1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is meta property="og:image" content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James chartler, Mar 4, 2013.

Few hours before i edited one article is wikihow by replacing already existing image by my own image, after submitting that article i checked the page source of that article and my image is displaying in this format "<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.wikihow.com/images/a/ae/Black-shoes-mensusa.jpg"/>". i don't know what is the meaning of meta property="og:image" content? but my image is not displaying in the front end of the article. Please tell your answers.. meta-property-og-image.png

James chartler, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  2. zebrathemes

zebrathemes Active Member

Best Answers:
    This Meta tags tells wikihow, what images, texts, and more to use when sharing your webpage.
    and the image meta tags directs wikihow to use the specified image when the page is shared.

zebrathemes, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  3. gaush007

gaush007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    og: are the meta tags which refer to "Open Graph" defined by Facebook. These meta tags are used by modern websites to define their presence on facebook. Open graph tags help to pull your defined picture when a user or you are trying to share a link on facebook timeline.

Open graph helps the webmaster to define the information which should be seen by the users on the facebook while they are viewing your image or other information on the timeline. Search for the facebook open graph meta tags on google.

gaush007, Mar 5, 2013 IP