1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Toseeka, How they do that?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by whatismyname, Nov 30, 2006.

Have you seen it yet?

I was stumbled on a search site, toseeka dot com . It is very neat search website, it bring results from many source with a click. It look like they have enormous database which they scrape from many famous websites. Is it legal to do this?

I think the search results mainly come from yahoo but not sure what search feed they are using. I'm really want to make one, Do you know how could they do it?

Frankly, this search website is very impressive to me, I'm quite a lazy guy and don't want to go to many search engine, because I need only 1 input & click to get all infos. I've monitored it this month and look like it just start to hot, 5,000,000 visitors for this month! (If it isn't fake stat)

PS: I'm no way relate to them. In fact, I just want to know how to clone them! :p

whatismyname, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  2. vid

vid Peon

Best Answers:
    Good one I like it..:) When I was searching in the Top Searches on the first place was "American Idols" :) funny

vid, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  3. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a MFA site!!!! There's nothing good about it....

Emperor, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  4. whatismyname

whatismyname Peon

Best Answers:
    what is MFA site??? I think I would make a lot money if I could do the same, I start to used it more and more now.

Anyway, no one know how they did it? Is it some kind of top secret???

whatismyname, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  5. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Come on, if you know how to make a site then you know what MFA is:rolleyes:
    ( Made For Adsense)

Those links you see displayed is publicity and they earn money every time you click on them. :cool:

Emperor, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  6. TVCokeCan

TVCokeCan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm to me it sounds LIKE you own this site. ^You are using wording that people always use when trying to Lie. However I may be wrong! If I am not, then Just tell us, it means we can offer more tips ect.

TVCokeCan, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  7. whatismyname

whatismyname Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I see now what MFA is, after some googling. And if I own that site I won't be around here and hurt myself! I see some opportunity if I know how to sum up infos from sources (legally, and not adsense orients) such as wikipedia, wikitionary, yahoo answers, shopping.com etc... maybe I could built some thing better than that :)

Anyway, what I do know about making website is html and css (ya,I'm newbie). And planning to learn php and maybe ruby on rails.

So now share some tips please :)

whatismyname, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are using yahoo, API probably, but I thought there was a limit with that API...

JEET, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  9. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN and Yahoo don't really stop scrapers. Google is the only one who tries.

That site is decent, but I just can't get use to the messy layout. Their search results stretch my browser width bigger than my screen. It's PR 0 and it has an Alexa rank around 3,000 - must have gone viral, I think I've seen it on Stumbleupon.

PayItForward, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  10. UCmEbUtuJuStdOnTCaRE

UCmEbUtuJuStdOnTCaRE Banned

Best Answers:
    That site is fairly Good. Its just that i dont like the way they put question and Answer on the side. I notice some Posted criticism about the specific website i tried to search for. Which is not bad, i know... but its not fair to post it in SE and not fair. :D Luckily Google do not have it.:)

UCmEbUtuJuStdOnTCaRE, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  11. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR rank is updated every quarter, so a site could have all the things necessary for it to move up, but until the end of the quarter it's going to have a PR0. If your site is added to google in January, you'll have to wait until April-May, before it really gets a pagerank. At least this is from my experience with google, so the next update should be in mid or the end of December.

Slincon, Dec 2, 2006 IP