1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Re-assess Your Values

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MinimalBlog, Mar 8, 2013.

So the other day I posted a unique post, very long and informative, about blog commenting. It was helpful content, unlike half the useless stuff that gets posted on this forum daily.

I included a link to a free product on my blog at the bottom, I can understand why this was wrong. But taking the post down? Well. Surely you could have just let me know, or even edited it yourself.

By trying to give to the community, I get penalized. My suggestion is to look into things a bit further instead of taking things at face value.

Regards,
    Sam

MinimalBlog, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just imagine how much time it would take the mods to edit every post that broke the rules..there wouldn't be enough hours in the day to get through them all....so much quicker to hit the delete button...

malky66, Mar 8, 2013 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No idea what your post was about but do people really need help writing a comment? I mean if I was reading a blog post and want to comment on it, I type what I want to say and hit submit. Is there more to it?

But either way, if *part* of your post is spammish, there is an extremely high probability the entire post will be deleted. We don't rewrite users posts for them.

digitalpoint, Mar 8, 2013 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  4. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:

There's a lot more to it in terms of marketing your blog, if you actually want people to visit your site, etc.

That makes sense though, thanks for that. Would you mind if I posted it 'without' the link to my blog at the end?

5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Errr.... you want people to spam your blog with dumb comments and have them as your visitors? To be totally honest, it seems like a bad business model.

6. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:

What? No. I'm probably not explaining myself properly. I did in the actual thread.

Basically writing blog comments in a NON-spammy way, to get clicks through to your blog. I wrote about a number of things such as: Complimenting the writer, referring to yourself (and blog in some occasions), leaving calls to action, etc.

Basically leaving intriguing comments that will cause other readers to check you out. Before you say, 'That's just common sense', I think there's a lot of members on this forum that could benefit from it.

Not trying to attack you, just trying to make a case.

7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    {shrug} Leaving comments on other people's blog with the intent to drive traffic to your blog just sounds like spam to me (regardless of what the comment actually was).

ryan_uk likes this.
  8. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really not sure if you're serious. Blog commenting has always been referred to as a way to gain traffic and build a readership. I actually wrote in the thread about making useful comments, asking questions for the writer; being genuinely interested. For that reason I recommended only commenting on related blogs on articles that actually appeal to you.

9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well yeah... I'm sure you can get some traffic that way... just doesn't seem like you could ever get that much though (plus it's spam). It doesn't matter how many blogs you comment spam, I just don't see you being able to do any sort of high volume traffic from that... like are you ever going to get 1,000,000 visitors/day from that? I doubt it... Plus it's just spam (oh yeah, I said that.. hah)

Ultimately you would be relying on getting probably one in 10,000 people who read the blog post to actually read the comments and click whatever link you dropped.

10. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, I'm not even going to bother wasting my time. 'Shawn Hogan Fan Club', what a joke (if it was supposed be a joke then it's a pretty poor attempt at humor). Enough of the personal attacks though.

Why would I need 1mil visitors a day? I don't, also - I don't focus on one traffic source, I was merely making a guide for one source of traffic, which works well (from what I've seen).

Hey man, you must be right though. You do run this site after all.

Peace.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Has nothing to do with me being right or wrong... only that *I* don't see the logic in it. I also don't see the logic in most things people do, so... {shrug}

MinimalBlog likes this.