1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keeping track of your earnings (affiliate, adsense etc)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dennisb, Apr 1, 2013.

?

How do you keep track of your earnings?

1. Earnings? I wish I had to some earnings to keep track off!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It isn't that much that I'm bothered with a overview!

16.7%
  3. I use Excel (or similar program e.g. OpenOffice Calc) and..

33.3%
  4. Other... (please comment)

50.0%
    I'm wondering how you guys all keep track on your earnings. If you are only using Adsense I can imagine you might not be bothered with tracking anything. But me, I'm using several services beside Adsense. Then you have to think of affiliates and other advertisements networks as Buysellads. With all those together you might want to have some actual data to work with and keep track of everything.

There for I use mainly Excel, a tab for every website with a simple performance record.

Please vote and share your experience :)

dennisb, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  2. master1989

master1989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there, excel sheet is always good for records, but mainly you need to maintain the file in PC, if it gets deleted by mistake, you may loose the track record. You can use docs.google.com to store the records and you might find it easy to access it from anywhere outside your home, away from your local pc.
    There is an option in google docs to insert a table.

master1989, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  3. CYNE

CYNE Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I also use excel. I'll try that out, thanks!

CYNE, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  4. Stephan_Iscoe

Stephan_Iscoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My head is still in the Cloud ;)
    I use the free online service, mint.com.
    It tracks and reports in real time whatever I tell it to.
    Practically does my taxes for me as well as budgeting feedback.
    There are probably similar services out there...

Best of Success!

Stephan_Iscoe, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  5. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:

I'm using Google docs too but not for this department of work ;)

I think about two years back my account got hacked. Since then I'm very secure with what I store online and what I should not store online. And yes I'm using the two step verification now but that didnt changed my mind.

All my financial data is stored encrypted on my NAS with as extra back-up a thumb drive.

Basically all data which makes it possible to do theft (identity or money) is not stored online.

dennisb, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  6. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:

But you have to enter your income manually right? Also with a free service you are the product so I'm wondering how they earn their money.

dennisb, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  7. master1989

master1989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mint pulls the financial information automatically and its secure using https, however it also sends you an email or text alert when a large purchase or transaction is made
    Mint has sponsored insurance companies if you are looking for auto insurance or so. It also does has Featured partner if you are looking to get a new credit card. They get a fee paid when user switches to a new bank or company using their website.

master1989, Apr 2, 2013 IP
    dennisb and Stephan_Iscoe like this.
  8. Stephan_Iscoe

Stephan_Iscoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As noted by master1989, Mint grabs all the info from accounts that you tell them to; they figure out is income - you can edit the info to identify and categorize specific sources like CPA, Affiliate, Adsense, Clickbank, etc.

They make their money through their recommendation (affiliate) service for financial, travel and lifestyle products. Not intrusive, so I don't mind. I might even find an interest free credit card with double frequent flyer miles :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    Stephan_Iscoe, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  9. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting! This is exactly why I started this thread, I did not knew this. Might have read about it earlier but always thought Mint was only a web stats app. But seems that this is a complete other project, I will give it a try for my next project. This project will use several affiliate programs, so that is why I started this thread because log in weekly/monthly (etc) in 10+ affiliate programs will cost to much time.

dennisb, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  10. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have all the sites saved in a folder and once a month I publish my income report on my blog, not only does it help me keep track of what I have earnt but it also inspires readers of my blog to kick on with their own online ventures.

Dean_Saliba, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  11. spmanager

spmanager Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

We're working on a new web service called Site Portfolio Manager, which does exactly what you're discussing here. SPM automatically imports and tracks the revenue and traffic of all your websites.

We're launching the beta in a few weeks. You can request an invitation here (www.pleaseinvite.me). We're giving away a three months free coupon to everyone who signs up before the end of this month.

If you have any questions please point them my way.

How the dashboard looks at the moment:

[​IMG]

spmanager, Apr 17, 2013 IP
    Stephan_Iscoe likes this.
  12. spmanager

spmanager Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We're officially open for business, so come on over, sign up for a free account and let us know what you think.

As always if you have any questions please point them my way.

spmanager, Jun 5, 2013 IP