1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is spam?any one help me!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mohammad Asif Ali Zaman, Mar 8, 2013.

?

Are you ?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
    what is spam ???any one help me .
    is spam is pasting the links of other URL on the sites ...???

Depends on which sites you are posting the links and what the links are.
    Spam can be found all over the place. FaceBook, Twitter, mobile, game networks, IM clients,... Spam is basically unsolicited messages. (the link)

Spam comes in many forms:
    Example #1
    Forum spam - Let's say a conversation is started on a forum about Audi's 2014 car. You join the thread and make a completely random post about XYZ host, with a link to that host.
    Your post and link would be considered spam because it is completely irrelevant to what is being discussed. Unwanted. Unsolicited.

Another form of forum spam is where you make a post advertising a site, service, or product in an area of the forum where such posts are not allowed.

Signature whoring can be viewed as spam by some forum moderators and admins. It's where a person posts in nearly every thread or posts in random threads with the sole intent on having their signature seen.

Example #2
    Blog comment spam - Let's say you stumbled across a blog post about the New York Yankees baseball team. In the comments section, you make a post advertising your SEO eBook and a link to download the eBook. Your comment and link would be considered spam. You aren't commenting on the article. You're just simply link dropping.

Another form of comment spam is to comment with "I agree." or something generic like that followed by a link to a site, service, or product. No elaboration on the blog post, the topic being discussed. The post was simply made to drop your link.

Example #3
    Email spam - Sending emails advertising a site, service, or product to a list of people who did not request the information or agree to receive emails from you. Unsolicited advertising.

What is not considered spam or is a generally accepted practice:
    Forum posting - Let's say there is a thread where the original poster asked for recommendations as to where to host their website. You join the discussion and say, "I recommend this host" with a link to the host. (The original poster could be asking for recommendations or resources for any number of products or services.) This type of link dropping would not be considered spam because the original poster asked for recommendations for a particular product, service, or resource.

You write an informative post, something that benefits readers, adds value to the forum that includes a URL. The post was made in the correct area of the forum. (READ THE RULES OF THE FORUM) Some forums will allow this and other forums will delete your post for spam. Some may even go as far as issuing a temporary or permanent ban.

Blog comment - You read a post on a blog. Your comment was actually discussing the article, letting the author know you actually read the post and have something genuine to say about the post/topic being discussed. After you have ended your comment, you include a link to site, resource, or product. (Every blog owner is different. Some people will let the comment active and others will delete your comment.)

Email - You send emails to a targeted list of people that have agreed to receive your emails.

TextServices, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Lets add some spam definitions for this forum
    • You start a thread with on-topic information but only give the intro paragraph and give a link to the full article
    • Your start a thread with and on-topic article but it's a cut and paste from another site - this isn't an article directory - if it's not your work then don't post it.
    Quick question - what is your poll meant to be asking?

sarahk, Mar 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

I sometimes wonder if some of these idiot level questions are just a way of getting free content (for their blog, or a client or something else)? It's even easier than searching for the right text, just post a barely legible question in a forum and wait for someone kind enough to write a decent answer.

Anyway spammer OP, this is what true spam is:

[​IMG]

ryan_uk, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  5. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 4.27.06 PM.png

A meaningless, useless poll such as this probably qualifies as spam. It serves zero purpose and does not even fit with this thread, which itself is barely a notch above spam.

browntwn, Mar 12, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  6. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The posts you are making here, are good example of spam!

seo_buzz, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  7. Alex Jonson

Alex Jonson Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm....just like junk food,which can effect the health of any one same as with spam, it will surely effect your site, site rank, content in google's eye....

Alex Jonson, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  8. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depend on the forum rules. You should only post relevant links in your forum post and don't keep posting links in every post or the moderator will consider it spam. What is the poll Are you? for?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Zirkon Kalti, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  9. browntwn

Best Answers:

You seem to enjoy posting for the sake of posting. There are many threads you can participate on, there are many threads already with the answers to your questions, but you keep posting new threads, with meaningless polls. These are all spam.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/what-is-copywriting-legal-ilegal.2643245/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/xml-and-rss-with-php.2643243/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/can-you-think-google-beat-the-facebook.2642909/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/which-one-is-the-best-dmoz-yd-gd.2642218/

Hopefully they get deleted by the moderators since they serve no purpose and add nothing to the forum. You really should slow down and just post on existing threads. I find nearly every post you have made on DP to be spammy.

browntwn, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I just posted on his thread on Copywriting forum. I made a comment about plagiarism. But after reading the above comments had to agree about his threads being spammy, and have since deleted my post.:confused:

Spoiltdiva, Mar 13, 2013 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  11. browntwn

Best Answers:

That is what annoys me about it. People take the time to post serious answers to him, but he is just off posting useless crap all over. So people with better things to do waste their time thinking they are maybe helping someone - but he is just posting junk just to post. These are the type of posts that filled DP when people were just trying to get their 25 posts before the like system. I think DP will see this for what it is and delete all of it. I know I report this stuff when I see it.

browntwn, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the spamjit ("spamming eejit") doesn't realise it's the 3 likes system now? Similar to those morons who still believe DP signatures are "dofollow" and "visible to Google". :rolleyes:

ryan_uk, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  13. James Alferd

James Alferd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    DP is the place where people offer the quality services share information regarding to web-design, SEO and other stuff and due to the spam DP have to take the action and change the criteria like need 3 likes and much more and I see that a lot of spam is kicked out by the new mods.

James Alferd, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm..Banned, I think the OP now has the answer to his question.....:)

malky66, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  15. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    Spamming is the sending of an unsolicited email or saying things irrelevant to the topic.

lesa mitchell, Mar 13, 2013 IP