1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the average CTR Percentage to be safe ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Eng Khattab, Mar 14, 2013.

what is the average CTR Percentage to be safe ?

Eng Khattab, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  2. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Talk used to say that anything above 10% would make your site flag up at adsense.. however, I've had a steady 10 - 20% ctr on a site and never had any issues but I do nothing dodgy. The site is good, plenty of content, unique, no dodgy backlinks etc etc etc just people visiting the site click on the ads ... a lot.

J.P, Mar 14, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. Eng Khattab

Eng Khattab Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much

Eng Khattab, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  4. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no "safe" CTR rate, some sites have higher CTR, some have lower. I had high CTR on some websites and nothing happened. Of course it is hard to expect that a website can have 90% ad CTR and to be legit, but nothing's wrong with 20% CTR.

pozer, Mar 14, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. evry1falls

evry1falls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    get good CTR by (Good traffic and Good amount of valid Clicks), it is called (Clicks Through Rate), I.e :
    1000 visitor a day + 100 clicks a day = 10% CTR "This could generate 10$ based on your CPC)
    1000 visitor a day + 10 clicks a day = 1% CTR "This could generate 100$ based on your CPC)

evry1falls, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with J.P and pozer. Don't worry about CTR, but your site's quality and your own activities when promoting it. I have one site where I almost always get 15% CTR. No problems ever.

Forget about the myths and focus on your audience, deliver a site they want.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    ryan_uk, Mar 14, 2013 IP
    pozer likes this.
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    CTR is not the matter, the higher CTR, the better earning. The problem is the quality of the click

lifeplayer, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  8. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your CTR will really depend on the your traffic and your audience. I have two websites one gets CTR 10-20% the other one gets low single digits, same ad type, unique quality content on both just different audiences, so I wouldn't worry about the CTR as long as your not doing anything shady, you'll be fine. However I would be on the lookout for sudden spikes in hits, for example if your CTR is 10-20% but jumps to 25% that's something you want to explore.

soniqhost.com, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  9. RoguePyro

RoguePyro Active Member

Best Answers:

Exactly. If you have quality content, you're a great money maker for any ad network. They will praise you, not punish you.

RoguePyro, Mar 17, 2013 IP