1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How i can optimize youtube video ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ssumiakter, Mar 24, 2013.

I have two videos that i want to optimize. Anyone can suggest me ?

ssumiakter, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do off site optimisation (optimization) with some backlinks but other than the on site metrics (likes etc) and the built in stuff on YouTube you have little control over the on page SEO that much once the vid is posted.

So do some off site stuff and point some links at the YouTube pages might be a good way for you to go...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  3. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    There are several things that you should keep in mind if you are trying to optimize your Youtube video.
    Please read the following post below -

How to optimize Youtube video for getting more exposure in search ranking?
    You tube video are no doubt a great way to promote your blog, product or service to the online users. Perhaps you have noticed that properly optimized youtube videos appear towards the top of the search engine result.

So, the question lies, how can we optimize our Youtube video?

For me, perhaps Optimizing youtube video is much easier comparing to optimizing a blog post. Though there may be lots of other strategies beyond what I am going to discuss here, but I am just trying to explain How do I optimize the youtube videos for my client's projects. Here are the simple ways to optimize the youtube videos.

Youtube video Onsite Optimization technique:
    1. While saving the video, take care that you must have name the video according to the subject or topic of the video. This is of prime importance that will already get your work 50% done.
    2. Try to include some keyword in the file name of the video while saving it.
    3. While uploading the video, you will get a Title box, so choose the title wisely so that it can help the search engine and the viewers too to relate it to the topic they are searching for.
    4. You must ad description and must not leave the box blank. Don't just stuff the box with keywords but write down a meaningful description that should include the related keywords.
    5. In the description box, write down the URL of your website. Keep in mind that the URL should remain above the fold that is the URL should be displayed about ----- Read More----- section. Most of the people doesn't bother to click on read more to get into details and search out the URL. Hence it should be above the fold.
    6. Use tags wisely. Tags play a great role in keyword search. So, try to include synonyms in the tags.
    Youtube video Offpage optimization technique :
    1. Write a small post on your blog and post embed the youtube video url on your blog. Blog posts with youtube video not only liked most by the visitors but also by the search engines.
    2. Once your blog has been published, share it through email, facebook, twitter and other ways. Though this is more like social marketing but it is also a part of SEO too.
    3. If your youtube video really ads some value to the readers that you can leave the url while placing comments on some related topics of other's blog posts.
    So, there are much more than these but you can try these as simple ways to optimize your youtube video.

Hope this post will help. If you have any other query, please feel free to ask me. I would love to share my knowledge and experience.

digitalcreativenetwork, Mar 24, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  4. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Excllent advice and there was me assuming the OP menat the vids had already been posted on YouTube LOL :)

Revelations-Decoder, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  5. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To rank it in Google.com:

You optimize the youtube URL page, just like you optimize any other page, hence you get backlinks to it. Link page from squidoo, forum signatures, write & submit articles, your sites/blog, etc etc.

Use the keyword you want it to rank for in Google in anchor text.

jacksarlo, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  6. ssumiakter

ssumiakter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So please let me clear about off page linkbuilding. social,blog,article etc.

ssumiakter, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  7. Eilidh Martin

Eilidh Martin Member

Best Answers:
    link building is one of the good process for site promotion. I know different types of link, such as One way link, two way link or reciprocal link, and three way link. Directory submission is one type of one way link building process. But, I think it is very old process. Now Article submission and forum posting most strong process of link building. But, I believe link exchange also require for site promotion.

I have a own site regarding Web Design & SEO. Now, I am looking for link exchange. So, if any interested person, can contact with me, through forum, for link exchange. After approval, we must include your link into our site. Thanks in advance.

Eilidh Martin, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  8. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, add a strong title, keywords, and description on your video, your Video automatic Optimize and you can share your video on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.

azharSEO, Mar 25, 2013 IP