1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference between 32-bit & 64-bit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SEO Link Manager, Mar 4, 2013.

What are the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit?

Can anybody explain me?

SEO Link Manager, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  2. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    J.P, Mar 4, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and GMF like this.
  3. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system. The main differences between the 32-bit versions of Windows Vista and the 64-bit versions of Windows Vista relate to memory accessibility, memory management, and enhanced security features.
    You may visit microsoft official site. I have seen it there and pick it for you

Afrasiab, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  4. reban

reban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    32-bit and 64-bit tells about the processor of your computer. It is the term related to the hardware. You can see that in a 32-bit version you can use maximum up to 4GB of RAM whereas this section is much powerful in 64 bit...

reban, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  5. madiha junaid

madiha junaid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    64 bit is much much faster than 32 bit because it can handle more programs with fewer to no programs crashing, etc... makes everything much better, easier to handle' and more stable.

madiha junaid, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The difference between 64 and 32 bit is... 32 bits! Funnily enough.

But really, as J.P mention; you would get real answers quickly by searching.

ryan_uk, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  7. techwizardsolutions

techwizardsolutions Member

Best Answers:
    To put it in a nontechnical way. If you are putting together a simple product. If you word steadily lets say you get 10 of these products completed an hour. If you add a second person with two hands that works at your exact pace then you will be able to get 20 done an hour because you have twice the capacity to produce.

That is pretty much like the difference between a 32 bit system and a 64 bit system to put it in simplest form. It can do twice as much in the same amount of time.

techwizardsolutions, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  8. SEO Link Manager

SEO Link Manager Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to everybody...really helpful

SEO Link Manager, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  9. sas_man

sas_man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LOL, this would be perfect for the OP. i saw this last week and its fantastic...
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+difference+between+32-bit+and+64-bit

sas_man, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  10. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess we don't need this forum than since everything can be Googled... Come on now...

indyonline, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  11. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ actually for about 95% of the stupid, pointless, retarded, duplicate questions asked on these and other forums .. no we don't need this forum nor the hundreds of other webmaster forums .. quick search in google and you would find the answers already out there whether on normal sites or on forums.

If people want an answer to something that is as old as the hills they should learn to search online rather than post pointless crap to bump up post counts. If they wanted to really ask questions then something current would be a place to start.

My random thought of the day.. now back to the real world I go!

J.P, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  12. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    good idea because you definitely are not in it now...

indyonline, Mar 24, 2013 IP
    J.P likes this.
  13. techwizardsolutions

techwizardsolutions Member

Best Answers:
    No offense intended to anyone, I do see a lot of these posts all over the internet to be honest. I become disheartened to by honest every time I see them. The truth is yes, you can do a properly worded search in the right search engine and come up with almost every answer to every question you could have in a relatively short amount of time.

The first thing we should ask ourselves, how did that information become so readily available? Not by a single person asking a question and then everyone else finding the answer to that question but by questions being asked multiple times in multiple places so that it actually does show up prominently in the search engine under various phrased searches.

Second thing to ask ourselves, is every single situation the same, does one or even three answers fit all? While this is not always the case sometimes the most basic answers do not address the real problems, be it an HTML/CSS problem, Programming Problem, or Computer problem. There are always unseen, unknown, and often misbehaving variables that can make each situation unique, not to mention many of the advancements we have experienced in the past years are due to questions that do not fit the typical answers, or a desire to address a frequently asked question or situation.

Third thing to ask ourselves is that while one of the principle techniques I use in order to teach people is to guide them to research on their own I still lend them answers or further guidance when they fail to come up with the proper answers on their own. I also hold the ideology the only stupid question is the one not asked. Many times my first answer is a question "Have you looked it up?" but like I said, be it assistance with the proper way to word a search phrase, or which of the hundreds of thousands of answers is the best fit I lend continued support as we should always be prompted to do, even if that support is suggesting a search phrase and linking to the best search engine to use.

Like I said, no offense to anyone and if I did offend, please except my apologies. But no one knows everything, and we can't all see the trees for the forest so sometimes questions that we ask may not be the quality or as unique as usual, sometimes situations prompt us for the faster easier way. Other times may have us finding the answer and sharing it. Most definitely regardless of a person's knowledge level of a subject we often forget or due to life in general over look things and the addition of different perspectives, old and fresh ideas alike make us all better for the experience. And remember, the moment we think we know it all we can no longer learn.

techwizardsolutions, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  14. friendsfocus

friendsfocus Member

Best Answers:
    Hello.
    The terms
    32-bit
    and
    64-bit
    refer
    to the way a computer's processor (also called a
    CPU
    ), handles information.
    The 64-bit version of
    Windows
    handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system

friendsfocus, Apr 1, 2013 IP