1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How We Get "likes" ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by love2all, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webanalytiker

webanalytiker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Malcsimm i appriciate your feedback :) I made this, which is a fairly shortened and translated blogpost from one I have made in Danish: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/analytics-tip-for-you-track-404-pages.2636977/

It might not be fully 500 words, but it is more than just "dont use broad match type in adwords, it is to expensive" :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    webanalytiker, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  2. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @webanalytiker - have you heard the NLP saying: "The meaning of a communication is the response that you get"?

The response YOU got was... well, slim. You put a decent post up containing a good idea: however only one person commented on it. :-(

You have to blame the headline - you just didn't get the clicks. If you don't get the eyeballs how are you gonna get likes?

Just keep at it mate and I am sure you will get your just reward. LOL

Malc

malcsimm, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong...if you are seen as helping a newbie chances are that an established member will see this and like you for being an asset to the community.......get it now?

Spoiltdiva, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  4. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Fair point.

malcsimm, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  5. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    Itrader shows only previous reputation not current working attitude.
    And "like" is just to once again show our active and true performance at DP.

love2all, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Hey!

I have to report that I am now an established member! I guess it's a manual process, because it took a few days after my third like, so be patient. (I was thinking one of my "likes" was not an established member so did not count towards changing my status, but that obviously was not the case.)

So, those of you who want and haven't got, I can't think of any best suggestion thatn to follow SEOmaster Girll's advice in the post above - and let nature take its course.

==================
    • share your knowledge,
    • Help new comers by using your skills,
    • If you have humor than make the other people smile,
    • share your experiences.
    ==================

Good luck

Malc

malcsimm, Feb 20, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  7. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to this forum. I hope you will spend some nice time here. Everything related to the ''3 likes rule'' you can find in Rules section where everything is well explained.

BusinessMaker, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Go around and check out posts that have received likes. After awhile you ought to be able from this, to figure it out yourself.
    But basically you get them for offering advice, helpful tips, and good humor will get you likes as well. Also if you feel passionate about an issue and vent, this can resonate with some. That also can score you a like or two, good luck with this.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  9. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't go looking to get likes or to tell people to like your posts. Do what I do, I respond to threads when I have something to actually add to the discussion or to correct wrong advice. If people feel I was helpful I might get a like or slapped in the face. (O wait, that was a dream)

Just be helpful around DP and make sure you are familiar with the rules. DO NOT REPLY TO SPAM, just report those threads and posts. Basically be yourself on here. Start some quality threads on here that will provoke a debate or a good discussion and keep active in that thread replying. You are bound to get some Likes from a few members.

snakeair, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  10. warteg

warteg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. The rules should be follow for new user. Who using DP from maximum 1 year and have 100% feedback they should give some preference for this. Hope DP moderator should be think about this.

DP new system made me lost all of my itraders ...

warteg, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  11. ToniKasa

ToniKasa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats The Rule Of Forum :D
    You Must Help Others Or Share Something Who Will Help Other Members To Get Like :)

ToniKasa, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  12. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Your legacy itrader is still found in your profile under your marketplace tab.

Smyrl, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  13. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Likes have nothing to do with iTrader, but (i guess) with the old reputation system. Now, why should they give some preference for old members if those old members never made posts to worth the rep+ ??

Alex210, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  14. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If anything old members should be required to have *more* likes, not less... Since they have been around longer.

digitalpoint, Feb 25, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  15. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think this is a great way to "clean up" the forum.
    Just like several other members I'm in need of those Likes, but if you look at it from another perspective, you can actually see that you don't have gotten any likes yet, and why's that you say?
    The reason is quite simple. You haven't put in effort in your posts and you've done nothing to help others.
    Or someone else got "your" like by posting their knowledge before you on that specific thread.

Decent guys or girls likes posts made by others as long as the posts are helpful and/or useful to themselfs or others. You will not recieve any likes on your posts if you talk about rainbows and sunshines. Look at the content on the forum.. Is the main reason people being active members on this forum for their lack of weather forecasts?

Digitalpoint has grown by far in my honest opinion by changing the rules the way it is nowadays. Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,
    André Strand / inyourway

inyourway, Mar 1, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and malcsimm like this.
  16. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays at DP good and useful contribution by sharing your experience & knowledge and helping others has great worth than the old legacy itrader rep.
    Then ultimately anybody can get easily "Likes" by older established members.
    Need only patience and regular useful contribution with full concentration.

love2all, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  17. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Premium membership doesn't make you established, so it's useless if you don't get some likes. In example premium membership allows 4 links in signature instead of 2... but if you're not established, you can't have a signature. :)

If likes are important, best answers should also be considered.

VideoWhisper.com, Mar 19, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I have to say that your suggestion does have merit. I agree that "Best Answers" should also be considered as to becoming established. Perhaps a sum total of 3 overall?

Spoiltdiva, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  19. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's more about simplicity... If you start having multiple ways to get established, users just get confused.

digitalpoint, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  20. 4to1

4to1 Member

Best Answers:

By the way, I appreciate Like system and same system should be used in other forums to make them most real for real people. It does not mean to leave or searching for another SEO forum, if someone have not easy resources. I suggest for such members to watch following movie:
    [​IMG]
    I also would like to share this beautiful quote:
    "You'll never be brave if you don't get hurt! You'll never learn if you don't make mistakes! You'll never be successful if you don't encounter failure!"

4to1, Mar 19, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.