1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website design-development help

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by golf86, Apr 3, 2013.

Hello to all , we are 4 post graduate students of engineering and we want to make a web site like shutterstock.com or pond5.com ,we have professional files and videos for custom pro-engineer projects and we want to make a web site for selling this stuff ,and make other people have same stuff posting in it and selling it to the whole web .Which is the best choice for doing this ? In what platform is the above web sites ?
    Can we use some ready cms for that or some ecommerce platform like magento ? we will do it alone because we have not the money . I start studing hard php and html (and html5) and same my 3 friends . We want someone for helping us . Thanks in advance

golf86, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  2. shahilroyhere

shahilroyhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as open source eCommerce options are considered, Magento has emerged to be one of the most powerful application. Learning PHP and HTML/CSS would help, but gradually start learning the Magento system as well. The modifications which you will need to do on Magento will have to be as per Magento guidelines and developer documentation. So start exploring magento whenever you think you have covered the OOPS part of PHP.

As per experience, will just like to suggest you something. Technology is a part, but not the major one. Your major tool for success would be your planning and concept. You need to have something different in your site which will attract the users and will make them your loyal customers. Make sure you have a solid understanding of the domain space you are venturing in. Competitive research, monetization planning, and then execution of those is utter important.

shahilroyhere, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  3. golf86

golf86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answer ,can someone explain me of what platform is based these sites like shutterstock or pond5 ? can i find some templates for hosting videos or images is the template stores in the web ?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    golf86, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  4. SquaredCoding

SquaredCoding Peon

Best Answers:
    If you would like a website like the ones you have mentioned to be created we are able to develop and design websites and apps at a low price please visit - www.codingsquared.com thank you

SquaredCoding, Apr 4, 2013 IP