1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fiverr: Get Those Beloved Orders -My 2 cents..

Discussion in 'General Business' started by inyourway, Mar 19, 2013.

First of all, I just wanted to say that I might not be the most "perfect" person to create a thread like this, but as the title says, it's my own 2 cents.

Fiverr is a great place to earn money.. We all know that. But MOST people doesn't earn. They all try to do their very best, (what they believe themself), they create their gigs and just wait.. And continue to wait.. And ... Yeah, you know the answer..

They sit on their arses doing nothing and just longing for the notification of a sale..
    That doesn't happen more than once in a while, most of the times.

-"Hey, that's not true! I saw one guy on Fiverr who had 30 orders in queue."

What do you want me to say?
    People who's actually willing to put in effort, their the ones who ends up with results like that. And sellers who provides their customers with something USEFUL.

You can't create a gig and try to sell a stone. You will NOT get any orders by doing that.

The first thing you need to figure out, that is, WHAT you CAN!
    What are your skills? Do you have any knowledge in writing? Graphic design? Testimonials? Video creation services? ... Just keep asking yourself these kind of questions and suddenly, you'll come up with some answers.

When you KNOW what you are GOOD at, you need to ask yourself if that's something OTHERS would pay for.. I know, it's $5 so most people doesn't provide great things for such a dirt-cheap payment, and that's why most of them ends up with a failure.

But the ones who actually DO provide their customers with GREAT services, are also the ones with "tons" of orders in queue.. Am I right? Of course I am. :)

Do you finally have a GREAT idea?
    Are you also certain that others would PAY for that?

That fantastic! ..... So what's next?
    Just listing your gigs among an "ocean" of others doesn't work very well..

So, what's next?!
    Be creative, be smart and take it easy..

You'll need to create a gig which:
    -Have a great title.
    -Have a great description.

Those two things are vital. Fail with these and you'll be out.
    This could be very simple. Explain in detail WHAT your customers will get.
    If you're not using english as your first language (like me, I'm from Sweden)
    you could look around for someone who will help you with these things.
    If you can't manage this yourself that is.

Why don't you use this forum and ask for help by members? :)
    A potential buyer doesn't care too much about some grammatical errors and mistakes, as long as there's not TONS of them. Potential buyers still prefers to order from a sellers who's NOT got any errors in their text and descriptions.

If you provide twitter followers for instance..
    Which one of these would you prefer to buy from?

I will giV u twit follovs for $5
    I will give you twitter followers for $5

And even if the first one provided MORE followers, like this:
    I will giV u 10.000 twit follovs for $5.

And the other one:
    I will give you 5.000 twitter followers for $5

Truth to be told, I would purchase 5.000 twitter followers 10 times out of 10.

So, with that being said, think about it. It's for YOUR own success.

You know WHAT to sell, you KNOW that people WOULD be interested in buying such a service and you ALSO have a "perfect" title and description.. And what's next?

You could offer your customers a refund (explain that in the description, just to get you started). Tell your friends & family about your gig. Share your gig on your facebook wall.. There's actually thousands of way to promote your gig. And that's what you need to do. You NEED traffic to your gig. People have to SEE your gig in order to be able to purchase it. And HOW they will find YOUR specific gig in an "ocean" of several thousands, that's YOUR job. You need to make this happen.

WHEN you've got people purchasing your services, you'll get reviews. Some of the buyers doesn't leave reviews, so YOU need to make this happen.
    You have to make your clients willing to leave a postive review.. And that's ALSO something YOU have to figure out for yourself.

When you complete the order, tell your customers that the work is done and that you'll appreciate a review. Make sure that your customer DON'T leave you a negative review BEFORE you have had a chance to make him satisfied.. TELL him so when you complete the job.

"bla bla bla, I'm done with your order. Please send me a message if your NOT satisfied with my work BEFORE leaving a review, so we can work something out. Thank you."

And that's my 2 cents, for now. ;)

inyourway, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  2. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree Fiverr is a great place to make an extra income. Based on the orders that some people have pending maybe even a full time income. From my experience I pull in a few orders a day now - I have only been a member since the middle of January and have been getting steady orders since I became a Level 2 seller - which averages to a few hundred a month. In my opinion, you have to think of a gig that you can do in about five minutes or so that no one else is offering. Once you do this you may have just run into a gold mind. Currently, I have about 6 gig, however, only two of them do really well. It took me a few hours to my gig unique and make sure I had no competition but it has been worth it so far.

funmom91, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  3. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Congratulations to your success :)
    I agree on your opinion about creating a gig which only takes a couple of minutes to finish, that's what all sellers are looking for, and in my opinion, that's why most sellers fails with their business on fiverr. They just can't come up with those ideas.. And to still be able to do business, I suggest that people deliver high quality services which they've worked on for 30-60 minutes. Just to start getting orders, and after a while "decrease" the quality/time spent, on each order.. And still continue to get happy customers.
    (This will obviously vary depending on WHAT you sell.)

Best regards,
    inyourway

inyourway, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  4. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OP you forget to add that normal internet marketing strategies are also applicable to get more sales in fiverr. Social media and forum marketing yields more sales

Mr victor, Mar 20, 2013 IP
    inyourway likes this.
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    made me laugh, i logged into my fiverr account, i currently have to date over 27 orders that I have had to cancel from fiverr fuckwits who all had up to 6 months to deliver and failed. 27 x $5.

Here is my opinion on what fiverr needs to do to help both buyers and sellers. Just keep in mind that fiverr is a multi million dollar company. I remember reading recently they got several millions of dollars in funding, so no reason why that cant improve. Anyway read this:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...cro-jobbing-sites-fiverr-style-sites.2594387/

And maybe, somehow if the USERS both buyers and sellers keep at it, perhaps the people at fiverr will start to listen and then the fiverr system can be improved. I have hired people for jobs on fiverr that were 20 gigs for just one part of the project, and the rest of the project was done off of fiverr, simply as the messaging and payment methods were pathetic.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    matt_62, Mar 20, 2013 IP
    inyourway likes this.
  6. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I know that getting traffic to your gig is vital, and that's also why I said this:
    You're absolutely right in your post when you mentioned that normal marketing strategies is a "key ingredient" for getting orders.

You've got a great thread there. You mentioned things that I actually didn't even knew about, loved it! :)

Regards,
    inyourway

inyourway, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  7. Rubbish

Rubbish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I cancelled my last order on Fiverr because the seller got sick in the first two days of the project and in the third day he was without power and the last day he had an errand to do. I will never deal with Indian sellers from now on as i know they are not reliable( it's a bit harsh but it's enough to get burned only one time)

Rubbish, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  8. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I agree with you, but in fact, I've got burned several times.. My main income comes from buying services from Fiverr and that's why I always purchase services from Fiverr to find myself reliable sellers. Most of them completes the work as we agreed on, but some sellers are just to ignorante/lazy or whatever the reason might be, so they never deliver what they said they would. There's always a risk that you might end up being burned.. And that's a risk I'm willing to take, but I understand those who's not.

Regards,
    inyourway

inyourway, Mar 20, 2013 IP