1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What tool do you use for evaluating Google's Top 10 competitors?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Alcalo, Mar 20, 2013.

My questions are:
    1) What tool do you use for evaluating Google's Top 10 competitors?
    2) Why did you choose it over other tools?
    3) How reliable are the results of your selected tool?

I'm currently using the "SEO Competition" module from Market Samurai (paid version) and at first sight it seems to work fine because, lets say, if I change the country setting to Mexico it gives me the same top results as if I do the manual search on Google.com.mx.

For the users that currently use Market Samurai as I do... What are your thougths about the reliability of this module?

Alcalo, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  2. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not using any tool. I am just using Google..:)
    1) I just put my keyword in Google and consider first page result as Google's Top 10 competitors..:)
    2) I have choose this over other tools, because i think no one tool can beat Google result...:)
    3) Results of Google always reliable in accordance with the useful for users..:)

afoley77, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  3. websolutions85

websolutions85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google itself a big tool to check your competitors ranking. No tool can beat Google and Google results are 100 % Guaranteed.

websolutions85, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  4. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depend upon the Keyword you choose for promoting used, some sites are having same business but they are using different keywords like, we take the example of real estate, some sites use Real estate, find property keywords so they get different competitor,on the other hand some property sites used real estate investment, my property key word at that time they get different competitor.
    So at that time you can use Google ad words tool to see the competition of keywords.
    If you see the top 10 competitors of particular keyword then simply type the keyword in Google search box.

My Property Stores, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  5. Alcalo

Alcalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies! :) Maybe I didn't explain myself. What I meant is what do you use to measure the strength of the competition. (on page / off page SEO)

Alcalo, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  6. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. SEO Quake - A FireFox Extension.... I love it!
    2. Don't really know, but its free. :)
    3. I have never used any other tool, so I can't compare to any others, just the fact that I see it to almost be spot on most of the time...

Holla!~

GuruCreation, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  7. Alcalo

Alcalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts GuruCreation ;)

Anyone else could provide more suggestions?

Alcalo, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  8. rankseo

rankseo Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Seo quake, sem rush,market samurai,ahrefs, majestic seo, seo spy glass and rank checker. All free for the most part but MS . market samurai is magic btw. You can upgrade any of them but the free versions will work for most people.

rankseo, Mar 24, 2013 IP