1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stealing facebook profile info to create fake profiles on other sites?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by walts1, Mar 17, 2013.

Stealing facebook profile info (including profile picture) to create fake profiles on other sites? (on a social network owned by someone I know) Am I in trouble? What if I apply Adsense into such a site?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    walts1, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  2. sam2oke

sam2oke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you are in trouble if someone that you steal the profile knows his/her profile is stealed...
    and It's not imposible if he/she reports your Adsense site to Google then you get banned... CMIIW...

It would be nice if you create you own fake profile...
    Tips from me about create fake profile (just for site profile, not for Adsense coz i use my real address for Adsense)...:
    1. Find real address that have complete details... (the important thing is phone number that can be called and answered)
    2. Create fake name (associated by the real address), for example: if you get real address from Italia, create fake name about Italian.

That's all...
    At the rest use your imagination to complete your fake profile...

Please don't share the tips to anyone....

sam2oke, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ...."don't share the tips to anyone". You just posted them on a public forum.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 17, 2013 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  4. sam2oke

sam2oke Active Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha... :D
    It's just marketing strategy...

sam2oke, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  5. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe that someone would ever want to steal someone's identity and think that it could be all right. You are the type of person whop should not be marketing because sooner or later you will get found out and I hope it is sooner.
    We need honest people in Internet Marketing.

bettaone, Mar 17, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. wmatla

wmatla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its just unethical and unnecessary. You may find this hard to believe but there is abundance enough for everyone to profit, the good way.

wmatla, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  7. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you ever read Bill Gates wiki? Thousands have put something into it but Bill Gates himself. What if I follow the same module. I do profile articles mostly on public figures (and a bit on few ordinary people on facebook). I am not stealing identities for the sake of profits. Its a social network anyway. So harmless. There are Public figure pages on facebook already. I can pick a similar approach. Right?

walts1, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  8. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nobody likes spot light if its off. Fake profiles on a social network, is not the same as "Snakes on a Plane"

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    walts1, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  9. jaismeen

jaismeen Member

Best Answers:
    Dear its internet marketing strategy nothing else.

jaismeen, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  10. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whats is the legality of this?

walts1, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  11. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any inputs pls

walts1, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  12. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

It is not legal. Obviously. A tip to keep in mind is when you describe your own activities as "stealing" usually it is not going to be legal.

At a minimum, you are committing copyright infringement by using an image without permission. This can lead to serious problem and the loss of your adsense account. At worst, there a many new laws dealing with identity theft and fraud and depending on how you use these profiles you could be guilty of that as well. It is a really poor idea.

browntwn, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  13. Formula1

Formula1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    how can you be so unethical and still asking for tips from veteran members here? you really have courage man but for me, I will never ever do this to anybody, use your real identity and if you ever wish to do some underworld things, why spoil some other person's profile just for your own sake.
    just think if someone do same to you and you land in some kinda trouble then???

Formula1, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  14. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Where was (actually) the Declaration of Independance signed? You may argue that it was in Philadelphia or at the bottom. Did you read my later comments to this thread.

1. "Have you ever read Bill Gates wiki? Thousands have put
    something into it but Bill Gates himself. What if I follow the same module. I do
    profile articles
    mostly on public figures (and a bit on few ordinary people on facebook). I am
    not stealing identities for the sake of profits. Its a social
    network anyway.
    So harmless. There are Public figure pages on facebook already. I can pick a
    similar approach.
    Right?

2. "Nobody likes spot
    light if its off. Fake profiles on a social network, is not the same as 'Snakes on a Plane'"

At the bottom of each profile article I mention that the profile is created by the staff and is not actively updated by the protagonist. In that way I declare the independance from the liability. Now what you have to say?

walts1, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  15. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pls somebody..... Just a cup of water here. I am dying in thirst

walts1, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  16. avantemedia

avantemedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    How would you feel if you had your profile taken and posted elsewhere? Although this information is public from a few people, they might be unaware that this is public as the signup and maintain this privacy. If you steal the information as a friend of someone who is set to private then yes you are in legal hot water, you will also be against the terms of facebook in any country.

I would sue you if you took my info, a lot of people have very personal details on there they would not want anyone but friends to know. The same can be said with pictures, if you want this information you can ask for people to sign up, a facebook ad is very cheap and might get you some genuine people actually interested in your site! Until then you need to create fake profiles, with some good fake information.

Or better yet, ask people you know to sign up, if this place is going to be worth some money, then you can offer some sort of small reward for signup in the market place.

avantemedia, Mar 24, 2013 IP