1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are You Making Good Money on Fiverr?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mukaki, Mar 7, 2013.

I've always wanted to use Fiverr as a way to make some money but everything seems to be covered on there.

Anyone here joined Fiverr over the last few months and making some decent side income?

Mukaki, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  2. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's still money to be made on there but you really have to think outside the box and do something unique. Think about how videos go viral. Some people buy views of course (shameless plug)...

but the dumbest stuff goes viral. If you can step outside the box and do something stupid that gets in high demand, you'll blow up on fiverr.

Best wishes
    Dennis "the marketing menace"

DennisKnows, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  3. Mukaki

Mukaki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's where I get stuck!

Mukaki, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  4. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Check out the Fiverr jobs and see which ones are getting a lot of queued up requests. It may give you an idea of the types of jobs ppl are willing to shell out 5 bucks for.

gotlivechat, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  5. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I joined Fiverr in August of 2012 and I stayed there for about 3 months. I got a gig order after a month and I held the client for the longest period of time (got repeats for more than 5 times of the 10 gig orders that I received in all).

But in September or October of 2012, I got about 3 orders at a time. My PC gave up and long story short, I was flooded with negative feedback, low ratings and whatnot. So I deleted the gig and I plan to delete the account too.

But I did figure out a few things. If you are just starting out on Fiverr (I'm sure you are), do these:

1. Create similar gigs: Sadly, I realized this a little too late. Say I had a gig that said "I will write a 500 word blog post for $5". Create gigs like "I will write 2 150-word blog posts for $5", "I will write 3 100-word blog posts for $5", etc. I know, writing that much can take a lot of effort and for me, it is impossible. But that was just to give you an idea.
    2. Create a Facebook Page: There will come a time when things will get overwhelming. You might be ill, out on a vacation or something but might end up getting orders. Create a Facebook fan page to outsource the work for a slightly smaller price (depends on you :)).
    3. Move up the ranks: I'm sure you know about Fiverr Levels. The higher up the order you are, the better it gets.
    4. Word your Gig Title Well: I have seen some sellers trying to be creative and word their titles in a way that honestly, I couldn't understand. Clearly word it. Try to explain as much of your gig in the Title itself as you can.
    5. Lastly, Communicate Well: I don't think this has to be said. I communicated in a friendly manner with all my clients (don't go overboard and try to be cheesy, just nice) and had more than one repeat buyer.

boyuancy, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  6. seogawd

seogawd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd stay away from fiverr at all costs - there are plenty of other $5 sites that treat their users much better and fairer,...

The main problem they have is seller admin/mods which is like letting the fox guard the hen house so to speak. Unless you do something real unique that they can't copy you can bet a few things will happen to you.

1. They (the seller mods and admins) will buy from you using a fleet of fake usernames and destroy your rep - they will absolutely just wear your butt out with the bad buyer thing which will either make you walk away or start cancelling orders thus allowing you to kill your own rep.

2. They will then put up the same gig up themselves and feature it and rate it with the same fake buyers.

Now, if you know someone on the inside, your good cause they will hand pick you and give you featured and boost your ratings and give you top seller (even if you have never sold a dimes worth).

3. It takes way too long to get your money out for your hard work.

90% of the featured gigs there are by the mod/admins - they all sell under numerous fake names and they really are not in the business of good business or seeing you succeed IMHO.

4. Their terms of use or (seller rules) are so vague that no matter what you do - you WILL be in subjective violation of them on any given Sunday.

You can take my advice to the bank or take a differing opinion back to the laundry mat. The only defense of fiverr you will find here will be either their own mods and admins or the blind.
    If you have a unique product or service, they really have done nothing to earn your professionalism or patronage I assure you.

seogawd, Mar 8, 2013 IP