1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Thik God Is Still Alive or Already Dead ??

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by kiosukia, Feb 20, 2012.

?

God is

1. Still alive

72.2%
  2. Dead already

27.8%
  1. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do You Think God Is Still Alive or Already Dead ??

God is neither alive nor dead, but resides in the Heart of Mankind. During happy times, most of people forget his existence, but in difficult times, they remember Him.

onlypmme, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  2. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a funny question. It looks like you ask "Is sky alive or dead?" Well, how do you define God?
    What is God? Or who is he?
    As the example I gave you about sky, (although it is not a good example) , but sky or space out side us has no limit.
    God is the creator, it is not made of some physical parts.
    Being dead or alive only refers to physics. And God is Meta-physics, so the phenomenon of death does not occur to something which is not depended to physical indexes like "Time, Place, Material, ... "
    In our physical world, maybe we can compare God with Ultimate Energy, Can you see energy? Can you touch it? Can you limit energy to some specific materials? But you can FEEL the energy
    It is a proven Albter Ensitien that Energy changes from things to things from time to time but it never die.
    God is the ultimate energy, like the electricity which makes the lamps light, if the energy is cut all the lights will go dark, and we cannot discuss philosophy here. :)

Arasp, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  3. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seeing as you either "believe" in god or you don't - you can't actually answer that he/it is alive or dead as you cannot prove god is real (you cannot disprove he's not real either), you can only "believe" that he/it is alive or dead.

So the original question should be whether people "believe god is alive or dead"

As I don't believe in God / religion my answer would be.. if something so powerful was alive today it would probably look at the world as a failed experiment because lets face it.. we are f*****g just about everything up :)

J.P, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  4. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Neither, a god never existed as far as we know. Besides, there are thousands of so called "gods", can you specify which one of them you are referring to?

Wulkanen, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  5. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I remembered of the story of one of the biggest philosophers who was teaching philosophy to his students beside a pool with full of water.
    He asked the students "Can you philosophically prove there is no water in this pool?"
    All the students started to bring different complicated reasons and after one hour they managed to successfully prove there is no water in the pool.
    Then the professor asked them : "Now can you prove there is water in this pool?"
    The students laughed and they said we tried more than an hour to prove there is no water now it is impossible to prove there is water in the pool.

Their teacher said but I can prove there is water in this pool.

He sleeved up and put his hands into the water and he tried to pour water toward the students, the students all scape in order not to get wet. The philosopher said, this "feeling" that you know there is something which makes you wet, proves there is water in this pool.

Sometime some feelings come out of your heart and you dont need to prove it, but your audience may not have that feeling.

You know René Descartes , the french philosopher proved the God exists and he used his theory of Dualisim. He doubted about everything, even about himself, he asked himself, Do I really exist? Maybe I dream that I exist ! and he finnally proved that God exists.

Arasp, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  6. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We can't prove if a god does / does not exist regardless of the number of different gods we do/do not believe in.. this is why it's just a belief :)

J.P, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  7. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I mean the God who created human and other creatures, not the Gods who are created by humans.

Arasp, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  8. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of how close-minded just about everyone is.. "believing" in a god is just that, a belief - no one has ever proved whether there is / is not a god and I doubt they ever will.

People have these debates all the time and really they are quite pointless due to the fact (and I'll say it again) no-one can prove/dis-prove there is a god.. everything is a theory.

For every "there is a god because" there has been a "science proves..."

The biggest question left to answer and 'could' prove/dis-prove god is how the universe started which no one can say for sure. Big Bang theory .. well it's a theory... god created it all ... well it's a theory

René Descartes - again just a theory and a theory proves nothing hence the name 'theory'

So this could go on for ever with one person saying "yes there is a god" and another saying "no there is not a god" - as everything is a belief / theory no one is really right and no one is really wrong (unless you think the earth is only 4,000 years old then you are just a idiot)

J.P, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  9. Wulkanen

Best Answers:

The thing is that there's a difference between a scientific theory and a religious belief. A scientific theory is the highest you can achieve without making it a fact, it has been tested over and over again and still stands as one of the more possible explanations. A religious belief doesn't provide a single explanation, just faith.

I'm not saying I believe the big bang is the correct answer to how it all happend, but it was for sure examined following the scientific method.

Wulkanen, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  10. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think people believe in god because its easier to believe we were created, because we create thinks everyday, we make things from things, so people believe in a creator because its to hard for our minds to imagine that the universe is just there and has been for ever, try to imagine it with our knowledge, its hard right, now imagine ancient people, its in our nature to find the most obvious answer for un-explainable things so for ancient people the obvious answer was a creator, and there is many creators among different cultures "Please explain that" why must we believe we are a creation when a seed is formed from nothing but nutrients around it then fulls to the ground and turns in to something big and beautiful, the earth formed from what was around at the time, a whirl pool of dust rocks and whatever else (I'm not a scientist) then the main components of live were delivered to us from asteroids like water and so on, Think of the trillions of stars out there, don't think we are special, we are not I would put everything I had on the line to say there is definitely life on other planets, we are not special, we are not created, we are just here and we will probably die out like every other species if not from war then disease or starvation when we cant feed the planet any longer.

Nicholas Pope, Mar 14, 2013 IP
    Wulkanen likes this.
  11. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Philosophy is science not religion. And we are debating philosophically here.
    I agree that believing in God's existence is a belief but I do not agree that belief is a not proven theory.
    I am not in agreement that belief cannot be proven. Even if you are a materialist who does not believe in any meta-physics, as far as you are human and you have brain you can prove the existence of not-physical things.
    Can you prove mathematics by physics? Can you prove 2 + 2 = 4 ? You probably say yes, and you show me 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples and you convince me to agree there are 4 apples.

What about Gravity ? Can you prove that Gravity exists? (Gravity is somehow meta-physics like energy)
    How do you prove it ? Are you gonna release an apple from higher altitude and when it falls you claim there is something that causes apple to fall?
    What if I don't agree and say this is not the gravity of earth that pulls the apple down, it is the space that pushes it from above ! then how do you want to prove that I am wrong?

So Gravity is also a theory and not proven. How do they prove it? By the causes of that not physical thing.
    You cannot see or touch gravity, you cannot taste it, it does not have any physical characteristic to be understood by physics. But people all agree about its existence .

Proving the God Existence is similar to proving gravity, you can see or touch it by your 5 physical senses but you can fully understand it by the analyzing the causes and effects of this phenomenon by your brain.

And unlike what wulkunen says, I do not agree about religious belief of proving God existence. Religions cannot scientifically prove the God's existence, they just try to give some clue to your brain but the philosophy can do it.
    Philosophy is a science like Math, as far as you are human and you have brain you understand it perfectly there is no way to escape from it, no matter if you have any religion or not.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    Arasp, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  12. Wulkanen

Best Answers:

Already in your first sentence you stated something false. Philosophy =/= science. Science means KNOWLEDGE and can be proven. Philosophy is a speculation that does not need to have any scientific foundation.

Also, you still seem pretty confused of what a scientific theory is, because a so called god does not exist in any scientific theory that stands the many tests of science. Besides, I'm still unsure of which "god" we're talking about here since there are thousands of them.

Wulkanen, Mar 15, 2013 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  13. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I respect your opinion.
    Why do you claim we have thousands of God? Maybe because each person makes a God out of his own imagination. So My god sounds to be different of Your god. Because my imagination is different of yours.
    But the reality is something stable and not changing. The God we are talking about is the ultimate power who has created everything. But we may have different imaginations of different Gods.

About my first sentence I still believe that philosophy IS a kind of science. If we look at the definition of philosophy we will understand it better:

If you also do a little study about Philosophy of science you will note how close knowledge and wisdom are! Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_science

What I want to say is that Philosophy is too far away from religions.
    Most of the philosophers do not have that much fights or arguments with each other because they simply accept the facts by their wisdom. But in religions they rely on Myths , Beliefs, Unknowns and ...
    This is the point I want to focus on, I am not comparing philosophy with physical sciences like Physics Quantum or ... but I say Philosophy also comes out of your brain and not your heart .

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    Arasp, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  14. Wulkanen

Best Answers:

Science is knowledge, wisdom is just the application of attained knowledge (correct or incorrect), a philosophy is created by the application of attained wisdom. Philosophy =/= wisdom =/= science. You can have a philosophy about many things, but that does not make those things follow your philosophical ideas just because you think they do. That's where science comes in, it leaves little to chance and actually tests things thoroughly without personal opinions changing the results. Even if it's a test of physical or abstract things, science still uses pre-determined methods of finding out the answer.

There is christian philosophy, buddhist philosophy, hindu philosophy, islamic philosophy and much more. Now why do you say that science is more closely related to philosophy than religions? Since a philosophy is not based on something that is neccesarily true or following scientific standars it can be about almost anything.

Also, there are records of thousands of gods that humans have/are praying to. Each of them with a different name and different characteristic. That's why I asked which one we were talking about.

Anyways, I knew I shouldn't have come here to this section of the forum, it takes up too much time. I hope you'll have a great day and it was fun talking to everyone here. I hope I didn't make any enemies. See ya! =)

Wulkanen, Mar 15, 2013 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  15. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL ! This is a nature of debate you have not made any enemy, and I am happy I have found another friend here. :)

Well, I think we have a little misunderstanding for the definition of Philosophy.

I just quote it from Meriam Webster Dictionary to prove that Philosophy = Wisdom = Science
    Please note the Red words:

I think you consider only the meaning no 4.
    I think you are already convinced that Philosophy = Wisdom = kinda Science

Why we have Christian Philosophy , Islamic Philosophy and .... Because Philosophy existed from thousands of years ago (and religions existed from that time too) This is just a classification.
    The modern Science and Technology just increase in the past 200 years ago.

And why people worship different Gods? The short answer is because most people are ignorant. Some other wise people fooled them with some fabricated religions to take their faith, time, money , whatever ...

Arasp, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  16. Nucita

Nucita Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is hard to say. If we think about God as the most powerful being in the universe, who created everything, how 'we' the creation might be able to know if our creator is still there? there would be a huge difference in size at least. :confused:

Nucita, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  17. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    if you say so,.. you would not believe in god,.. btw are you indonesian..???

robyries, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  18. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you see God alive or dead? I
    I haven't seen either one or the other

, what about you?

N_F_S, May 2, 2013 IP
  19. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I look in the mirror daily.