1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Misconception of Panda

Discussion in 'Google' started by soniqhost.com, Mar 18, 2013.

I've been reading some of these threads about Panada update and many of you have mentioned that it makes SEO more difficult or kills SEO or made mention of backlinks. Let me break it down for you.

Panada - Has nothing to do with backlinks. Panada focus on your on page content. Your backlinks have to have some what related to the content of your page. If you have copied content, short or badly done content its just not going to do well.

Penguin - This has to do with backlinks, where your backlinks are coming from, the keywords, things like that.

Have these updates made it more difficult to do SEO, in my opinion, No. All it takes is quality content and quality backlinks. Has it made difficult operating certain sites, I think so. If your site is built for affiliate commission or just for adsense then its going to have a much more difficult time ranking in google. That's what google favors and that's how it is.

soniqhost.com, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  2. Maharani

Maharani Member

Best Answers:
    how much you paid by google? :rolleyes:

Maharani, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  3. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? Like via adsense?

soniqhost.com, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

In many cases, you will find that the complaints about the changes come from people who have relied on a formula to rush to the top of Google rankings. They are frequently affiliate marketers or other business folks who needed a quick way to rank so that they could get a return on their time/money investment as soon as possible.

So for them, yes, Panda and Penguin made SEO "harder" - or at least the results more elusive and difficult to achieve in a short time frame. But for folks with "normal" sites, it's actually made it a lot easier in my opinion: less fiddling around to worry about!

TIEro, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  5. lapseo

lapseo Member

Best Answers:
    I think she was being sarcastic and implying you were saying this because you were paid by Google to do so...

In my opinion SEO is pretty much the same as 2 years ago, even 3 years ago. If you create high quality content and focus on high quality backlinks you will be fine... regardless of Panda and Penguin refreshes...

lapseo, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  6. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I agree with you, there is slight change in SEO, otherwise it is working like it was 3 years before..

alex06295, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  7. soniqhost.com

Best Answers:
    I agree, with Panada there is more focus with on page SEO, and the penalties for links from bad neighborhoods are a bit harsher with Penguin, but the fundamentals haven't change, quality content and back links will done well with google.

soniqhost.com, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  8. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys If the SEO is same like 3 years back than where are META keywords,why Bold and Italic is no longer that stronger,why social media have increasing Important role in Rank and why Anchors got weak.What is EMD and why it deranks many natural domain names?
    Technology is one area where Updates are so common part that you have to stay connected and make your Company/Organization Culture adopted to change.
    Good Quality and Good backlinks are surely being a good think.You still can not create patterns even with good quality backlinks or else manual team can hunt you.Build links natural way or smart way but needs more effort.

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  9. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those are minor changes, in general it's still the same as a 2 or 3 years ago.

quiz, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  10. soniqhost.com

Best Answers:
    on the whole its still about content and links

soniqhost.com, Mar 23, 2013 IP