1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business or Job

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rgblogs, Mar 1, 2013.

Hey guys,

What do you suggest I have started earning some money from my website (about 20% of my full-time job salary)

Should I resign and focus on website and convert to business? Or continue with job.

rgblogs, Mar 1, 2013 IP
    James Byun likes this.
  2. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do a time management, where you can properly devote your time to your home based projects without effecting your JOB.

You can outsource the promotional parts to some agency.

ebiztrendz.com, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  3. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't quit your job. If you fail in business with websites,you stay without everything. So do your job and try to find some time for business and develop it. When you think you are ready to do just websites you can quit your job.

BusinessMaker, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I know it's hard to keep a job and run an online business successfully at the same time. Been there, done that. I used to, during my lunch breaks at work, check my online business stats, do promotions, take care of questions, etc. etc. Eventually, it became a hassle for me.

If I were you I'd walk on the side of caution. 20% isn't much. If you can continue to grow it and it becomes half or more of what you're making at work AND it continues to grow, then I'd say: Go for it!

qwikad.com, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  5. Deirdre A. Samonte

Deirdre A. Samonte Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest, file a leave of absence for a week, focus on your site. if it promises big bucks on that one whole week, check if u can go part time on ur day job. do the half-half. half on business, half on job. if the business promises security, leave ur job. otherwise, dont make any hasty decisions.

Deirdre A. Samonte, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  6. Joss Board

Joss Board Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes you can start focusing on the websites and can slowly start with your own company...Good Luck

Joss Board, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  7. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do not leave your job any time soon.. simple as that.

Earning money online, unless done right, is a slippy slope and one day you could be earning 1,000 + a month but the next day that could drop to nothing. This has happened to 'loads' of people.

It's already been said that you need to be diverse in how you earn. So earning from Adsense + affiliate + subscriptions (or something similar) + other sources should be achieved first before you consider leaving a secure job.

Also I would not leave until you are earning at least what you do in a full time job, if you can get to that stage then just think what you could do working on them full time. You need to remember if you need Google SERPS (so adsense earnings based on being #1 for a given keyword) you can loose that over night on a SERPS change/update and you can say goodbye to most of those earnings.

be sensible, keep working on the sites, build up various income streams then consider leaving your job when you are earning similar to a full time job.

J.P, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  8. vishawnath

vishawnath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As top answer you have to make time management with this because in starting you must have to do with company work because with this you will get a sureness about your career and when you make sure then you can left..

vishawnath, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  9. aamir.alvi3

aamir.alvi3 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't quit your job until you are convinced that your website can now offer you sustenance, or better yet manage the job until your website business starts earning more than your salary. Good Luck

aamir.alvi3, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  10. 3mints.info

3mints.info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think you can earn much better than your job?

3mints.info, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  11. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't resign yet... If you're job is not that bad, wait until you're making 100% or more of your full income and have some set aside. That's the perfect way to do which never really happens.. LOL..

Now what most entrepreneurs do (what I did) was start slacking at work cuz S**t, I'm making money while I sleep. LOL..

But I got fired and went full time.

My advise to you is you don't wanna get in a situation where you're online income is your only source of income and you have to pay bills with it in the beginning. You want to reinvest that money back into your business.

Do your best to avoid that and you'll be ok.. Wish you the best

DennisKnows, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  12. jgsketch

jgsketch Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to diversify first. Make sure you got income coming in in different ways. That way, if you site fails, you have something else to fall back on. I would also suggest what someone else here mentioned, take some time off work and put 100% into your business and see what kind of results you get. Study your competition and keep making your business different.

I personally would not quit my job. However, there's an older school of thought where if you have a great idea, you take the risk and go with it. Especially if you are young. Many successful people have done this, but even more have failed.

Whatever you do, make sure you have a backup plan in case you fail. You should be prepared.

jgsketch, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  13. Japemonster

Japemonster Member

Best Answers:
    I have full-time job and my own projects. But it's not the best way. Because I must focus on my own projects to get great results.

Japemonster, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  14. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Working in a job you gain security. Some people need it. If you can take a chance and create your own business then do it. Some people are able to connect one with the other. If you target your business you will have to do it for a long time during the day without any time limit.

prawyyy, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  15. mediaestate

mediaestate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think buisness in best.... Now a days Real Estate is booming all over the world. Property rates are at the maximum hike and as per present condition it is for sure the it will become double and triple in next 2-3 years.
    So investment in the area that have cheap property rates presently will be benificial for the future. Example for this in Bhiwadi. There are several New Projects in Bhiwadi at affordable cost that i found suitable for starting the real estate buisness with less money.

mediaestate, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  16. ynmrav28

ynmrav28 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your financial position is bad it is better to continue job and business as well.But if your financial position is good then go for business,plan new things and try to scale it up .

ynmrav28, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  17. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to calculate how much time you spend on your website in order to earn the 20% of your salary.
    And let said if you convert it to full time, how much you will earn ?
    For me , i will go with what i interested to do because I can do it better and spend more time on it .

JerrickYeoh, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  18. rishabhsachan

rishabhsachan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    business is best bcoz in business we can handle by own ideas but in job we depends upon the others

rishabhsachan, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  19. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    First decide what exactly do you want?

If you want to do business,you have to take risk, resign from your job, hire someone, rent a place and start your own company.

Initially, it would be tough and also you have to work really hard, if you are looking for success in business.

Just decide what exactly are you looking for?

eric_wahlberg, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  20. adisolutions

adisolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    take some money from the site and reinvest in the site. hire a VA (virtual assistant) and take the site to the next level. you won't have to spent a ton of money on VA and if you find the right one, he/she can really make a big difference and work for you while you are still at your full time job.

good luck

adisolutions, Mar 15, 2013 IP