1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference betweet site indexing and site crawling

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cedricmarkwatson, Mar 11, 2013.

Hi Friends,
    I have some problem for understanding between site indexing and site crawling. I searched many time in Google but I didn't find valuable answer for my question. I hope you all will make me understand this different.

Cedricmarkwatson, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  2. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    web crawler is an internet bot that systematically browse the world wide web typically for the purpose of web indexing

afoley77, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  3. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    Site Crawling -In simple terms "Reading your website referred as site crawling"
    Site Indexing- Displaying your website in search results for the respected query
    Search Engine bots regularly checks (CRAWL) your website for a fresh content and decides to index it or not for the searched query.

hope this clarified your doubt.

sameer_max, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Website crawling is where Google looks at your site and takes the data from it.
    Website indexing is where Google incorporates that information into it's database so it then appears in the search results.

kingsweb, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  5. icecube media

icecube media Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Site crawling means read your website and find the relevant from site and Site indexing means to display your website in search engine.

icecube media, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  6. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After crawling data from your site, indexing starts..

First - crawling
    Second - indexing

alex06295, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  7. Venus Jaiswal

Venus Jaiswal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Site Crawling means when our website is first launched over the internet then the search engine Bots crawl it, i.e. they visit the page and search for meta tags and keywords and then they index those website pages. Indexing means in a huge database they keep records of those website pages.

Venus Jaiswal, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  8. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi friend both are different way site crawling means when ever you update a new content or images any other also details so search engine crawl you websites that call i site crawling and indexing means you websites data is updating in Search engine when ever you search....

SASA Techno, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  9. ufukyildizi38

ufukyildizi38 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is big problem really :(

ufukyildizi38, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  10. shere0901

shere0901 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Site indexing means that your site index on google, yahoo and bing etc , so that if your site search on google, yahoo or bing then those site display your site including your idexing page. Site indexing is a easy matter, you do it nicely if you have some knowledge about it. If you don't know any technique just try it on google webmaster tools. You must have a google account for use google webmaster tools. Other indexing is yahoo indexing. Just search you "yahoo site explorer" then you can yahoo site submitted option just follow their instruction and complete indexing step by step. If you want to promote your site with full SEO and want to know more about site crawling, just visit this site www.best-seo-expert.com . Hope that you will get reliable help from this site which I know and justify.

shere0901, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  11. adilenkim12

adilenkim12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Indexing is one time activity and caching in the repetitive activity...

Hope you understood.

adilenkim12, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  12. Manu_Techno

Manu_Techno Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both are part of a process actually.
    Your site gets indexed only when it is crawled by google bots.
    I mean you will drink a juice when you prepare it
    So preparing is crawling and drinking is indexing
    When you copy one line or any phrase from your site and search it on google and if you site appears showing that particular line on google that means it is indexed
    if its indexed the line or phrase you are searching for on google will be in blog and dark black color in description. :cool:

Manu_Techno, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  13. Manu_Techno

Manu_Techno Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what i said above is totally when content is crawled and indexed.
    Site's index status you can see in webmaster tools or buy typing "site:yoursite .com" without quotes on google, the number of pages show by searching this on Google is the number of pages indexed of that site.

Manu_Techno, Mar 11, 2013 IP