1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Robot.txt

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Isha Kohli, Mar 1, 2013.

i want to know robot.txt file create... suppose i want to use robot txt file on that page www.example.com/lol so what will be code that page ???

Isha Kohli, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  2. Ellys Kho

Ellys Kho Guest

Best Answers:
    Log in to your Cpanel Account . Upload robots.txt files to your public_html .

Ellys Kho, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  3. karthikmllore

karthikmllore Active Member

Best Answers:
    robots.txt is a file for robots or bots..... it tells them what to crawl and what not to... if you don't have a robots.txt file then the search engine robots crawl all your pages and it might cause issues if same content is found on different urls... say, for example, www.example.com/jokes/lol and www.example.com/humour/lol have same content..then bots take it as content duplication...

you can even block your contact-us page, disclaimer page etc by using robots.txt file... Blocking in the sense, blocking from robots (computers) and not from real living people...! ;)

if I'm not wrong, you asked how to code a robots.txt... well, take a look at robots.txt of other sites... like www.anysite.com/robots.txt.. it should be moderately self-explanatory...

karthikmllore, Mar 2, 2013 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  4. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Robots.txt is a text file you keep on your site to tell search Engine robots which pages you would like them not to visit. Robots.txt is by no means mandatory for search engines but generally search engines obey what they are asked not to do. It is important to clarify that robots.txt is not a way from preventing search engines from crawling your site (i.e. it is not a firewall, or a kind of password protection) and the fact that you put a robots.txt file is something like putting a note “Please, do not enter” on an unlocked door – e.g. you cannot prevent thieves from coming in but the good guys will not open to door and enter. That is why we say that if you have really sen sitive data, it is too naïve to rely on robots.txt to protect it from being indexed and displayed in search results.

http://www.webconfs.com/what-is-robots-txt-article-12.php

dotcompals, Mar 2, 2013 IP