1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use reddit?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by AndyLaw, Mar 11, 2013.

Hi, does anyone has experience with reddit? As I am was wondering what would be a good way to work with it and get more visitors from this source. As any post I make there usually dies with several likes/comments only.

AndyLaw, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Just like with any other social media sites, unless it's something sensational / entertaining / funny / mindless, etc. it's not going to stay up for too long. C'est la vie, we want to be entertained.

qwikad.com, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  3. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    tac88, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. agrius

agrius Member

Best Answers:
    If you can find the perfect subreddit for it, it's easier to gain a little traction sometimes. Search for your niche, and see what subrebbits exist, and keep in mind the users of reddit are very savvy, and will not react well to anyone who's blatantly trying to promo their own stuff. Be smart about it. Browse the site, see what works for other people, but don't use it as a blatant promotional tool or they'll eat you up and spit you out.

agrius, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  5. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to have good content that will be delivered in a timely manner. Viral marketing phenomenon that occurs on such social networks is unpredictable and we don't have effect on the outcome on its performance. Try to put on quality and you may eventually get attention of audience.

prawyyy, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  6. Deceth

Deceth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good day sir.

If you'd like some advice on conquering Reddit, might I suggest reading my detailed plan on how to conquer reddit:

http://deceth.com/plan-to-conquer-reddit-or-at-least-steal-the-alien/

While I might discuss certain shenanigans such as stealing the reddit alien, the fundamental principles are the same. Start up by building a presence/community on reddit. The best way to do this is to become moderator of your own subreddit. (This is free, anyone can do this!).

Once you have you own subreddit, post quality content and keep it interesting. Post comments on your content. Don't only post links to your site, try to post links to others and only occassionally put in your own links.

It won't happen over-night, but eventually, if you can interest enough people to subscribe to your subreddit, you'll start seeing lots of traffic sent to your content.

If you read my article, you'll see that the subreddit I created now has 78 subscribers. This is VERY SMALL still, it takes a while. Yet, even with this small amount, reddit sends 50-100 visitors to my site each month.

If you don't spam your group, you can build up a nice community and with these relationships build up a very steady source of traffic.

Deceth, Mar 11, 2013 IP
    MinimalBlog likes this.
  7. JPMotley

JPMotley Peon

Best Answers:
    We've been working with Reddit at the office these past couple of weeks as well.

I've been posting and contributing as just a normal user to help build my "Karma" to gain trust, and also because there is a ton of cool stuff always floating around.

We have been having an issue though where new topics are not showing up after we post. It's very odd. Mainly the issue occurs in the /r/giveaways sub-reddit.

JPMotley, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  8. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:
    The majority of my views have been from Reddit, but I'll be honest - it's not all that great. Generally traffic from Reddit is poor quality; people won't stay long and you can bet that they won't convert.

It's quite unpredictable but it's got a lot to do with your title. People won't visit your link if you don't have an eye-catching title. Make sure your content is good or expect to be downvoted into oblivion. I've had blog posts stay at the top of 50k subs for days, it brings in a load of traffic.

Sometimes smaller subs can be just as good, you may be able to stay at the top for weeks, but you won't get as much 'burst' traffic.

MinimalBlog, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  9. Japemonster

Japemonster Member

Best Answers:
    few days ago i got 2500000 visitors from reddit in 1 day. It's easy to use when you have unique content. because as you know a lot of content are from reddit. and very often you you can't even find it here. There are some rule. For example you can't post only your links. It's first step to be banned. You can't post in one subreddit all the time - it's second step to be banned. Try to be active user, try to comment posts. It's easy and don't need a lot of time. In average I get 5000-10000 people when I post something on reddit. but I have good akk. Try to use stumbleupon as well. stumbleupon gives me 2000-3000 vievs in average and in pair with reddit I have a lot of traffic. But it's bad traffic btw. because people usual watch only 1-2 pages

Japemonster, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  10. mkhmarketing

mkhmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Reddit hates me! But it's totally my own fault because I dove right in and posted links to my blog and got a whipping in the process. I knew the site could drive traffic because I've had some random photos from my Flickr account referenced by Redditors in their posts and suddenly hundreds of views occur unexpectedly on my account. It's been the main driver of traffic to a blog I'm writing for a social media assignment as a grad school project, but not without major karma negativity and down voting in the process. When my class finishes I'm actually determined to spend some time in subreddits that I enjoy, build some solid karma and get a better feel for the site overall. If you jump in cold you will get burned!

mkhmarketing, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  11. leadingcoders

leadingcoders Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice info!

leadingcoders, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  12. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hello,

To get links from Reddit,you should post article,blog links published for your website with attentive title,that will get more attention.

eric_wahlberg, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  13. webgeek23

webgeek23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Reddit is very useful to get good traffic to your site and also PR 8 backlink.

webgeek23, Mar 12, 2013 IP