1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

divs or tables

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by genik, Mar 10, 2013.

The save for web command produces graphics in tables, correct? And if sois it true that one very important issue regarding tables compared to divs -without being 100% certain- is that Google is not fond of sites that use tables, it preferes divs? How will i put my graphics in divs when i slice my site and use the save for web command?

genik, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  2. Alex Jons

Alex Jons Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Div Base website not much more loading time use. Also google find this it.

Alex Jons, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  3. Amiga500

Amiga500 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google Will Find And Crawl <table> Based Website Just As Fine As A <div> Based Site. That Being Said I Think You Should Go With The <div> Option, Not Because <table> Belongs To The 80's But Since It Is More Cross-Compatible With Browsers And (I Think) Might Be A Bit Faster Loading-wise.

Amiga500, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. TestingWhiz1

TestingWhiz1 Member

Best Answers:
    Of course use of div tag is quite easier and relaible than using table. Table generally increases the complexity of documents and makes it more complex to maintain. Generally table is only used for listing tabular data and not for optimizing the web structure.

TestingWhiz1, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  5. Deceth

Deceth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tables are meant to be used to display tabular data. Divs represent a "division" or a section of the page, so anything having to do with layout of the website must be inside divs. Yes, a table will work, but it is incorrect use of the HTML element.

Screen readers for the visually impaired will be useless on your website if you use tables for layouts.

Mobile devices will have difficulty displaying your website if you use tables.

Don't use tables unless you are displaying DATA. If you wouldn't put it in an Excel spreadsheet, then don't put it in a table on your website.

Deceth, Mar 12, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am not sure about Google, but tables can be a pain in the a*s. You can do a whole lot more with divs.

qwikad.com, Mar 12, 2013 IP