1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Like Thread

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @dlatua
    Perhaps this thread "is totally worthless" to you. But this thread is a platform for those who do like the new DP to have a say. All the negative energy on here as of late needed to be counter balanced, and this thread is an attempt at that.
    So if you believe that positive energy is of no value, then what can I say to that?

Spoiltdiva, Mar 31, 2013 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  2. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like DigitalPoint for what DigitalPoint is, you'll never go anywhere on here or in life with out finding someone to moan about something, it's just life.

But specifically I like the html/css forums aswell as adsense and general chat forums, also speed of DP has really increased lately which is great oh and the new look, love it. :)

Nicholas Pope, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  3. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:

How to get likes fast and easy? hmmm 3,841 messages and 55 likes, I think I might LIKE your advice :rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for confirming what I've said before, but you can say/talk/discuss whatever you want in the general chat not in the support & feedback section.
    Why would you let yourself express your thought about the forum and argue other's (who don't like something you like) thoughts? I've seen you many times arguing someone who don't like a rule or anything here.

Before being smart make sure to do not show yourself dumb ;)
    If you read my last posts, I've said and will say the "like" system isn't working as it was supposed to work, therefore I am not using the tip and will not use it. An other reason is I got the minimum likes from the beginning (I had reputation points already), I don't care and do not have to care about getting likes.
    As mentioned in the the tip, it should be used to get the minimum needed to be established, but it may work to get more likes too. You should have though all this before rolling your eyes, but you didn't. ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    dlatua, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  5. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    I
    I LIKE your excuses

6. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    Sorry Spoiltdiva I just don't think this thread went the way you wanted it to go, like I said earlier doesn't matter where you go there's always someone to moan.

7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Actually the word is spelt *dumb*.;)

8. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excuses? Whatever you say captain. :))
    Typo edited, thanks.

dlatua, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    *Support* & Feedback forum. Those who *support* the new DP have this thread to comment on. Do you get it now, or are you "dump"?:rolleyes:

10. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Admitting you like something (a rule) doesn't support anyone.
    How is this supposed to support a new user?

If you are going to mention again my typo, I want to let you know I know 3 languages (excluding my native language) and I am a PhD student, already finished pharmacy. What about you clever boy/girl?

dlatua, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I like how there is a thread where *new* users can come on here and tell us what they like about this site that they joined. In so doing they can feel like they are a part of the community. (trying to get thread back on topic)
    I also speak 3 languages and can communicate (although broken) in 2 more. I studied at La Sorbonne for 4 years, but who cares? Anyway you are getting boring so I'm not going to respond anymore to you.

Nicholas Pope likes this.
  12. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    This. I mean I can post a picture of potatoes while saying "holy shit potatoes!" and it's all good. What else could you ask for?

[​IMG]

kulik, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  13. MAT!

MAT! Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like the changes and love the outcome.

MAT!, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  14. Wincrew

Wincrew Banned

Best Answers:
    I like a different layout of forum sections.
    I like the points and trophies system as well.

Wincrew, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I like that the average member on DP is more intelligent and knowledgeable than on other sites. Most members are involved in some way in the business community. I believe that the overall income and education of the membership is higher on average here, than any other sites that I have visited.
    It is due to the high level of membership experience and expertise, that one can learn here more than from other sites.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  16. Bloraud

Bloraud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can we speak about the don't like too ?

Pro :
    - the experience of members
    - the information we can find on the forum are really accurate
    - people are nice

Con :
    - the like system where you need 3 likes to post in some forum (affiliation for example...)

Bloraud, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  17. Princess Aiyanaa

Princess Aiyanaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    we have become addict to complain about everything we have and praise to those things which we don't have. So all the people who are complaining about DP system are forgetting that they are using DP as a free. DP is not saying to them to pay for the services providing to them, just quality of work is required here and this work only depend on the creativity, knowledge, experience and thinking of us so no cost is applicable. we are getting all the services and just have to give quality and a helping to others but sad to see still we are complaining. We can't keep happy to every one. every one in the world has his own mind and if there are people in favor than definitely some would go against to the system. it's law of nature. Therefore rather to complain against all the system we should have keep in mind that we are getting each and everything here and totally free of cost. I found All the information provided by DP member always accurate and to the point and all old members here are also nice and helping beacuse they have experience more than of us. this thread is really a good effort and made it easy to share the views of every one. my only advice is please stop complaining and try to look all the advantages and benefits which you getting from DP. by looking the bright side of this system we'll be able to know that what we have.
    at the end I would like to say sorry for my bad english. tried to use easy so that I can convey my views but if you facing any probelm to understand it than sorry. I'll try my best to correct my language.:cool:
    Best of Luck to all.:)
    Princess Aiyanaa

Princess Aiyanaa, Apr 3, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and Spoiltdiva like this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I like that for the mostpart new members are generally made to feel welcome here. I also like that members who do nothing, contribute nothing, post nothing (or post crap) are discouraged and end up going elsewhere.
    I like that DP is not spammer friendly.
    This new system facilitates all this and I *VERY* much like that.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  19. Princess Aiyanaa

Princess Aiyanaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree and really appreciate your efforts to help the new members. It is a famous saying that give and take. This law applies every where and every one should follow it in every walk of life. If DP is free than it's our duty that we contribute in such a way that can be helpfull for others and they can learn from it. The members who are complaining about this system are just showing that they just want to get benefits without any contribution. But many member are giving helping hand and gaining respect from new members and appreciation from old members. I like DP a lot as it is playing a role of teacher for me. I relate to Field of finance and also interested in SEO so I have learnt and still learning a lot about SEO from DP. Isn't it great? I am learning such a good skill even without any expense and problem to go for institutes.
    I love all about the DP and hope to learn more from here. :)

Princess Aiyanaa, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  20. TayneC8

TayneC8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am going to give my 2 cents, I know it's meant to be a "like" thread, but I'll give constructive criticism, I suppose that could count as positive :p

When I first joined up on Digital Point, I really didn't like the system. Within my first few posts, I got infractions and they built up, eventually getting banned. And you know why I got banned? As I didn't read the rules. All it takes is a few minutes to read the rules, and then you can safely say it's nearly impossible to get one.
    I found Digital Point to be rather strict to other forums I am a member of, but until you consider the size of the forum, and the staff members that volunteer their time to make sure the forum is running smoothly, I also appreciate that. With the level of strictness comes some positives to, and you don't see any low quality spammers around, it's all intellectual people that you can get business done with, but also have a great laugh at the same time.
    When the system changed to "likes" to get access to the BST, I was strongly against the idea, however keeping my opinions to myself. However, over time I have realized it is for the better, and to prevent spammers and scammers. Overall it's made the forum a much better place.

I want to say thank you to all the members whom make this forum an enjoyable place to visit daily and have a chat with, and to all staff members who contribute to make this forum a better place!

TayneC8, Apr 4, 2013 IP
    Princess Aiyanaa, GMF and Spoiltdiva like this.