1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Ways To Advertise A Ecommerce Site?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by sitescripts, Mar 17, 2013.

Hey I was wondering what do you find to be the Best Ways To Advertise A Ecommerce Site? I have tried solos and safe lists and have had a small amount of luck for my site http://scriptsgenie.com

Any body have any advice?

sitescripts, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  2. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go where you target market is. If your target market is using particular sites go and advertise on them.
    You can always give PPC SE advertising a go - you don't have to spend much and can immediately see if you are getting a return on your investment.

hhsaus, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  3. anne785

anne785 Member

Best Answers:
    you can advertise your site using SEM and SMM.

anne785, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  4. ecapsnet

ecapsnet Member

Best Answers:
    If want instant visitors, According to the niche, advertise on theGoogle Network, Join ad Networks, BuySellAds. Get involve in Link Building, Optimise the website according to search engine guidelines, this is the best way to get the natural traffic.

Don't buy traffic from cheap provider; 98% are fake and use automatic applications.
    Don't use Fiverr for traffic.

ecapsnet, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  5. komol88

komol88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who is your target audience? And what's your revenue and traffic target?
    It's really important to try to answer this questions. Even if you have wrong answers you're trying to thinking and planning.

Expensive methods this is not yours, you sell cheap goods:
    Google (ADV)
    Banners (BuySellAds)

Google SEO - good, but a long time method

Cheap one:
    Target forums and your reputation on them :)
    Try to search for multi language forums (Hindi, Spanish, Russian) and offer your services through Google Translates

Don't forget English forums :)

komol88, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  6. ibutrading

ibutrading Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to distribute your information as much as possible and inform larger audience on the internet. You can also try Google search. .....IBUonline is a B2B e-business platform which has cooperated with Google in order to help China suppliers and international buyers to promote on the internet.

ibutrading, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  7. maneetpuri

maneetpuri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some that may interest you:
    • We have certain advertisement websites, wherein you can post ads that again remain visible for a particular period of time. A good example of that would be Craiglist.org!
    • Submit the respective website to a good web directory.
    • We have some good submission websites like ‘prfree.com and openpress.com’, wherein you can submit press releases. This will surely help you!
    • Write articles and blogs depicting the USPs of your website. Show people why you have an edge over others in the market. Include client testimonials to make things seen more realistic.
    • Work on the search engine rankings too with the help of SEO strategies. The best way to do that would be to consult an SEO professional.
    • Link exchange with reputed websites
    • Include unique promotional campaigns every now n’ then.
    Hope this helps!

maneetpuri, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  8. promowebeveron

promowebeveron Member

Best Answers:
    By SMO and SEM

promowebeveron, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  9. itjared

itjared Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO SEM SMO and linkbuilding strategies, PPC campaigns, Branding and some direct marketing

Jared's Direct Inc., Jared S. Findel

itjared, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  10. Dhamodharan M

Dhamodharan M Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to submit your website URL in all search engines and open directories. Avoid using copy contents, try to modify website content often. Then try to key your met keywords and tags appropriate to search engine top search. Make your SEO friendly urls for all your website links.

Dhamodharan M, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  11. marrisaN

marrisaN Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your budget is high, go for Google adwords. SEO and SEM will take while to yield results. You got to be patient. Make sure you have a well thought out plan in place.

marrisaN, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  12. dutzu

dutzu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    • Placing Ads: I’ve gotten several leads by placing ads in a variety of places. For example, the newspaper is a great place to advertise your website. All you need to do is come up with a catch title and put your e-commerce website URL below it and you’re set. If you don’t want to pay for the ad, you can always check out Craigslist or print of flyers to leave at your hairdresser’s place, grocery store or anywhere else that will allow you to post it.

• Building Links: This is also known as “backlinking” and is very powerful when advertising your e-commerce website. Basically, how it works is you strategically place your website link in different places online. You can do this by submitting relevant articles to article directories, creating a blog that links back to your website and participating on forums.

And.. Facebook. FB is where it’s all happening. Practically everyone who’s anyone is there, but the key is that to see what they’re up to you have to be accepted as a friend. This means you’ll start out with a bunch of friends – but these are the people that want to hear what’s up with you. So, it’s easy to post nonchalant things about how the day is going and then sneak in a post that has a link to my website in it.

dutzu, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  13. komol88

komol88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    On my experiences FB advertising is wasting money.
    Too many bots and cheat clicking.

komol88, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  14. cchipster

cchipster Member

Best Answers:
    Three words: Pay Per Click

cchipster, Apr 3, 2013 IP
    bordello likes this.
  15. TreyH

TreyH Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC can be good but I would hardly say it is the best way to market your e-commerce site online. I work for an internet marketing company and we stopped doing PPC a while back.

The Pros
    Fast! You get to the front page almost instantly.
    You know you are working with Google for Advertising on Google. So there is that.

The Bad
    EXPENSIVE! At least to do a good campaign. This is the biggest reason why we stopped running peoples PPC campaigns.

First off, I am sure you know how ppc works. Every click at costs a certain amount of money depending on the product and time of day and a number of other factors. So, lets say you are running a PPC campaign of $100 a month, and each click is $1. After a 100 clicks you are gone from the front page of Google. The worse news is that, if you are paying $100 a month, that doesn't mean you are getting $100 worth of clicks. The issue was that we had a lot of clients who were spending several thousand dollars a month on PPC, and thought they were getting several thousand dollars worth of advertising. But unfortunately, Google takes a large portion of your money for themselves. Its been a while and I forget the percentage but it was a pretty big percentage. So you think you are spending $5000 a month for $5000 a months worth of clicks but you are only getting a fraction of that moneys worth of clicks. I think I remember Google having a guarantee on their ROI but you had to pay a minimum of $15000 a month a believe. So if you are only planning on spending a few thousand dollars, it wont be worth it. And even if you are spending $15000 or more a month, there are better ways to spend your money.

The best thing I would suggest is Organic SEO. The bad thing about Organic SEO is the fact that it can be slower. To have great ranking will take a few months. But the good thing is, once you are there you will have unlimited clicks. 100 clicks 1000 clicks a million. It doesn't matter. You are on the front page of Google, which is the exact same thing that PPC does! And once you are on the front page your profits generally get greater and greater as you build a strong customer base and a reputation for your online store. If you are in a industry that has millions of searches a month for your products or service then you can get millions of clicks every month without having to pay Google for every single click. Because the longer you do PPC doesn't mean each click will get less expensive. It will be the same amount per click. Probably more expensive. So if you want to get more people into your site, you need to spend more money on PPC. Your profits will be DIRECTLY TIED TO THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU SPEND! If the only way people will see your website is through PPC then unless your PPC campaign has money, you arnt making money. So in the long run, it will be much more cost effective and profitable to do Organic SEO.

The company I work for specializes in E-Commerce sites and we often work for companies where we will take a small flat fee up front but will increase the fee as your traffic and sales increase. It helps you and it will make sure we have a long lasting client which is what we want at the end of the day. We know it will make us much more money than just trying to take what we can in the first few months. But the company needs to make sense. For example, if you are trying to make money off a e-commerce site that sells pagers and pager accessories, then we might pass since I doubt you will make a lot of money selling pagers with cell phones. But if you would like to talk more about your e-commerce let me know.

TreyH, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  16. GauravBR

GauravBR Member

Best Answers:
    Best way is so far known as Affiliate only but choose this option wisely. If your users post it everywhere and may make your website SEO worst...

GauravBR, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  17. cchipster

cchipster Member

Best Answers:
    You will NEVER make a full time living depending on SEO. Our sites rank fo rmany of our keywords above the fold, and rarely if ever get sales from the them.

cchipster, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  18. jnrtan1

jnrtan1 Member

Best Answers:
    Submit In Serch Engines And Publish On Social Networks.. Share it On Your Circle.. Simple ..

jnrtan1, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  19. cchipster

cchipster Member

Best Answers:
    Far from 'simple' ! LOL Submitting to search engines does little to nothing without proper SEO. Social networks take many months to build a loyal following. This includes providing daily valuable posts to your subscribers, before you EVER try to sell anything. The golden rule is at least 6-months or more. So ya, FARRRRRR from simple!

cchipster, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  20. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sounds like to me your landing page and/or product sucks then. It's all about the conversions and I still see my best sales from my natural SEO listings, even though the keywords are saturated with Adwords.

cldnails, Apr 8, 2013 IP