1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing Isn't Working

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jasontn, Mar 22, 2013.

Offered a very cheap price for quality web hosting but can't beat competition. Hosted the site on a good looking blog, but not directly related to web-hosting (but it was the most "web host" looking free theme offered). How to gain customers trust? Add PayPal buttons? Text fields for signing up (I got a free auto-responder on Cpanel). Note: Not advertising my site on marketing forum. So I hope the admin won't get angry.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    jasontn, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you currently doing to market your website right now? Are you using social media? SEM?

cronik, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  3. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Just here on this site.

jasontn, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  4. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May I ask why? lol. I haven't looked at an ad of yours, your website, all I know is from this post. My recommendations are to provide good customer support, live chat feature on website, business phone and address up. Ability for people to talk with you on gTalk, Skype, etc. These things will definitely build trust. Run a blog that will attract your customers, etc. I know for me it has been difficult to promote web hosting services. I use Microsoft Adcenter to promote my website and that seems to work. Aside from that, you need to be the solution to someones problem. Small businesses need web hosting, can you get them online in a trouble-free easy setup? I'm just typing thoughts here, good luck to you!

cronik, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  5. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    1st Step -
    First of all, if you are not popular in the market then starting with cheap price will not work. Every one knows that Quality never comes cheap. So, this is not the right way to beat the competition. It is always the quality, right customer service and correct strategy that helps you promoting your business and beat the competition.

Set your price to standard or little low to standard but not at cheap. Mention on your service page why you are not offering your service at cheap price and also convince them that they are getting more at the standard price. Help your customer realize why they shouldn't go for cheap and why they should spent on your service. but remember never try to criticize your competitors. Let your customers do so but you shouldn't. You should only focus on How you serve your customers in better way but never pin point your competitor's flaws in front of your customer. That will sound cheap and your customer will consider you at the same standard who always keep complaining about others.

2nd step -

You should take help of Social Media and check out for your clients there. Don't just start spamming your links and services. People on social media are quite intelligent to trace you as spammer. Try to search out people on the same niche and check out if someone is asking for any help or suggestion. Initially, if you can help them for free or offer some valuable suggestion to them, they will remember you and will definitely seek you whenever they need future help or service. It is then when you can ask them that your free services is limited and you do provide paid service for such things.

3rd Step -

Your strategy should also include sales pitching to potential clients. You need to do research and help them get updates in the industry. You have to prove yourself as someone who is beneficial for their industry and believe me everyone will try to get in your touch for their own sake and you will be the winner in your goals.

So, you can't just jump into the field and expect to beat the competitors with cheap price offer. If they are doing business right now then they definitely have worked hard for this day and there is no shortcut for you too.

Hope this info will help you to chalk out something that is beneficial for you.

digitalcreativenetwork, Mar 23, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Learn copywriting. If you master that, then nothing can stop you in your online marketing efforts.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  7. ahmet teke

ahmet teke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should use social media and dominate review services. Most people buy hosting services with the suggestions of their friends. So, try to be involved in this conversation.

ahmet teke, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  8. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually an improved design will help out a lot. Unfortunately, my pay day isn't until next week, so I can buy supplies. Another problem is bounced emails from my business email. I set up an email on cPanel that bounced when I sent it. But without a business email, then you look amateurish.

jasontn, Mar 24, 2013 IP