1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please suggest few online frugal marketing technique

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by samdar, Mar 12, 2013.

Hi there,

I am about to launch two online sites and looking to market in unique ways. However I dont have that much of a budget. Can you please suggest few frugal online methods?

samdar, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  2. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Few frugal online marketing methods that really work are facebook, twitter, article marketing, etc.
    Tell me a bit more about one or both the sites so I can give you some more advice.

wonay, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  3. mekap04

mekap04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like doing things without spending a lot of money. When it comes to free or low cost marketing, I'd recommend:

Free (Time consuming)
    Commenting on relevant blogs
    Posting on relevant forums
    Creating videos and posting them YouTube (Videos can be made for free using a standard video recorder or smartphone, Windows Live Movie Maker, and also screen capture software like Camstudio)
    Submitting articles to article directories
    Creating content on Web 2.0 sites like blogger, gather, squidoo, hubpages, etc.
    Answering questions on answer sites like Yahoo Answers
    Publishing guest articles on high traffic blogs in your niche
    Contributing to online communities that has an audience related to what you are marketing
    Building a following on Twitter and other social media sites
    Submitting your site or articles on popular social bookmarking sites

Cheap
    Buying banner ads on blogs (Avoid third party media buying sites to save money and try to contact blog owners in your niche and ask if you could pay for a banner ad placement)

Take advantage of marketing gigs on Fiverr

mekap04, Mar 12, 2013 IP
    samdar likes this.
  4. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if the methods you said are frugal. For instance, Facebook advertising can eat your cost away with no good results.

One site is a technology blog and the other one is a product site intended to sell digital products.

samdar, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  5. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This
    This is awesome. Thanks for all these useful tips.

samdar, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  6. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the best ways to get tons of traffic for free is by sharing quality articles, videos, and pictures on Facebook and inserting a link to your digital products site on the bottom of each wall post. Has worked for me very well. Give it a shot and you will know how easy it can be to get people coming to your website this way. An example of this method can be seen on DP as well. You write a good post, and people click on your signature links to visit your websites. And you make money through those links even though they are not related directly to your post. It works!

wonay, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  7. sameerbhide

sameerbhide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am in the favor of sharing quality article and with that guest posting can also done for that.

sameerbhide, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  8. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your looking to these great things, but just keep in mind to be so "spammy". Esp when doing any form of "guest posting".

James Byun, Mar 12, 2013 IP