1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Removal Process

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by justdukeit23, Mar 25, 2013.

Hi guys,
    I am looking into getting quite a few links removed. I was wondering what ways you guys recommended... I have looked into the disavow tool and from my understanding it is a last resort type of tool. I know my site got penalized due to changes in the algorithms and I am just trying to clean out my backlinks. Do you guys recommend a service or is there something I can do on my own to do so. Thanks for your help!!!

justdukeit23, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  2. BlueToolbox

BlueToolbox Member

Best Answers:
    I came across a site a while ago that has a list of tools and services for removing links.

Try Google with something like: 'lucky boost backlink removal'

Please note I haven't tried any of these at all so don't how effective they are. Just thought the list might help steer you in the right direction.

Good luck, it looks like a pain in the neck!

BlueToolbox, Mar 25, 2013 IP
    nugnug77 likes this.
  3. sheva

sheva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can check here : http://luckyboost.com/backlink-removals-tools-and-tips/

Good luck, mate!

sheva, Mar 25, 2013 IP
    nugnug77 likes this.
  4. justdukeit23

justdukeit23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys! I appreciate your help.

justdukeit23, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  5. Tim.linkaudit

Tim.linkaudit Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you succeed in getting your backlinks removed with any of these suggestions? If not, get in contact with The Link Auditors. One tool we have that is not available anywhere on the internet is our automated email tool. Once all of the unnatural links have been detected, this tool will automatically send out removal requests to each webmaster that links to your site making the link removal process easier, quicker and all done with just one click of a button. Give us call and we'll talk you through it +44 (0)208 123 9429

Tim.linkaudit, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  6. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    That's right. But that's if you are trying to walk out of a manual penalty.
    If you have been affected by Penguin, there is no guarantee the disavow tool will help. I'd run an inbound link checker, identify particularly toxic links and try to get them removed.
    Thing is, there could be real people looking at the files that go into the disavow tool. If there are, they might slam you with a manual penalty if they take a look at your backlink profile...

Kianu42, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  7. Scritty

Scritty Peon

Best Answers:
    If you need to do this yourself then a tool like Scrapebox is your friend. It will mass fetch WHOIS (ICANN) information. for the webmasters you need to contact. If it's just a few, then that's enough to save you a ton of time.
    If you have thousands to remove (thousands of domains to contact) then a service that provides recordable email to each webmaster and tracks the conversations is a great addition. Some are mentioned above :)

Paul Rone-Clarke

Scritty, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  8. ChR0n1k

ChR0n1k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Literally have to download them all. Webmaster tools, mjseo, open site explorer, etc. all will have different data sets. Put them all into a master spreadsheet and remove any duplicates and get the top level domains. Visit all these sites one by one and email asking for removal. 90% of the time you will get no response, but hey, you spammed their site in the first place so what do you expect. Rinse, repeat, reconsideration request. Depending on the amount links you may have a long haul ahead of you.

ChR0n1k, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  9. Scritty

Scritty Peon

Best Answers:
    Since 4th Ocotober I've had 4 clients request link removal. 3 "in case" and one because of a Google penalty.
    In all cases the links are not being made by the client (so they say) - but given how old the sites are and how established they were in their field I would see no reason for them to suddenly start spamming. The newest site was of the 4 is 9 years old and the link profile is flat as a pancake until 4 weeks ago then it goes crazy with thousands of links being made a day.

These were clear negative SEO attacks. And not simple "comment and forum sig spam" either. Examples of neg SEO "companies" buying SAPE style links to point at competitors sites.

Now these link farms are mostly busted flushes as far as SERP rises go, they have dropped their prices significanly (think 80 cents per link per month down from a couple of dollars )and are now openly selling links on their networks for Negative SEO purposes.

As a group we have to understand that neg SEO is not bedroom hackers posting forum and comment spam like it might have been in May 2012. It has evolved quickly and now knows just how to kill a site - while still requiring very little effort or cost and providing an ROI that makes the process very appealing to most web-masters if they were that was inclined.

Long lasting, well thought out, "real looking" mixed platform links, designed to disrupt anchor text and follow metrics plus of course including the old fashioned ill targeted link spam.

The really nasty think now is to target as many unique domains as possible. No more "one email to a webmaster to remove thousands of links" more a case of 100,000 domains hit and a spreadsheet that large that Excel falls over when you load it

To assume that link removal is because "you spammed them in the first place" is increasingly not the case. The last 4 weeks has seen an explosion in negative SEO, and it seems very effective, wll thought out and professional (if you can call such a reprehensible action a "professional")

Get the WHOIS data from a tool like Scrapebox. Use a mail merge sender for the emails. Keep a spreadhsheet in Google docs with your progress. Supply the details of the email account and Google doc to the reconsideration team when you make your appeal.

Never seen a reconsideration request work first time. 3 is about the best, 5 is average. They will give you one or two examples with each failed request. They also insist (though I have my doubts) that the link list you download from GWM is enough for the whole process. Never found this to be the case.
    Each new request does not require you go through the whole process again however, just the ones you missed (or more likely were not in the download) the first time you sent it.

Paul Rone-Clarke

Scritty, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  10. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    You’ll never be able to have every spammy, low quality, irrelevant link removed. There will be sites that are abandoned, sites with no contact information, webmasters that refuse or ask for money, etc. etc.

Once again, make every effort to have the link removed. Once you’ve had as many links as possible removed, go ahead and disavow the rest, including notes as necessary.

Matt Alen, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  11. Scritty

Scritty Peon

Best Answers:
    It might add value to add my success rates with actually getting links removed.
    After a particulalry egregious negative SEO attack that had some frightening metrics.
    80,000+ different domains (so no mass removal requests - I needed to contact 80,000+ seperate web masters)
    SAPE style links included (and they don't reply to emails if you are not a member of their "scheme")
    Dozens of different platforms (so finding contact information when WHOIS has privacy or no listings is a lot harder)
    Made over time - months (So you fix it - and they just come back again - as I'm finding out now)

The Stats
    ----------

81,902 requests. 72,100 (exactly) went through the email merge and did not bounce back
    41 replies after a week.
    3 demanding money to remove the links (from $5 to $1200)
    5 telling me to (to put it politely) "Leave..."
    33 removed links
    Week 2 repeated the process for those sites that had gone through but that had not replied week one - added precisely 1 more removed link

So still over 88,800 links present which represents 0.03% success rate (99.97% failure)

That's how sophisticated negative SEO is now and what we are dealing with.
    And guess what...
    The links are still being made it turns out, so it was all for nothing anyway. Whoever is doing it has turned the tap back on making 5000 plus new links a day according to Majestic SEO. I seriously doubt Google will accept these results as good enbough for a reconsideration request as the completely deny the reality of Negative SEO
    Who would have thought the "Golf" niche was so full of idiots.

Paul Rone-Clarke

Scritty, Nov 2, 2013 IP