1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to position yourself?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Eugene_K., Mar 28, 2013.

Hello everyone,
    I would like to ask for your advise here.

Hello everyone,
    I would like to ask for your opinion here.

The thing is that the company I work for is in IT industry, and we have decided to make a side project by making a widget that connects websites and allows them to buy, sell, and exchange traffic with each other.

Another perk that we’ve added is the ability to rotate your best content on your website - basically a content recommendation tool.

To balance the risks for traffic seller and buyer, we have decided to keep the CPM payment model if people want to buy/sell traffic.

Next distinction is that the whole traffic buying/selling/exchanging process goes through the content display, not through the banner advertising.

Thus being said, the question for you is how would you characterize such type of an ad network?

My guess is that it’s CPM.
    Because this project is growing quite fast, I believe that it is important to understand how others would perceive it...

What do you think?

nster.com

Eugene_K., Mar 28, 2013 IP
  2. Stephan_Iscoe

Stephan_Iscoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First I'd need to be convinced the traffic is worth paying for :)
    It's more like a CPI model for contextual ads.

Here's how Engageya pitches their offer:

Knowd has a similar free offer, so you really have to make a case for
    paying to be in ad network and paying for networked traffic.

One approach is to make the network participation free and up-sell for extra traffic.

Best of Success!

Stephan_Iscoe, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Try all sorts of free traffic methods before buying anything. I mean, we've got G+, Twitter, FB, reddit and some other social media outlets to utilize as a free source of traffic. It does take hard work, but it can be rewarding at the end.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    qwikad.com, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  4. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say it's probably CPM, although in my opinion you don't really have to "fit" into one category, that's the whole idea of being unique and positioning yourself. Just focus on what makes you different.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  5. Eugene_K.

Eugene_K. Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Stephan,
    Thank you for a thoughtful feedback!
    I have to highlight, that we are not charging anything from our members - unless they want to buy traffic from other websites (and we still don't take any service charge or commission here), our widget is entirely free.

Engageya - I know their website, not so bad, but the widget customization options are quite limited.
    In addition to it, it's not working for wordpress blogs unless you host them yourself.

Lastly, their exchange ration is only 1:1, which means that there is no traffic gen. multiplier. And it's really not good...

Knowd - they used to be good, really. But now their content quality went down the slope with the articles like "12 Things You Didn't Know About Boobs" and "8 Women Who Auctioned Off Their Virginity" - personally, I wouldn't want to see these in my widget.

So here's pretty much what we're trying to deliver on our website (and please tell me if it's clear there):

1. Free, completely customizable widget
    2. Ability to buy, sell, exchange traffic, or simply rotate your best content on your website.
    3. Exchange ratio starts from 120%
    3. Only appropriate and high quality content is on display - no boobs & gore :)
    4. Editorial control over what's on your display.
    5. Multiple options to withdraw your earnings and flexible schedule for doing it.

It's hard to convince people about traffic quality - it's not something you can really preview.
    That's why we do trial campaign for those want to give it a shot. So far - so good ;)

Do you think it's enough for people to give us a try?

Well said!
    Guess you have the point, however when the one's working with the potential customer, he has to be able to clearly define the type of business he's working for, right?

Social media takes months and sometimes years to give you any meaningful results.
    Look at the big blogs like Technorati, Mashable, and others - they've spent years to become what they are now.

The whole point of Nster is for you to get the same results for the less time and cost.
    (People might think that SM are free, but with the amount of time you'll spend there, it's cheaper to run PPC campaign)
    Still, great insights people!
    Please keep them coming :D

Eugene_K., Apr 1, 2013 IP
    Stephan_Iscoe likes this.