1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I give 3 free snipes per month for my eBay auction sniping service?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aab1, Mar 18, 2013.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea that I start giving 3 free snipes per month for users of my eBay auction sniping service in the hopes it would increase the sign up conversion rate and lead to more payments.

Would it be a good idea? If so:

-Should it be 3 total bids per month (won or not) or allow users to place bids until they've won 3 items during the month
    -Should those that pay the 1% fee on items they win also get their 3 first bids for free each month or should the 3 free bids be cancelled as soon as the user pays?

Thanks

aab1, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  2. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a tough one. You've gotta do something that your competition isn't doing though.

Most people probably don't even understand the benefits of having a sniper bidder so you could maybe provide some free video training on buying on eBay and then explain to them why it's so much easier to have a sniper bidder doing all the bidding rather than sitting up in the middle of the night placing bids.. LOL

Dennis
    The Marketing Menace

DennisKnows, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  3. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I already do offer fixed monthly/yearly rates for unlimited use which I'm not aware of competitors offering. I also have a 1% of won auctions plan similar to the competition for lower volume buyers.

Would 3 free bids per month be a good idea?

Thanks

aab1, Mar 18, 2013 IP