1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penguin Update Theory

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MibuKotarou, Mar 7, 2013.

Hello DP,

I have a theory, unfortunately I do not have the domains to test out my theory. The idea is simple, and it should work well.

I am looking for a webmaster that has a site that has been hit with the Penguin update, who also has a site that has not been hit or the ability to make a new site easily.

If you would like to work this theory out or hear about it more please PM me.

Regards,
    MibuKotarou

MibuKotarou, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  2. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What's your theory. It's easy to recover from penguin. Just diversify your anchor-text backlink profile with web 2.0 & high pr, and your back in the game.

What's there left to figure out? lol

coloma21, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what theory you have but so far, what has worked for my site was a strong social media presence. Google will rank your pages better if your pages are liked and shared on social media sites.

Have a good day!

affilorama, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  4. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but I don't think it is easy to recover from penguin. Clearing backlinks is always a difficult task for all webmasters. And one of the survey on seoroundtable shows so many SEOs can't recovered fully from penguin.

kingsweb, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  5. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Look man.. alot of rankings that are hit with penguin is because of over-optimization... Just fix your link profile by diversifying it again, so that your main keyword doesn't take the bulk of the keywords. I've been able to revive mine that way easily.

If all else fails... delete the page, and build a new one for the same keyword. I do it all the time.

coloma21, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  6. MibuKotarou

MibuKotarou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well my theory is basic, Penguin only updates so infrequently. The links and the penalty are to the site. If you were to theoretically 301 the old site to a new site you should be able to re-create the rankings of the original site prior to the update. Again this would only work as long as updates stay so completely infrequently. This is why I want to test it. The theoretical is there.

MibuKotarou, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  7. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IF that did work, it would also be important to do what coloma21 mentioned, and FIX what broke things in the first place ;) So, diversify the backlink sources, and definitely the anchor text usage too.

Otherwise once Google Penguin re-crawls, the new domain will be attributed the poor quality backlink profile of the new domain, and get hit by Penguin ;)

Plus, although Penguin is a periodic update, consider the fact that Google Panda just went from a periodic update to a part of the regular (constant) algorithm... How long until they are happy with their adjustments to the Penguin update, and add that as part of their regular algorithm too???

mikeid22, Apr 15, 2013 IP