1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cheap Outsource Developers?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by fcmisc, Mar 7, 2013.

Hello,

I read in The Four Hour Chef book that it is possible to get small software applications written in a weekend for $60 in India.

I am based in the UK, with no Indian contacts. How do I find these Indians to write my software for me?

Kind regards,

fcmisc.

fcmisc, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  2. brandama

brandama Member

Best Answers:
    Hi fcmisc,

There is not many applications you can get custom made for you for $60 in India. I think that was a bit of an exaggeration. You can get some small bits of code and scripts written for that much though. People usually get that done through freelance outsourcing websites like:
    elance.com
    freelancer.com
    odesk.com
    guru.com

If you browse the websites that I listed, you will be able to get an accurate price point of around what it costs to have things coded for you from developers in India and all over the world. If you have a specific project in mind, you can post your project up on one of those sites and you will get quotes from developers in India and other parts of the world on how much it will cost to get your project done. Hope that explanation was helpful.

Best Regards,
    Brandama

brandama, Mar 8, 2013 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  3. phweb

phweb Member

Best Answers:
    No one offers out their "guy" for fear he will become too busy!

phweb, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You've read all the reviews of that book that talk about how flawed it is? Looks like this is a prime example.

sarahk, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  5. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with brandama and would like to let you know that for sure no Indian will spend their weekend to write a code for you for just $60 but yes, based on your software requirement with a weekend time say just few minutes then you might expect your work in cheap rates.

To find Indian programmers, you can search in Google India as well apart from the Freelance websites. Rest even you can post your requirement here https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/programming.103/ by creating a thread to find an Indian developer. I'm sure once you create thread asking for Indian developers, you will find many. Hope this helps.

sigmainfo, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  6. DazzaC

DazzaC Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a lot of success with developers in India from Odesk, to be honest, they are even on here at Digitalpoint, admittedly you will get a lot of rubbish too but when you find that gem, it's worth it!

DazzaC, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  7. Nathan Malone

Nathan Malone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of developers from India here on DP. If you post in the Buy/Sell forum here, specifying that you are looking for someone from India, I'm sure you would be able to find someone.

Nathan Malone, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  8. Charles Bisaillon

Charles Bisaillon Peon

Best Answers:
    We have been in partnership with Indian developers for several years now for 3D animations and website creation. In general, the quality is really good and the price is awesome. The problem is with communication, you need to be really good at explaining your stuff by email and getting the person to grasp your concept entirely. On top of that, developers in India rarely give you "key-in-hand" solutions, rather they will work with you on the project, which means a lot of hours of work for you as well for cropping and uploading pictures, writing text, putting your ideas down on paper, etc... But really, for quality-price ratio, they are unbeatable. Lots of them are lurking on freelancer.com.

Charles Bisaillon, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  9. hexiumvii

hexiumvii Member

Best Answers:
    I have a development team from India i work with, they are amazing and only charge $10 an hour. They are less than half the price of most US devs and you get the entire team working with you. PM me I can give you some info.

hexiumvii, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  10. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, AJ Square Inc is providing the outsourced web design & development services at affordable prices.
    http://www.ajsquare.com/OtherServices/hire-programmer.php

rashida, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  11. HHGS!

HHGS! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use eLance to hire all my developers, I highly recommend Evaske.

HHGS!, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  12. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is cheap and fast work if you can find it. I still think that Fiverr is a good source for this type of work, or SEOClerks. On Fiverr, you will probably be paying Level 2 people more than 5 bucks, though. But, 60 would probably get you some good work done on Fiverr.

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  13. timircha

timircha Member

Best Answers:
    Register your self in odesk.com then post your project and you can find application received from India.

it's very cheapest service you will get. I have used this odesk.com portal very much time.

timircha, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  14. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the recommendation. I have been thinking about asking a freelance web developer to work on a new site for me. I have a WordPress one now, but it isn't exactly what I want.

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 20, 2013 IP