1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Appraise this new reg. in domain hack please

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Herpsy, Dec 29, 2012.

I was surprised it was available. I just registered letjesus.in I do plan on developing it so if it is reg fee then so be it. I was just so surprised it was not taken. I wanted it regardless.

Is there non development value?
    What about proper development?

CHEERS!

Herpsy, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, develop it. As it's a hack, you either need to find someone who shares your vision/love for Jesus (or whatever) or develop it. Religion is very good business, so it's sure to have value once properly developed. There are those crazy preachers who prey on people's beliefs in religion to make a lot of money, so that would be a good place to start if you want to try to sell it. (Assuming any of them use the internet for their business, too.)

As for a dollar value, it's hard to place. As it stands, zero, but on the other hand one of those preachers might be willing to spend thousands to get it. You can test the waters as is and try for $1000-3000 (obviously, this would be a price for the really rich ones who have a big online following - if it exists), or have a totally crazy brain storming session to come up with ideas (you also need to think like one of those preachers to consider what they might also want to do with it). The thing with developing it is you have to consider who (the type of religious people) you want to eventually sell it to and develop it in that way. Monetize it in that way. To show it works.

Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    ryan_uk, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  3. Herpsy

Herpsy Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ Thanks for the courtesy reply. I figured the "as is" value was 0 after so many views and no replies so I appreciate your input. But as a clever hack and the target audience you never really know. Personally I am not religious but I do agree it has development potential. I do want to develop it unless someone offers me something I simply cannot refuse which probably won't happen.

I don't plan on developing it any time soon, but I have been doing research on the matter. There are some religious "parties" (for lack of better words) that have websites up but are using old pure html, frames and other tagging nonsense. I plan on looking into these parties and if big enough make an offer where I would develop them a better site, get them to forward their existing traffic for no cost to them while including forums (phpBB for the win), and integrating social networking.

After the site has a good soak for 6 months fire up some google ads, and if a good enough relationship builds put up paypal button offering X to said party where Y is going to "development and domain costs"

I'm no expert but I do know that adult themed content, religion and politics sell hard. Figured I would at least go the religious route and see what happens.

If the right party comes along and has enough existing traffic, takes the offer with the hack it should be profitable. If not just another loss in the bucket.

That is the plan anyway.

THANKS!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    Herpsy, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    I wish you luck with it. I'm very sure you can make some good money from this domain (I'm personally atheist, but see the earning going on in religion - not just the crazy preachers in the USA, but seen it in person in Poland and also have a religion-related website that makes me a nice bit of money each month). You could always go after both markets and register letsatan.in, too. I don't know if there's as much money to be made in Satanism as there is with Christianity, though.

ryan_uk, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  5. Herpsy

Herpsy Member

Best Answers:
    My friend said to register that domain you mentioned after learning of this domain but in the 10 years + of trying to get into the online market I am in close to 5000$ in leaked losses. Just within the last month I found an online niche that actually nets me a good sum in google ads and reading over google ads TOS (3 times) and continuing to make sure that my site in question does not break any rules and I am following what they ask (it seems too good to be true I finally accomplished something)

I am in just no rush to overwhelm myself with projects. Been down that road. I scaled down a lot, I am "atheist" as well but respectful and interested in others opinions on religion and definition of "god". I don't have a lot of time to dedicate myself to too many projects. Learned a lot, being smart this time. I am more tight with registering domains because I had a lot of losses. (dropped close to 95% of what I "thought" was a sure thing).

Really thankful of your input. And religious people can be crazy opinionated. I see it on facebook all the time. That drives mad traffic. I am pretty excited to chase this one. Even if it is not for a few months (optimizing existing successful site for SERP and SEO)

Herpsy, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Hi mate,

I know the feeling. A lot of successes and failures. Especially as almost two years ago, I had to drop everything (sites, domains, developments) due to personal reasons. (Although I found a few domains left over, that I had forgotten about.) Well, when I could finally return (no, I wasn't in prison lol!), I again bought some I thought would be a good idea... d'oh. In the process of trimming my "sure things", too. (I realised some of them are just too much work for one person in terms of maintaining content and I don't really like to outsource that - except for graphics.) Putting my focus on what will make a bit of cash, but doesn't necessarily interest me too much (so I won't spend too much time on it). So far, a better formula.

Have to say, the changes (Panda, Penguin, EMD update, etc) that Google have brought in over the past two years have made a big difference in a positive way so far I've found. (I know, not the most popular view; Google hate, paranoia and tinfoil hat SEO is all the rage these days.)

ryan_uk, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  7. Herpsy

Herpsy Member

Best Answers:
    Ryan, question of the day:

What about a religious themed adult themed website? My business partner and good friend (whom I forgot to mention!) just had that idea. Thoughts?

Herpsy, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Hehehe, it's an interesting idea for sure. That one might limit your resale market, but would be fun to run and a consistent earner. It's sure to provoke some controversy, too, which is always a good and free method of advertising. Personally, if I was going to flip it later, I would develop a site that has a wider resale market, though. Good luck with whatever you do.

ryan_uk, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  9. Herpsy

Herpsy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response Ryan.

This went a little off topic for its place but after quite the discussion with my partner of the pros and cons of both types we decided to go adult themed content yet have a really nice religious theme, something controversial. with some pretty nice slogans we came up with. Also ran it by my host provider and they gave it the ok.

It will be something simple, maybe a 15 mins of fame thing but YOLO right? -_-

The saturation of both religion and adult themed content insane. So why not bring them together? Also, it will be a free-to-view site.

Thats where it is headed haha. Unless someone wants to save the URL and buy us out for 6 figures pm me :p

Ill PM you when it is live might be a month or more. :)

Thanks for taking the time with me!

Herpsy, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  10. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Hahaha, nice one, mate. So domain name is so apt for it. I can imagine the responses of prim-and-proper religious women now. First, shock, disgust, then intrigue lol!

ryan_uk, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  11. ChR0n1k

ChR0n1k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha what a twisted idea BUT I LOVE IT.

I have had great success in the Christian website industry. Books especially, Christians love to buy books on Amazon from their favorite spiritual authors.

Also made some $$ developing church websites, maybe some need SEO and you could flip links???

Anyways, back to OP, i love domain hacks, and this one is awesome.

ChR0n1k, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  12. Herpsy

Herpsy Member

Best Answers:
    Finally had time to work on this project after a few days research decided to go with what people will assume it will be. Religion. Set up something easy for now and will sit on it for a bit. Better than the namecheap advert page any day.

Thanks for the feedback a few months back!

Herpsy, Mar 20, 2013 IP