1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't use MyBlogGuest.com

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by tyankee, Oct 23, 2012.

1. qbert_seo

qbert_seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    @ Tyankee

I posted solely on my own volition. Neither the real Ann Smarty (nor her army of clones :) ) requested I do such.

Most people on this thread are only attempting to point out the you do not appear to understand. Ironically, your interactions did nothing but improve the company's reputation since you consistently displaced blame whenever anybody posted something that contradicted your vantage point.

e.g.

Obviously, the above in no way relates to MBG.

Side Bar: I am an American citizen living in Sydney. This is not a political discussion, but based on your interpretation of how the rest of the world views the United States then I cannot help but end with the following quote:

People Get the Government They Deserve

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    qbert_seo, Mar 27, 2013 IP
    Pammer likes this.
  2. brandozz

brandozz Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had any luck using the free service. A paid account may give you access to better writers and better sites to submit to.

brandozz, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  3. Ann Smarty

Ann Smarty Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for not being often here. For some reason DP is not notifying me of the new replies here, so I miss a lot!

Just a couple of updates:

@tyankee, please don't offend respected members here. Everyone who said our service is good or just tried helping you understand our point is well established at DP and I didn't ask a single person to defend us. In fact, as you can see I am very new to DP and don't know anyone here, so I am even surprised we have so many advocates here!

Anyway, your accusations have no ground. The only person who is biased here is me, as I own the place. Feel free to ask DP admins to find any proofs of the opposite... otherwise, don't go as low as to assume things you can't prove...

Feel free to contact me personally and I'll be happy to provide personal training. I am sure MBG has something for someone (some options are not easy to find though as the usability is not our strongest part but we are working on that!)

I am sorry but those non-English symbols have nothing to do with HTML. You can't see them when looking at the code. Probably there was some issue with your software which you used to type your articles on but we'll never know because you refuse to try to even understand the problem.

I am sorry I don't think I have ever called anyone stupid :) I have a different style, but who knows...

We have a lot of blogs using our plugin, so far only one security report and we could not find the connection to the plugin. Even though we could not identify if the plugin had really to do with that issue, we had some security updates and we are now sure the plugin is clean! Please PM if you want us to personally guide you through and / or research your problem.

Again, thanks, everyone!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    Ann Smarty, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  4. brandozz

brandozz Peon

Best Answers:

Hi Ann,

I'm going to keep trying to connect with writers on the site but so far I have received 2 very, very poorly written articles. One of the "writers" even wrote "The acclaimed writer of...." in his bio, I can tell you I'm no writer but I'm guessing that he may have been in middle school. Should we report these types of things when they happen?

I've heard really great things about the site, it was even recommend by Eric Ward. I subscribe to the Link Moses newsletter and he mentioned your site in one of his private webinars.

Thanks for responding!
    -Brandon

brandozz, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. gzed

gzed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guest blogging communities tend to have problems w/ people posting junk content. There should be more emphasis on recruiting native English writers from North America / UK / Australia & New Zealand while limiting/banning ESL writers who aren't capable of producing well-written content. And if OP did what he was accused of doing, then the ban was well deserved. Bad apples need to be thrown out before they ruin things for everyone else.

gzed, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  6. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey - the post you're were quoting wasn't being sarcastic you know? Re-read it... He was trying to be nice to you, and you just came back at him with a load of caustic abuse?

Seriously, re-read what we posted. He may not have written it in the best English possible, but I think he honestly was trying to be nice to you!

mikeid22, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  7. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tyankee, looking at the post over on Anne's blog, I would say that maybe the piece was written in MS Word? Or some other word processor?

If so, try using a text editor, or at least a rich text editor, like Wordpad in Windows, or Text Edit on a Mac. You will need to run a spell check, but the thing is, writing in MS Word (or similar wordprocessors, instead of text/rich text editors) will give characters that are non-web friendly.

I have co-written for the online version of a large print magazines (VERY large glossy mag), and even they request content that isn't written using MS Word (for their website of course, not for the print version!).

mikeid22, Apr 15, 2013 IP
    Ann Smarty likes this.
  8. Ann Smarty

Ann Smarty Member

Best Answers:

Hey Brendan, low quality has really started becoming an issue. We don't really control the articles people exchange at forums and I was suggested a few times to close the free forums and focus on PRO features because of that... But giving away the freedom of being able to use the site for free would be against what I've always planned the site for... So of you use the forums, you may become the attack of low quality authors. We will only be able to deal with them if you report them...

The articles gallery is actively moderated and we are now enforcing more quality standards there, so it's a safer place for publishers. Besides we give lots of info to the publisher: we extract links from the article, show byline, author rating, etc.

For more help, please get in touch with me directly!

Ann Smarty, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  9. staticiation

staticiation Member

Best Answers:
    thanks..

staticiation, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  10. michaeldim

michaeldim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem with this paid services.
    The contact form is working, I requested to downgrade my account and make a refund, and they only downgrade my account.

Ann, keep your quality content of your members (your friends) and refund my money.

Ps. I was only pro member for 1 day, and I paid to be for a month..

michaeldim, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  11. Ann Smarty

Ann Smarty Member

Best Answers:
    The contact form is working, I requested to downgrade my account and make a refund, and they only downgrade my account.​

You got a refund the same day and 50 emails from us trying to reach you... You have something wrong with your email address as it says "from via " - I guess emails get lost somewhere underway.

PM me for the screenshot of the refund being executed on the same day

Ann Smarty, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  12. michaeldim

michaeldim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The truth is that you refund me. But I didn't receive any e-mail from paypal, and after all I don't trust you, so my concern was reasonable.
    If you don't want new members you can be honest and not let them pay, and then refund them. My project is overdue because of you. You can say at the begging "we always reject your articles" then I can search for other solution.

michaeldim, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  13. Mark Berger

Mark Berger Member

Best Answers:
    i think mbg offers a general good service although i can question about some policies. I have used mbg for other blogs in the past and worked great for me. I want to make you an example: i sold one of my blogs after 3 months with a PR 3 for $1200 on flippa. All articles came from mbg (and some from bloggerlinkup). The only things i did were checking articles against plagiarism (copyscape, plagspotter, etc..) and publish them (just copy/paste). Got a nice blog built almost on autopilot with quality content without any efforts and made a reasonable amount of money. Just an example but can you see the picture here? Rinse and repeat and you can bank money on demand without writing any single word... Maybe i should start a WSO on this ;)

Mark Berger, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  14. austin.weaver.712

austin.weaver.712 Member

Best Answers:
    I've never used the paid service but I've used the free forum for years with good results. As with anything, you need to spend some time on it - search through for relevant blogs and then evaluate the SEO strength of the site before contacting/submitting

austin.weaver.712, Jun 25, 2013 IP
    Ann Smarty likes this.
  15. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just signed up for this a couple of weeks ago and have successfully had an article published linking to a client site from a PR 4 site. At this point, with my limited exposure, I'm quite satisfied.

Jen 101, Jun 25, 2013 IP
    Ann Smarty likes this.
  16. Ann Smarty

Ann Smarty Member

Best Answers:
    When you join our site, you check the box that you will comply with our quality requirements. Yes, we take the content quality seriously, but only because we care about the members who use the content. It may be not for everyone, but we refund in full if it turns so. I am sorry you were overdue, but guest blogging isn't really about fast-deal solution. It's something long-term - and that's what we keep highlighting to our members.

Ann Smarty, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  17. wickedpork

wickedpork Member

Best Answers:
    just wanna give my frank opinion of MyBlogguest.. i just started to use it like a few weeks ago for my travel blog (if u wanna take a look, it's at - http://www.abillionlittlestars.com). I posted a thread requesting for articles.. and I got a lot who are merely just interested in plugging their links into pieces of poorly written articles. I even encountered one rude user (by the name of "Kristen Thomas", whom I suspect is a not her real name) who actually demanded that I put up her article immediately! It's a poor piece of content.. and not to say poor attitude, and she kept on sending me emails to chase. However, there are definitely writers who are sincere and give you good articles.. I have so far used 2 -3 articles on my site.. so I think overall, this is still quite a good site for someone who has no time to create good content.

wickedpork, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  18. adamprattler

adamprattler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    guys please stop complaining - the OP is clearly trying to cheat with dupe content and using cdertain symbols that are generated by auto content bots ( yes I know )
    Ann is an upstanding person and is definitely not going to cheat you out of the measly few bucks and I am sure she refunded you as mentioned

If anyone has any issues I suggest they contact her directly first to try and solve things rather then act like a child and an unprofessional person by making drama here

adamprattler, Jul 1, 2013 IP
    Ann Smarty likes this.
  19. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, if the above is a sample of how you wrote in the submitted articles then it's obvious why your articles were never approved. Your English and especially your punctuation and capitalization need some work.

Unless you are 12 years old, you could not have been a "native English speaker for over twelve years". English is only your "native" language if you've always spoken it. Otherwise, it's only a "second language" at best.

I've used their services and it works as advertised.

social-media, Jul 1, 2013 IP
    Ann Smarty likes this.
  20. Ryan Media

Ryan Media Peon

Best Answers:

Forget MyBlogGuest... Would you be interested in partnering with me? I have a group of 8 - 10 bloggers that let me regularly post guest blog posts as long as it's unique and high quality. I'm willing to place a link within 2 guest blog posts to your main site if you will link from your main site to my main site. It works out positively for both of us.

Message me if you'd like to discuss

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Ryan Media, Jul 8, 2013 IP