArea&tsp=Location

Most of the teenage mothers you describe had (single)parents who voted for for Obama by a margin of 96% to zero. Throwing more tax dollars at welfare doesn't reduce teen pregnancy, it increases it. LBJ is probably the single most culpable person in the destruction of the black family, but hey, as the man said, 'I'll have all those n*ggers voting democrat for the next century". Good for him, bad for them.

You have taken a good argument, the idea that gay parents can't be that much worse than all the bad hetero parents, and turned it into a bad argument, that gay parents(or tax dollars) will even put a tiny dent in the children born to teen mothers.

Obamanation, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Define poverty for me. I have met a couple of welfare mothers back in the days and neither they nor their kids were starving. As a matter of fact, they usually had money for smokes, beer, sometimes weed.
    The only explanation that I can come up with in regards to children in the US starving (which I'm sure they exist) would be that the mother is blowing the cash on drugs and selling her stamps for fiddie sent on da dollah.

Blogmaster, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  18. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Note to Earl and gworld: Here I am sharing my experiences. I don't give a damn if anyone believes me or not.
    Thinking back to my days long ago of dating screwing poor white trash girls, hotter than Pam Anderson and EXTREMELY emotionally expressive, "poverty" is living existing at the minimum level of existence. Smokes, beer, and weed are things to do at home because they can't afford to leave the apartment or even sit at a bar.

Everyone in the poverty community had an unhappy childhood - everyone - and each had a story of abuse to tell. There was a complete lack of self-esteem and the mindset had to be one of cynicism and hopelessness, that is, they felt that there is absolutely nothing they can do to make their lives better, the system is rigged against them. This is why Democrats run on campaigns of "hope", they dangle the possibility of a better life to the hopeless. It's manipulation of the desperate, and desperate people will only listen to those that tell them what they WANT to hear, even if they know at some level it's false. That's also why rich Republicans treat the poor like they're lazy, they don't understand and can't relate.

Only Ronald Reagan moved substantial numbers of the poor into lower-middle class. These people are called Reagan Democrats.

Corwin, Apr 5, 2013 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Hungry Children in USA

gworld, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  20. Obamanation

Best Answers:

A story about one of those children who suffered from food insecurity.

Obamanation, Apr 5, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.