1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reverse Engineering SERPs for SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Andrew Futcher, Mar 4, 2013.

A customer gave me an interesting perspective the other day:- She said that in fact Qubot “reverse engineers” the search results to determine what needs to be done to compete in the SERP rankings.
    It is an interesting topic because isn’t all SEO just looking at what Google really wants; and then trying to give it just that? (coloma21 said something similar the other day)

So I thought I would examine this topic a little further:
    It is not so much that we reverse engineer the search results themselves, after all they are but a ‘snippet’ of information, what you have to do is look at the actual landing page content to see why Google chooses to rank each page where it does. And this is where I believe Qubot sets itself apart from other SEO Tools. By scanning the landing pages and seeding the information from those pages by its rank, Qubot finds words, ‘groups of words’ and topics that are missing from any webpage when compared to the search keywords targeted.
    It is simple and effective; I proved it just the other day in another thread, by adding the keyword QA (Quality Assurance) to my site, my ranking went from page 5 to page 1 in Australia for “keyword relevancy”, and my site has only 200 words on it, compared to over 1000 words (on average) on the competing websites.

You must be wondering if it was SO simple, why doesn’t everyone do it?
    The truth is because analysing so not just each word written on the site, but each sentence separately from even 10 landing pages (never mind 100 landing page) and cross referencing all those tens of thousands of words which words actually requires a huge amount of processing power! (just look at the hardware maintained by Google who index millions of pages per day) So Qubot does all the hard work for you, provides the ALL important relevant keywords and shows you how to use Google to see for yourself that you are doing the right thing when adding/removing content on your site.

I have just recently launched Qubot Express which allows you to analyse any website you want for any keywords you want FREE! You can give it a try here!

Andrew Futcher, Mar 4, 2013 IP
    coloma21 likes this.
  2. DIA_8497

DIA_8497 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice one... but it's showing all long tail keywords... i don't know why, but i didn't find the keywords suitable for my site... n i think this place is not for promoting anything... there is specified category for it, rest depends on the moderators.

DIA_8497, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  3. Andrew Futcher

Andrew Futcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember that Google identifies every single word written on any webpage it indexes. That in-itself is the very definition of the word 'indexing'...

Ever since Panda and Penguin; if you write poor quality content and start veering off topic on your site, you page gets nowhere in the rankings. The vice verse applies; If you write highly relevant words on your site your ranking climbs! You cant say 'nothing' on your site, so you must say something? The trick is what do you say and how do you know if its relevant or not?

So ask yourself this, given that content is so important these days; is there really such a thing as a long tail keyword anymore? This is the conundrum Qubot answers...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    Andrew Futcher, Mar 4, 2013 IP