1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why High Quality Content is King?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by ContentVisionz, Apr 26, 2012.

What is the internet? Basically, it’s an interconnected network of people sharing information. Therefore, by definition, its sole purpose is to distribute content. As obvious as that is, many internet marketers continue to overlook the value of quality content.I am probably a fairly typical internet user. I seek out information based on my interests and respond to the information based on what I read or watch. If I like something, I write about it and include a link to it. If I don’t like something, I move on, usually within 10 seconds.

This morning, for instance, I read something I liked. CalledThe Best Content Marketing Infographics on the Planet, it had everything I look for in content: easily absorbed yet valuable information that engages my attention from beginning to end.
    Towards the end of the graphics-rich article, the author presented some statistics that surprised me. According to research, only 40% of internet marketers believe that blogging is an effective form of content marketing and only 46% believe article marketing works.

All of my successful clients certainly believe in these marketing strategies. Why doesn’t everybody?
    It took a few minutes, but finally the penny dropped. All of my successful clients believe in blogging and article writing and are willing to pay for quality content. It’s the unsuccessful ones who have fallen by the wayside.When I was starting out as a full time writer, I was desperate and took what I could get for assignments. I was competing against writers whose second language was English and getting paid accordingly.

The work was easy, because I was asked to churn out article sets as fast as I could. By doing minimal research and using lots of fluff, I was able to finish 500 words in half an hour or less. As second rate as the work was, they kept coming back for more because I was far and away the best writer they had come across. That may sound like bragging, but it’s not. It’s like a teenager boasting that he can beat up a toddler – their writing was that bad.
    Every single one of these internet marketers has gone out of business.

These disgruntled marketers and others like them who are not seeing their desired results probably comprise the 60 and 54 percent who think blog and article marketing is ineffective.I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not content that is king:
    Quality content is King. Yes, you still need to find an audience for that content, so your other SEO strategies remain very important.

That’s why, as the article mentioned above states, “60% of B2B marketers plan on spending more on content marketing in the next 12 months” and “B2B marketers spend about 26% of their total budgets on content marketing.”

ContentVisionz, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  2. Danielle Lynn

Danielle Lynn Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this to an extent - like that churned out articles are completely worthless. But as far as 'quality content being king' - I find that even high quality content isn't always enough to grab a reader's attention these days. There's a lot of high quality articles out there - I can't read 'em all. :)

But when you combine awesome writing with a hook of some sort (humor, niche ideas, head-scratchers, huge resource articles), well... that's what really pulls readers in.

Danielle Lynn, May 1, 2012 IP
  3. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    With the unrelenting algo changes, quality content has become more crucial in any website wanting to gain top SERPs results.

Philvault, May 1, 2012 IP
  4. iiebmeducation

iiebmeducation Peon

Best Answers:
    best quality content is always good and increase ranking and indexing on Google..

iiebmeducation, May 3, 2012 IP
  5. vkonnect

vkonnect Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Besides providing quality content, you also need to add a hook up so that the reader's would be interested in reading your complete content. It is important that you should have that interesting part in your introduction section. Other than that, your title and selection of topic also matters a lot, so you need to put some extra efforts in your Title as well as Introduction section if you are really willing to have some good viewership of your work!

vkonnect, May 3, 2012 IP
  6. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically you need to add up contents which are more like reader friendly...:)

ContentVisionz, May 3, 2012 IP
  7. Jennifert

Jennifert Peon

Best Answers:
    The content gains more focus if someone tries to read it and if it do not have that quality that the reader is looking for then this all will take a single second to leave the page ,so the sole interest of the reader is to find out some interesting fact and figures that he can utilize for his purpose and gain some quality information so content should be of higher quality.

Jennifert, May 4, 2012 IP
  8. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    You're totally have a good point there...:)

ContentVisionz, May 4, 2012 IP
  9. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    I put a lot of work into using information I research offline, into my articles. If it's online, Google knows about it. It's already in Google. If I put it newly into Google my reckoning is they'll rate me more highly for it. I've only recently gotten onto this method of working seriously. I've heard very good reports of this strategy. We shall see...

axxil, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  10. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    A search engine is in the business of making money. They do this through advertising. They won't get those advertising dollars if the search results display worthless garbage. A search engine doesn't care if the content on your site discusses quantum physics or how to make an apple pie. The search engine only cares that they are displaying something of value to users. Advertisers will spend money if their target market is getting what they want. If consumers aren't getting quality search results, something of value, the amount advertisers will spend drops.

Some online businesses are beginning to get a clue. They are beginning to understand that search engines want quality content and they will reward websites that have it.

So many people spend a lot of time and money trying to get one up on the search engines. Thinking they could outsmart the search engines. Some people get away with it, but eventually they get nailed. When all they had to do was offer true value to site visitors. Part of that is displaying content that a visitor would actually want to read and can get something from it.

Too many people fell into the trap of mass producing content for linking strategies or some other sort of SEO tactic without caring so much about the quality of the content they offered. Mass producing content is short term thinking. Quality will always win over quantity in the long run.

TextServices, Mar 20, 2013 IP
    axxil likes this.
  11. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    I'll add in something else on the quality front. A lot of what appears to many eyes quality is slightly dead frankly. Sometimes more than slightly. It's produced by people with little or no interest at all in what they're writing. If there's interest, a hint of passion, that provides a spark that lifts the writing to something that totally comes alive. Something writtten for a human. That, people will like a lot or love, the sort of stuff they'll come back for more of.

Yes, let's produce stuff with that can genuinely brighten up anybody's reading.

axxil, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  12. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Content is king"
    king is king if their people is happy with him and of course if your content is able to satisfy the reader then obviously readers would like to read them......and make your content to reputed as a King.....
    if no one can read your content then it is useless so,Content alone is not a king

Thank you......

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    easycontent, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  13. tskailey

tskailey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your web content should be interesting for people to eventually find them and then share to others through various social media sites, therefore driving more traffic to your website.

tskailey, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  14. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Everyone is publishing quality content ever since Panda came out. I don't think content is king. I think it's the users because they decide whether the content is good enough or not. Content these days need to catch the users' attention. It needs to be both entertaining and informative.

Have a good day!

affilorama, Mar 21, 2013 IP