1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need tips and tricks for Open Cart

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by theredgiant, Mar 31, 2013.

I'm trying to setup an ecommerce site with Open cart. I have never used this software before, and need some kind of a guide. Not installation, administration guides. That I can figure it out. I need some recommendation for best extension, do's and don'ts, and general tips and tricks that makes working with open cart easier.

Are there any such articles?

Thanks

theredgiant, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  2. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can find such as a right way to integrate plugin, setup theme and installation guide for the opencart ecommerce customization from here http://doc.opencart.com/display/opencart/Installation

creativewebmaster, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  3. jko

jko Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of extensions are you looking for? I may be able to help point you in the right direction. Also, which version of OpenCart are you working with? If you are working with an older installation, that can make a difference in what works and what doesn't.

jko, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  4. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a specific reason you are stuck on open cart there are many better options out there. O C is a bit basic and seems to me in my opinion to be very problematic and generally will need some sort of coding experience to fully function the way you want it to. But you will need to be specific as to what the version and what you are wanting to do. because there are front end and back end plugins.

kemasii, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  5. maneetpuri

maneetpuri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some of the Open cart features that you must have:
    • Url enhancements
    • Cached page content
    • Blog tool
    • Google’s merchant feed
    • One page Checkout
    Explain your requirements in details for a much better response. However, I would advise you to seek a web consultant for better results.

maneetpuri, Apr 8, 2013 IP