1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to attract people to my social network website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by CCubed3, Mar 13, 2013.

How can we improve and have more visiters for social networking websites? Like facebook, twitter or maybe your own website. So I came up with 2.

1. Add more language
    Most social networking websites only support 1-2 languages. If it has more languages, it can attract more for foreign people. Like google, it supports tons of different languages. Everyone in the world can use and understand it.

2. Make the website support RSS.
    Big websites like facebook and twitter have functions similar to RSS, when ever someone reply to the posts, you will get notification. If your website sends notifications, the users will keep visiting your websites.

3.Ads
    Ads are really really useful, don't refuse them if they cost money. You can put them on other big sites. When ever people visit those big sites, they can see your advertisements.

What are some other ways to attract people to visit your or my websites? Share with me!

CCubed3, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  2. esage

esage Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to optimize your Facebook page is for a local audience by making sure it is set up as a Local Business. If you haven’t created your Facebook page, make sure to create your page as a Local Business.

If you have already created it, you may be able to change the category, depending on your number of fans. To check to see what category your page is listed as, go to Admin Panel > Manage > Edit Page and then Basic Information. Here you will see a category and sub-category for your business.

Once your Facebook page is set up as a local business, be sure to enter all of your local details including your street address, local phone number, and business hours. If you don’t want to list your exact street address, you can just enter the city, state, and zip code to give users an approximation of your location.

You can make the area show your website by removing your phone number and business hours from your page’s details. You just have to decide which is more important for your visitors – seeing your phone number on your Facebook page or having the ability to click through to your website. If you do want your local business information to stay intact, you can also add a status update with a link to your Facebook page, then pin the status update to the top of the page so it shows in the top left column.
    Connecting with a Local Audience on Facebook
    • Invite Your Friends
    • Become a Fan of Local Businesses Pages
    • Target Status Updates by Location
    • Use Facebook Ads

esage, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  3. CCubed3

CCubed3 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks :) . This is very helpful. What about websites? How can I let people know and visit my sites other than using ads? (not facebook page)

CCubed3, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  4. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to be true and direct no matter how much you try you can not beat facebook,google +, the only way you can do it by making your pages public and allowing people to spam it with external links, sites like vk.com is a good example.

neeshu, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  5. esage

esage Member

Best Answers:
    To increase more visitors, focus more on local business and identify a target area, where your sales can be beneficial.Other ways are generate back link, quality offsite SEO, including guest blogging, co citations , info graphics, video optimization ,image optimization with social media.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    esage, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  6. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you to use Facebook Ads and trying to giveaway something for FREE! Though it sounds old fashioned, but it still works!

VisionzZolution, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  7. CCubed3

CCubed3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, sounds like a pro. Thanks :)!

CCubed3, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  8. esage

esage Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, we are always there to help people,working in field of SEO.

esage, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  9. CCubed3

CCubed3 Peon

Best Answers:
    So if my site gives users ability to spam and post all kinds of stuff.....my site will become popular??

CCubed3, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  10. esage

esage Member

Best Answers:
    Google will simple ban your website, that too, so badly, that it wont be seen by its domain name only.Spamming is what Google hates.For the same PANDA and PENGUIN updates are released.Hope you aware of them?

esage, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  11. CCubed3

CCubed3 Peon

Best Answers:
    thx :)

CCubed3, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  12. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hire me for 100 bucks a month. I will do everything I know to make your site popular. 24/7

walts1, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  13. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    How effective is your marketing strategy Walts! Do you have any portfolio! If you do please PM me i might be interested in your services!

VisionzZolution, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  14. CCubed3

CCubed3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the source!

CCubed3, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  15. CCubed3

CCubed3 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I advertise on other websites, What kind of websites should I choose?

CCubed3, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  16. albert desuja

albert desuja Member

Best Answers:
    Simple relevant websites
    For that you only search some ads networks and take there demo. All ads networks provide different options like specific country, specific category and also targeted user. with the help of this option you can see the your ads on relevant sites and will get the targeted users.

albert desuja, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  17. wmatla

wmatla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to see traffic increase, start using Google + more effectively

wmatla, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  18. CCubed3

CCubed3 Peon

Best Answers:
    can you suggest some websites? I got the idea.

CCubed3, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  19. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    90% of the id's on facebook are fake and secondary reason for its popularity is that users are allowed to create business pages and share links if you disable these two functionalities facebook will be same as G+ in terms of traffic.

neeshu, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  20. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

The free gift technique always work to entice people to buy or use somebody's service. I think.

Gianni Palazzo, Apr 4, 2013 IP