1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate content from php code?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by amedhussaini, Dec 1, 2006.

Does GoogleBot claim sites are duplicate content if code used to run the PHP of a website is very similar to other sites?

More specifically, if I utilize a turn-key type script as my homepage, though i completely redesign every page (location of variables.. i mean a COMPLETE redesign).. if googlebot crawls my php file, which hasn't changed much, is it duplicate content?

sy

amedhussaini, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  2. Mike Seiler

Mike Seiler Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't see your PHP code--just the output. So, if you have a page that simply says "Hello" on it, Google wouldn't know if it was because your code said echo 'Hello'; or print 'H' . 'e' . 'l' . 'l' . 'o'; -- or anything else that does the same exact thing.

On the other hand, if your code is spitting out identical templates for many sites, that could be detected... if that matters to you.

Mike Seiler, Dec 1, 2006 IP
    KC TAN likes this.
  3. nicuz

nicuz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, just worry about the content and not the coding.

nicuz, Dec 1, 2006 IP
    KC TAN likes this.
  4. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not look into the PHP codes like what mike and nicuz have mentioned. A lot of forums are using PHPBB as forum templates but they are viewed as different entity as a whole.

Content is the key here :)

KC TAN, Dec 2, 2006 IP