1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Could I Improve My Blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 0mgJohn, Mar 13, 2013.

Hey guys, I'm just looking for tips on how to improve my blog. These can be both graphics wise as well as anything from domain names to advertising to SEO.

Thanks!

http://johnhasarrived.blogspot.co.uk/

0mgJohn, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  2. Japemonster

Japemonster Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, dude. There are a lot of information here, just try to use this forum

Japemonster, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  3. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First thing is on domain, better change your domain! buy domain .com and make sure to relate it on what your blog content is all about.

coolrohit222002, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  4. Santacruz

Santacruz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree on investment of the domain name. If you serious about making money online so you should get a .com domain name and you have freedom to do anything you want.

Santacruz, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  5. noodlemanc

noodlemanc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Get a custom domain - That'll help a lot!

noodlemanc, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  6. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take a good course
    on how to blog better.
    regards

vna1611, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  7. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    John! It looks like you're new to blogging and that's fine and since you asked for them here are some tips on getting your blog going like a champ.

1. Blog more often an consistently! Pick any interval you want, every day, twice a day, twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday, but whatever you do keep it up and make it so your readers will anticipate your writing.
    2. Focus your blog on something. When I read your blog's description I couldn't clearly tell if I should read it or not. Weed out anyone from reading your blog so they know without a doubt that your blog is for them or it's not. Your tag line should be, something short and sweet like "I blog about twitter" etc.
    3. While twitter restricts you to 140 characters your blog posts can be infinite, make something long and in depth. Here's an example of an in depth blog post and the best advice I've ever read about blogging from Steve Pavlina "How to make money from your blog".
    4. Read Seth Godin's Blog everyday and watch and read anything that he does and learn from the master. One of the best things you can do is use the search feature on his blog and search for your keyword and you'll find tons of advice that goes way back to 2003 since he's been blogging since then. If you haven't herd of him that's ok but he has over 13 best sellers.
    5. I'll have to politely disagree with everyone on buying a domain name, don't do it. Buy your domain name when you make enough money from it and it can pay for itself. By doing this you'll be motivated to write words that will drive traffic to your blog and deliver value to your readers.
    6. Read the hell out of these forums, there are some gems in it but you've got to do some searching and reading.

ArchAxis, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  8. norprowebstore

norprowebstore Member

Best Answers:
    You should change your theme as per your latest content and try to update it regularly.

norprowebstore, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  9. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get a domain and some hosting. Then go to Wordpress and start blogging there. You can leave this information on blogspot if you want and create back links to your site.

Some of these free platforms can be shut down from time to time. If you are going to take the time to create content you want to know that will be there in the long term.

bettaone, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  10. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. It's not clear from the subtitle what your blog is actually about. I'd recommend changing this unless it's strictly a personal blog. The subtitle should at least hint at what exactly your blog will be about.
    2. Add in categories. This is a great way to show what your blog is about, especially if you post on a wider array of topics--although I recommend keeping it more limited, especially in the beginning.
    3. If you ever want to monetize your blog, an opt-in list either above the fold, or as a pop-up.

Important note about the pop-up: opt-in pop-ups have a much, much higher conversion rate if you set it to pop up on the 2nd page. This is because they've had a chance to read your content and have built up trust and a rapport with you.

I also don't necessarily agree that you should post more often. It's not about how often you post, it's about how much you post. You could post 3 small 500 word posts a week about getting twitter followers or you could post 1 big 1,500 word article in that same amount of time. Even if the content is exactly the same, the 1,500 has more content and assuming it's of at least a medium quality, it will have a higher possibility of being shared & passed around. :)

Sharpay, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  11. sylar666

sylar666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think blogspot is a great way to start blogging since google own it they rank really well
    if well optimised,link it up with a youtube channel for extra juice all the best

sylar666, Mar 14, 2013 IP