1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seo related question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by musichangout.com, Mar 17, 2013.

i m about to start a site which is linked to amazon ,i wonder will name of the keyword in domain will really help ?
    and what extensions boosts pr in google ?
    if .com is unavailable what should be the next choice ?

thanks in advance
    RAM

musichangout.com, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  2. cyrsss

cyrsss Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding name in domain may cause future problems (Domain infringment). .com works well idea here is that you need to put nofollow attribute on each OBL link you put .Simply do relevant link building you will soon find your domain with authority and sales.

cyrsss, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  3. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    exact match domains really helps in boosting ranking but, couple of months back google confirmed that it is going to penalize EMD's.., (EMD Update) ..,even though many websites are being ranked in top of it. so you can also give a try.

As mentioned above use no follow tag for every OBL.
    what extensions boosts pr in google ?
    there is no such rule that you will be boosted with extensions, only quality links with any extension will help in ranking / PR

sameer_max, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  4. plymouthseo

plymouthseo Member

Best Answers:
    You say you are going to start an Amazon product site, but not said how you are going to do it - maybe with Wordpress? Reason I ask the obvious, is to point out that there are many plugins you can use to optimise your on-page posts, as well as linking to Amazon products on auto-pilot. It does help to have an aged KW rich domain, for this type of site - I bought such a domain (PR3), set up WP site with relevant themes and plugins, and with no effort at all, it is now ranking #1 on Google for its targeted keyword.
    First do your keyword research, find your domain name (aged, preferably and also high PR, if available - easy to find if you have tools like PR Powershot), then build from there. Golden rule - do keyword research for low to moderate competition, before you waste time and money on high competition niches, until you have enough authority links to compete with them. You can also get free plugins to keep existing link juice flowing (having bought aged domains with backlinks) without any 404 error messages. Hope that helps.

plymouthseo, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  5. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:

This is good tutorial to a newbie, experienced as well.

Serp Creation, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  6. conversionchamp

conversionchamp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My EMD site still ranks pretty well :) If you know what you are doing, EMD is a pretty good choice.

conversionchamp, Mar 18, 2013 IP
    sameer_max likes this.
  7. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yep i m thinking to use wordpress , anyway can someone recommend any tool which helps in finding good keyword for amazon sites.

musichangout.com, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  8. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what does EMD means ?
    `

musichangout.com, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  9. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, i agree with your statement.. using EMD is a very good choice.., but need to now HOW to use it in a POSITIVE way.

EMD - is referred as Exact Match Domain. Using keyword in URL For example, if your targeting keyword is "my example site", then registering a url with - myexamplesite.com will helps you to rank in Top.

hope this clarifies your doubt.

thanks

sameer_max, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  10. plymouthseo

plymouthseo Member

Best Answers:

If you want to set up an Amazon site with Wordpress, take a look at WP Robot. Once you have researched your niche and keyword, go to Amazon and type in the first word of your keyword phrase then a space - Amazon will provide you with a list of keyword suggestions - take a screen shot to save them and then input them to WP Robot to build a professional looking site on autopilot. This "method" of finding keywords on Amazon is free but is very much hands-on to begin with and can often give you choices that "tools" you pay for, do not give you. I have a developers' licence for WP Robot - I can use it on unlimited web sites and even sell them on with the plugin installed. If you have bought an aged domain (eg Godaddy auction) that has a number of backlinks, get link juice keeper - it is a free plugin and helps keep all those old site backlinks intact. If you are looking for a paid tool for KWs, then maybe something Stealth Keyword Competition Analyser is for you, but you still have to do some work on Google Adwords first, to get the keywords to analyse. If you use Google Adwords, always check the "exact match" and uncheck the "broad match" to get more accurate results for number of searches. Test 3 or 4 keywords for SEO content on low competition pages - then you can use KWs with as low as 3000 local monthly searches (local - set to USA for largest English speaking customers with money to spend). 4 of these keywords will amount to 12k local monthly searches. Ranking for 3 or 4 keywords will also boost your authority in that niche. Hope that helps.

plymouthseo, Mar 19, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and sameer_max like this.
  11. webdesigndevelopment

webdesigndevelopment Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword in domain name does not really help that much now a days as compared to past. But sometimes you can get benefited from it.

Regarding your query of domain extension for increasing PR, I would say that domain extension doesn't have any effect on Google PR. PR is totally based on your backlinks and quality of website. So don't bother about the extension, you can choose any extension. But first choice should be .com domain as its a natural human habit to write .com after domain.

webdesigndevelopment, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  12. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:

Do competitor analysis for particular keyword for your site. Then your site will listed shortly on Search engines shortly.

karthick9, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:

And in another post you write "I have been working as a SEO for long time and found this is the very interesting work to do for clients who wants to generate awareness about their products, services, information."

I smell bullshit.

robjones, Mar 28, 2013 IP