1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I decide to stop supporting and/or refund a bad user?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aab1, Mar 8, 2013.

I have a user that bought a product (computer software) from me in 2004, a few days ago he started saying he's having a problem but he explains the problem very vaguely in a way that can't be understood, and he can't even tell me what product he's using.

Even though I replied in under 24 hours to all questions, he now said he reported me to eBay because it's unacceptable that the unknown problem with the unknown product isn't resolved after 4 days.

I think that's as absurd as if he bought something at an electronic store and then goes back to the store 9 years later and says "I bought something here 9 years ago, I don't remember what it was but it doesn't work anymore, so I'm calling the police".

I find this quite unbelievable especially since the sale was 9 years ago. Firstly will eBay even care about this considering I have 100% positive feedback? Secondly I hate dealing with people like this, can I simply decide to stop supporting him or is that illegal because the product ad said the product offers lifetime support? What if I also find and refund his original purchase, then can I stop supporting him?

Thanks

aab1, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  2. seogawd

seogawd Active Member

Best Answers:
    9 years???? what the heck man! I think my next reply to him would be something like "go away, you should be thankful that I sold you the only software on earth that worked good for 9 years". "Congratulations"

I doubt ebay will stand behind him unless you sold it with a lifetime warranty or something

seogawd, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  3. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ebay still give the right for the users to give feedback not matter how longs ago. People who look on the review will interpret themselves about it .
    With the terms that you write for the lifetime support then they have the right get back to you anytime after they purchase with you .
    You can refund him and stop supporting him if he agree with you .

JerrickYeoh, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    He ended up figuring out the issue, resolving it and apologizing.

Thanks

aab1, Mar 12, 2013 IP