1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My SEO strategy that has been working...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MikeWike, Mar 4, 2013.

Hello folks,

I thought that I would share a SEO strategy of mine that works pretty well in terms of ranking sites. I see many people saying that "ooh, my site is penalized by Google", "how to get top rankings :S", "is XRUMER still working?" etc.. So to begin with, I will point out the mistakes that most of the ppl do while doing SEO to their sites.

Mistakes

1) Using only social bookmarks aka. spamming their sites with low quality bookmarks.

Social bookmarks are only great when you are trying to get direct visits from high quality social bookmarks sites such as reddit. And then again, your website must be providing something great in order to get attention. So if you are building sites to make money online, then most likely it will not work. However, handful of social bookmarks will help you to get your site indexed.

2) Spamming blog comments

Blog comments are ONLY good if you are trying to build high PageRank to your site. In terms of ranking and so, they might work at first, but after that your site will be vanished. So it's not a long term strategy.

3) Forum profiles and signatures

These are not REAL links.

4) 4% keyword density, keyword in your meta tag, description, title.

No...It's not like that anymore. Try to avoid that stuff.

5) Article spinning and article submission
    Well, most of the article directories are spammed to death. In other words, they will more "hurt" your website rather than help you.

6) Anchor text is the KEY

Unfortunately it's not.. Of course, don't make backlinks with all the same anchor, but those % of this and % of that won't work as well.

What is REALLY working
    I'm not saying that this strategy is still working in 2014 or 2015, but I will say that it works today and it works pretty well...

1) Find a niche and find high PR aged domain/website. PR3 and above would be a great start to you. Of course, figure out what are the backlinks pointing to this site. If it only has blog comments and forum profile, forget it... Make sure that those backlinks come from legit places. Simply browse some of the links and eventually You will see what kind of links are built on this site. High PR contextual links are the best while the opposite is forum signature links. Much likely high quality PR3 will be worth $200 or more. If you have more money, go with the PR5. Check the domain authority and backlinks from Open Site Explorer – It should be around 40 – 70 (the more, the better!)

If you don't have money at all, start with a fresh domain. Don't go with keyword1-keyword2.com, simply choose something generic (dietblog.com or gamingsite.net) and follow the next steps.

2) Make high quality articles

What I mean by high quality is that they don't have to be some kind of linkbait, but they have to be written by native speaker. If you are not native speaker (like me), then use proofreading or outsource your article from people that write unique content with no grammatical mistakes. Otherwise you site will get slapped by Panda sooner or later. Forget about the keyword density. If your keyword is in the title and mentioned couple of times inside the article then it's good to go...

3) Backlinks and ranking your site

Here is my common strategy that I use.

A) Handful of manual social bookmarks to get your site ranked. 5-10 bookmarks should be enough to get your site indexed by Google under 24hours.

B) If you want, you can make couple of article backlinks as well (Ezine,Hubpages, Squidoo). I usually don't bother with that since most of the article directories are dead, but if you want you can use them. Only top 5 or so..

C) Guest blogging. In order to find those niche related blogs where You can add Your post, You can either use Guest blogging: Looking for guest bloggers or guest post? Join MyBlogGuest! or use the following search terms:

“Your niche” + “guest post”
    “Your niche” + “write for us”
    “Your niche” + “submit post”

Make sure that those blogs where You are going to leave a post are not spammed and the PR is at least 2. It’s even better when it’s not a very popular blog so the post will stick on the first page for some time…

D) Asking links. Many people do not use this very simple backlinking method. It’s one of the
    oldest and one of the easiest way to build high PR relevant backlinks. In this case us Google. As an example, my keyword will be software. This should be Your Google search query:

• intitle:"software" inurl:"links"
    • intitle:"software" inurl:"links.html"
    • intitle:"software" inurl:"links.htm"
    • intitle:"software" inurl:"links.php"

Simply switch the keyword (software) to Your own keyword. Many blog owners don't know a shit about IM and they will add your site (if your site is legit). Ask as much as you can, send out e-mails and so. Remember, those links are MUCH MUCH MUCH more worth than any other links you might get from different services.

E) Another method that I want to share with You has helped me to get 20 high PR contextual backlinks over the last week from relevant sites. It's a pretty old strategy if not the oldest one, but it still works. I'm not saying You should do this every day, but it's a really great alternative for other stuff.

1) Find out the top sites for Your keywords in Google search. It's great when they
    are OLD and with many backlinks (such as: Wikihow, Ehow, Wikipedia etc). The most important thing is to find relevant sites that people link naturally.

2) Now go to ahrefs.com (alternatively You can use open site explorer) and copy Your competitors URL to the field (URL not the domain name).

3) Now search for articles that have high PR and a contextual backlink to Your competitors site. Most likely they have no connection with Your competitor’s site and they have linked it naturally. PS: This won't work in every niche, but if Your site is somewhat informational then You WILL find those articles.

4) Contact the webmaster. Most of the sites have a contact form, but if they don't, You will find the e-mail under "About me" or something similar.

5) Write a friendly email to the webmasters. You can write something similar to this:

Hello,
    My name is “John” and I'm from Yourdomain.com. I just wanted to say that I found Your blog post: [enter URL here] very useful . However I'm suggesting You to change the link from competitorsite.com to Yoursite.com since the competitorsite.com has some outdated/misleading information. I have put a lot of effort in Yourdomain.com and I'm really trying to help people with my site.

Regards,
    Your name (owner of Yourdomain.com)

6) Save the URL to Your notepad. Now give webmasters some time to consider it and make changes. After 7 days look up all the URL’s You have saved. If Your site is decent and gives good information about the blog post, You will be amazed how many PERMANENT high PR contextual backlinks You will get…
    For example, I sent out 100 e-mails and 20 of them changed/added the link to their blog post. That's about 20% which is pretty good, uh.. If the webmasters haven't answered, re-send the mail. If still not any answer, then forget it and move on..

F) Rent backlinks. If You already know what “renting high PR links” means, You know what I’m talking about. If not, then in short it means that You pay an amount of money to someone who will put Your link to their highPR homepage and keep it there for some period of time (usually 1 month). If You find a decent person who provides that service, then sometimes 10-15 high PR links can do wonders. However, make sure that those links are in the same niche as Your website, otherwise it will look kind of weird to Google.

You can also skip this part if You feel that You don’t need those kind of backlinks. I usually choose to rent highPR links if my site is in “Make money online” niche, since people don’t usually give links to those sites so You have to rent them.

G) Use/Make your own private network. Use sites that you don't use anymore. They might not be ranking in google, but they might have high PR. PR2 and above is more than great. If you have those sites available, put them on seperate hosts and use private registering. Another way is to start buying expired domains and or websites. This is pretty easy, all you need is some money and common sense. Simply search for "How to make high pr private network" or "How to find high PR sites" or "How to find high PR expired domains".

That's all.. As you can see, all of the links that I'm building are REAL. Some of them come from different blog owners, some of them come from private networks and some of them come from my own websites. It's easy, simply forget about one-click-seo and do something long-term. Eventually, you will see that your sites will start ranking and you are starting to generate $$$...

I really hope that this thread helped someone to get back on track [​IMG]

MikeWike, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  2. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY.
    great post.
    "Asking links" Can you explain the methodology of this part in detail.
    Let say using these queries I find out the sites than what to do next?
    Is this some sort of broken link building?

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  3. MikeWike

MikeWike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well you can try this: Simply send a friendly e-mail that your site is "amazing" and I would like to have a link to your site if possible. Another way is to find out those "broken links" and say that "Hey, I saw that you have some broken links on links.html page, would you mind changing the xxsdasd.com to mysite.com

MikeWike, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  4. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank You MikeWike . Such a great post.

kingsweb, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  5. alakh.007

alakh.007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Useful information...thanks.

alakh.007, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  6. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mile thanks for clarification and you have explained the broken links methodology in perfect way.

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  7. diwaligifts

diwaligifts Peon

Best Answers:
    Really this is the awesome post.

diwaligifts, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  8. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I knew something already but got something latest as well :)

OSSEO, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  9. computerguy555

computerguy555 Member

Best Answers:
    you just have to be sensible about SEO - everything counts, but is it natural? is this how your bigger competitor would be on first page of Google/Yahoo/Bing?

you have to think from Google or search engines point of view, and if you think through it, you will make the best decisions.

Anchors from only one keywords thousands of times is going to look very stupid because Google can see other similar sites have only a few hundred, and you have too many to seem natural.

computerguy555, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  10. davehermansen

davehermansen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, if the backlink is easy to get, it is worth very little. I like guest blogging, link outreach (asking for links) and another one you did not discuss - broken link building, which is finding broken links that were supposed to point to other websites on high authority related sites in your niche and asking the website owner if he would like to point the link at a page on your site that offers the same thing as the broken link did.

davehermansen, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  11. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great post, i think now a days, if anyone really wants to dominate search engines.. As you mentioned, they should eventually build their own mini PR Networks. That's actually what I plan to do within time, and just keep it inhouse to my close friends/clients.

coloma21, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  12. jaismeen

jaismeen Member

Best Answers:
    This is great post thanks for sharing with us main achievement is that if someone dominate you you can build your mini PR. I think that's really very good for internet marketing.

jaismeen, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  13. sham2

sham2 Member

Best Answers:
    Such a nice post ....Thanks

sham2, Mar 6, 2013 IP