1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Website Flippa seller investigation

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by ian_marshall, Mar 12, 2013.

https://flippa.com/2897967-ebook-online-dating-website-fully-automated-523-in-february-3822views

My questions are?
    1. How did he manage to get over 3000 views in month? He says he pays a freelancer $90 a month. Where do I find these freelancers?

2. If he is really making over $500 a month, why is he selling it for less than $500?

3. I checked on Alexa.com, he only gained traffic at the end of Feb until beginning of March. How did the traffic slow down or just disappear? Rank on Alexa 558,657
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/datingalltime.com#

4. Is there anywhere to see if this is not a scam? The traffic stats are correct, I don't believe his proof of payments. Anybody can fake that. Besides that his websites does not look that great either.

None of this adds up or makes any sense. When you check his profile he sold quite a bit of these one page websites. Some he sold for over $700. On all his websites the traffic stats are similar.

My main is question how does he manage to get a lot of traffic in such short time? All of a sudden it goes away into thin air.

ian_marshall, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  2. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ever heard of buying legitimate website traffic on Fiverr or in the traffic buying section on this forum??

Nobody in their right mind would sell a website that makes $500 a month for the same price unless they have had a strong medication for something weird or trying to scam someone.

wonay, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  3. ian_marshall

ian_marshall Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have but those traffic aren't from real people. And if they are, which particular service/company/person would you recommend?

4. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few guys here who sell traffic which is legitimate (recorded by GAnalytics).
    BuxP is one of them. Take a look yourself and decide....
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/traffic.99/?order=view_count

Please note that the sellers who sell these 1 page websites sell it within 3 months of it being registered or re-registered so that their tricks are not detected. And, they are pretty smart to work every little thing out in advance. It is always best to do the right thing and bargain for the website if you really, really want it. If they don't sell it for half the price quoted (or even lesser) then simply walk away. These guys usually get back to you.

wonay, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  5. ian_marshall

ian_marshall Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will check him out. What are their 3 tricks?

6. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Convincing sales copy, testimonials, stats proofs, sales proofs, etc.
    2. Sell as a team, buy as a team, and nobody really finds out till they create a new team.
    3. Everything tells you (the buyer) that you are getting a deal for a steal, and easy money coming in for years and years. This is never the case but the experienced scammers on Flippa send you some sales at the start or buy something from you to convince you that the website is legitimate.
    4. Their support and after-sales services are fantastic. You can never get yourself to believe that you were fooled. At least not until you bought at least 5 websites from these cheats.

wonay, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  7. ian_marshall

ian_marshall Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I wasn't looking to buy any websites off Flippa.com because from the start I could see there was already something fishy going on.

I can do the website myself. Can include sales letter, some copyrighting etc. Sell a plr book. But I'm not sure if the website will convert.

In the past have you made any sales/income by buying traffic?

8. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will convert if it is something that there is a market for. Giving away something free in exchange for an email subscription seems to work at most times. I am sure you will figure it out since you seem to have a curious nature.

I have tried quite a few traffic sellers but they have not converted into a single sale.
    Looks good on the stats page but doesn't really fatten my wallet.
    I got a lot of traffic on one of my websites from adfly this past month but they would just stay a few seconds and then leave the site.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    wonay, Mar 12, 2013 IP