1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many points out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management, and why?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by malcsimm, Feb 21, 2013.

?

How many point out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management, and why?

1. 1

6.7%
  2. 2

6.7%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

16.7%
  5. 5

6.7%
  6. 6

13.3%
  7. 7

6.7%
  8. 8

13.3%
  9. 9

13.3%
  10. 10

16.7%
  1. L3G10N

L3G10N Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, take a look at the many abandoned blogs and websites littered across the net. I am talking about some that have halfway decent ideas, but couldn't find out how to get to the next level. Even some have great concepts, but obviously lack poor planning on the business end. Oh yeah, the economy is bad and there is a shortage of work, but I have noticed in my hometown there is a shortage of workers who are willing to do physical labor. That is work...That is where I got my generalization about people being lazy.

To me 110% is OK. That is why the schedules are necessary for me, as I get better in some areas I can adjust, and add my workload in other areas. This also helps me figure out when it is time to scale a business concept. I mean I do not run 24/7, but there are long hours spent for sure. It was hard at first, but now I tend to focus my energy on businesses that I enjoy marketing and its less of a job.

Glad to hear that you never feel lazy, lol I feel lazy all the time your lucky.. I make sure to take my breaks when I have my freedom, thats what I am doing here! :)

L3G10N, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  2. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds to me as if you are pretty good at managing yourself. You have found ways to keep yourself focused, such as concentrating on work which you enjoy. To me, that's what working for yourself is all about! LOL

And yeah - a lot of people do expect results for little input. Some are lazy: and others just have unrealistic expectations.

That's why 50% of people are said to never even look at/listen to internet marketing products they buy. And in my experience that figure is about right. One guy testing this out was selling a DVD programme. He sent out a bunch of blank DVDs just to test how many people didn't complain.

Doh!!

And as for being unrealistic - one guy on my list told me he wanted me to help him to be successful in IM quickly - because he hated being on his computer.

Haha! I told him: ""Wrong job"!

:)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    malcsimm, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  3. L3G10N

L3G10N Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He definitely needs to find different work. This job requires dedication and hard work and little income is achieved if not planned and executed properly. I think there are a lot of people who think that think of IM as a kick back type job, when it is just like every other business. You have to plan and put in the time to see any benefits whatsoever.

Good on you for shedding the light! There are many people who would just try to sell him a proven get rich tomorrow strategy.

L3G10N, Mar 13, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  4. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice reading!
    I can't say I know how I would rate myself.. I live, breathe, eat, work, sleep and spending time with both my friends and my girlfriend.. A couple of days ago, I needed more than 24 hours a day to complete all the things that had to be done and that's why I couldn't sleep for more than 4 or 5 hours a night, most of the time I didn't sleep for more than 3 or 4 hours since I had to finish several things I didn't had the chance to do before I went to bed.. This has been going on since the middle of last year, until now, but with that being said, it was my own decision.

I've struggled hard and put in tremendous effort, but I've done it. The day before yesterday I stopped.. Not stopped, but since then I can spend my time more the way I want it.. And that's why I made that decision last year. I knew how those decisions I took would affect my life, and I went for it.

If I had to rate myself a couple of months back, I would say 1..? :p
    And I can't rate myself today, since I've just started to live my life again :D

Best regards,
    inyourway

inyourway, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  5. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Wow - what a reply!

It sounds like you have REALLY gone for it, but now you have reassessed and realised you need to slow down and take a more balanced view.

That is fantastic. I think you are heading for a high mark out of ten! Life is, indeed, about satisfaction :)

Many people leave little enough time for self-reflection and review of their behaviour and how happy they are with it.

So you did good! LOL

It is so important to review how you are getting on regularly. At least monthly: if not weekly (only need to be quick, if weekly). That is how we improve.

Good luck to you. Come back in a week or two and say how pleased you are out of ten ;)

And "keep on reviewing" - that's powerful.

inyourway likes this.
  6. Ashley Miller

Ashley Miller Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd give myself a 7. I manage my time reasonably well and often have time left over where I finish things too quickly, but there again, sometimes I slightly underestimate how long a task will take and find myself needing to find an hour out of thin air! lol

Ashley Miller, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  7. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Hey Ashley - 7 is pretty good. Do you ever have the wish to push that to an "8"? LOL

8. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Thank you for your great reply!
    I realised that even before I took that decision, but I kept my eye towards the goal and I ended up with great results. Now when I'm finally finished with that part I'm up for even more opportunities but this time I'll take it slow :D

Best Regards,
    inyourway

inyourway, Mar 13, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  9. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was give 8 point to myself for the time management, because time is master of the world. Today's whole world fully depends upon the time, so i think that i am very loyal to time.I am walking always ahead of time.

My Property Stores, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  10. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    So what is your number one tip for time management? 8 out of 10 is a pretty high score: so you must have some tips to share.

What is the best thing anyone reading this thread could do to get their time management up a notch?

(Mine would be.... let me think... I think I'd say: "The regular review". Reviewing how well you are managing your time, thinking of new ideas to try, and planning how to implement them. This is something which many people don't give enough time to. Do it once a week and some weeks it only need take 10-15 minutes - for a fantastic return, measured over the months. Make it a habit!)

Your idea? Thanks

Malc :)

malcsimm, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    considering that i am replying to this thread, and how much time I spend reading on forums, im rating myself at 1.

matt_62, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  12. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    Time management plays an important role in my life.I always walk one step ahead of time.For example normally i divide my schedule om hourly basis, for that proper planning is most important. there are so many ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively.

My Property Stores, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  13. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Well, maybe you get 3 out of 10 now for being self aware! Now you just limit the time you spend on forums. Especially as you don't seem to have a sig (don't have a clue what: "epic signature goes here" in your sig means - I'm too much of a newbie here!)

So you could keep posting in forums, but just get a page that sells something and put a link in your sig.

It's funny, in fact, that on another thread people are screaming about how hard it is to get 3 likes so they can (among other things) have a sig. You've got 15 likes and no sig. haha!

So, maybe get a sig and then you needn't feel so guilty being in forums. AND you get 3 -4 -5 -6?? out of 10 then for time management :)

Malc

malcsimm, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  14. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Will you be more specific?

How do you track your one hour slots?
    When do you plan them?
    Do you have a feedback process to review how you are doing with time management?
    Do you have a method for managing multiple projects?

Your input would be welcomed if sharing will help everyone :)

Malc

15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    haha :)

Only thing I will say is that my time management did improve significantly after I stopped using skype on a regular basis. Seems when I use skype I dont lose 1 or 2 hours, i seem to lose entire weeks.

matt_62, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  16. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    I think the thing is not: "How long you use Skype/Facebook/Twitter etc" for, it's "WHAT do you use it for?"

If it's idle gossip (God forbid), then you need to have a limit. Set a stopwatch if you must.

But if you are marketing on FB etc then it could a good use of time. For example, I belong to a few FB marketers' groups and the networking on those is powerful. I have over 300 IM "friends". And I spend 90% of my time on FB on business networking.

And only 10% putting up pictures of kittens and puppies ;-)

So it depends what you use these services for :)

Malc

17. sweeper240

sweeper240 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    10. Time managed.

sweeper240, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  18. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Haha - kinda skimpy message!

Glad to hear you give yourself 10: but any tips for those here who have trouble managing their time?

Thanks

Malc :)

malcsimm, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  19. sweeper240

sweeper240 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Because I am no
    Because I am now responding to your post I have to revert to a scoring of 9
    First - auto filter any and all emails, block anything that isn't important and send it to email purgatory (on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, check purgatory, and be a redeemer when necessary, I use boxbe)

Second - prioritize your week prior to the start of your work day, sequence should be based upon ease of completion and or time necessary to complete. Schedule around lunch and keep lunch as a hard stop.

Third - work mercilessly towards achieving priority goals in sequence

sweeper240, Mar 17, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  20. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Nice message! :)

Three good tips - many thanks.

1. Email - a big time-sucker. I agree with your approach there.

Anyone who has not got their email in check you might like to look at this post:
    http://heymalc.com/avoid-email-bloat-save-30-minutes-day

2. Prioritise most important tasks daily before starting work.

Very cool - and I like it that you schedule in a "hard lunch". So you can chill out: and get back to work refreshed.

3. "Work mercilessly towards achieving priority goals in sequence". Wow! Who can say it better!

And the whole thing gets a Like from me :)

Thanks for this great expansion of your initial post.

Best, Malc

malcsimm, Mar 17, 2013 IP