1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lost my business looking for a fresh start

Discussion in 'General Business' started by satyrion, Feb 27, 2013.

So i was exporting goods from Asia to Europe, but not long ago the business went to hell and it got shut down permanently. /end

I am now looking for a fresh start and i have no idea what to do, so if anyone have any tips please let me know. I dont expect to earn much in the start i just want something new to do that can later generate money.

The thing is i cannot do or use anything that includes Paypal. I had several visa cards and accounts and they all gotten blocked for no reason with quite much money on them (several hundered USD). So i am SICK of that company and i wont use it so i created a moneybookers account.

So i need suggestions what i can do to start up again, but remember i CANNOT use paypal to get paid.

Ive been thinking of getting into affiliate marketing for example as i still have my own registered company, but i dont know where to start and that goes for everything. The competition online today is so intense that starting now with pretty much nothing is very depressing and gives me no motivation because everything has been done 10.000 times.

So please give me some tips on how i can start making money again, my savings wont last forever...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    satyrion, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  2. ahost

ahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a situation when I couldn't use PayPal with my web hosting business and I've chosen 2Checkout payment processing. Their commisions are quite high but anyway they make possible to accept credit cards payments as long as PayPal ones.

Regarding business ideas for you: it's very individual and depends on your own preferences and skills. If you like to look at affiliate marketing I'd recommend you to register with Commission Junction (cj.com) and browse through their numerous affilate offers.

ahost, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.
  3. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey satyrion,

Sorry about the loss dude. I hope better things come for you man.

You are more than welcome to check out my affiliate program below, since it's relevant. Take Care :)

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Most affiliate programs offer direct deposits now, so you don't have to deal with Paypal when it comes to receiving money. I want to second the suggestion about cj.com. Find advertisers you like and try to post your offers on craigslist and backpage. I know people are making a ton of money pushing surveys, prepaid credit cards, job offers, etc.

qwikad.com, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  5. Jawad Khan

Jawad Khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try in CPA sites like adworkmedia where they are excellent leads rates and you can get payment via Checks,Bank wire and many more. Let me know if you need help on getting started in Adworkmedia

Jawad Khan, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  6. pdmac8

pdmac8 Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that you lost your business.

Thay do say you should stick to what you know so is there any way you could start up another export business in different territories?

It is a tried & tested formula for other failed & recovered businessmen.

Apart from that, affiliate marketting is a good game to be in so give it a try

Good Luck

pdmac8, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  7. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    Oh,I'm sorry for your loss. Well,really I don't have some pretty good business idea that I can provide to you,but I also think that idea should came from your head. You should make all by yourself and develop the idea and on the end earn some money. That is the best way.

BusinessMaker, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  8. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    out of curiosity, why they blocked your PayPal?

wounded1987, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  9. John B.

John B. Member

Best Answers:
    I feel sorry for your loss .I operate a Curio shop here in Kenya and am looking for a person in Europe or any other viable market who is ready to buy the curios which includes wood carvings and other African artistic wares and decorations.The partner can even start an online store for the same and what i will be doing is supplying is supplying the carvings and other stuffs.If you are interested,kindly contact me at skype:lucas.mungai.mwangi

Best Regards.

John B., Mar 2, 2013 IP
  10. affiliatemarketingguru

affiliatemarketingguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Feel sorry for your loss mate! But there is some good news, I might be able to help you out. PM me for more details.

affiliatemarketingguru, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  11. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a specific business or industry you're looking to affiliate or resell to?

gotlivechat, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  12. Sultan-Sultan

Sultan-Sultan Peon

Best Answers:
    We are funded partner in Saudi Arabia for any company looking for Local sponsorship or joint ventures

Looking for someone who has a project idea and has the skill to apply.

Such as: store, Supermarket, Maintenance, Restaurant, Car wash, Laundry, Gas station, Oil and any other business, provided that owner experience.

I have full readiness to fully fund the capital 100% or partnership, And I have fully prepared for all government certificates and paper.The profits will be divided equally between the partners 50% and 50%.

Already working in the same field with Full Experience and relationships is a prerequisite to be a partnership

Abo Ahmad

Sultan-Sultan, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  13. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    UK is already in recession,I can understand it,please don't mind but I suggest you to change line.

1) You can open a cheap restaurant business.
    2) You can start a local tour company since UK is quite popular for tourist destination.
    3)In online venture,you can start a dating site,most people are looking for companionship through dating sites and they have become quite popular today.

4th most easiest job, you can become a male nanny or arrange for domestic help to do household chores.

eric_wahlberg, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  14. aamir.alvi3

aamir.alvi3 Member

Best Answers:
    Awwww!!! its one of the worst things that can ever happen to men on this earth. I pray things be good soon around you. Well, If you can generate web design and development leads for me, I can give you handy commission over each converted lead. And when got connections, you yourself can make out your company (design and development), Catch me on Skype:aamir.redsignal

aamir.alvi3, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  15. reban

reban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Dear Satyrion...

I can surely understand through which phase you are going at present and how you are feeling...but anyways it's life and we all have to go from similar types of phases...

First of all it will be useful for you in the long run if you start from scratch.....Start the SEO related business and keep doing the work continuously....You can use your Moneybookers(Skrill) account here......Find a genuine business partner who belongs to your country as you need not have to use PayPal and you can deal with him directly which can be easy for you.....

Once you start SEO and attain some success then you can move to the work on which you are THE BEST...(I believe you were doing export related business)...because that is the ultimate thing which can assist you to become more successful....You have the experience with you now and you know what is the best thing to do here and what is not.....

In case you haven't worked through CLICKBANK website then please check it....It can be useful to start the work once again...Those people who are dealing with e-Books generally get better commission..So you can check it very easily here...

@Satyrion...I was just giving you the idea on the basis of what you have explained on your post...There are many things which counts a lot while starting any work like our education, training and many other things...You know very well what can be the best for you in future but if you go from my idea then it can surely help you to come out from current situation and can help you to attain your targets...

Wish you good luck...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    reban, Mar 7, 2013 IP
    satyrion likes this.
  16. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the loss. I'm sure you're business was like a baby to you as our businesses are to all of us.

If you have the funds, I strongly suggest you get a mentor so you can get started in the right direction.

Don't get the shiny button syndrome and start buying product after product. It can really be overwhelming and give you information overload.

Look at this like a muscle. Just focus on one niche/strategy and work you A** off to get really good at it. You'll then become an expert and from there you can either scale up or sell off the business. Either way the reward is great.

Wish you the best

DennisKnows, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  17. brandama

brandama Member

Best Answers:
    Hi satyrion,

I have been in your boat a few times. You just have to rebuild. Don't migrate from export completely. Use that to your advantage.
    *Resell goods from Asia
    *Become a broker for goods from Asia
    *Become a trade consult that specializes in (Goods being exported from Asia!)
    *Be an business Inspector, inspect goods from Asia for your client and hold payment for your clients so they don't get screwed when buying from an Asian factory.

I know how hard it can be to recover from a loss. I am currently trying to do that also. I used to make 6 figures off my sites, and now barely make a ffifth of that. My market got dried up. I am not trying to reinvent myself, but pivot so that I can again build a larger income. I hope that you can do the same. Hope that helps a bit. Keep on trucking...

Best Regards,
    Brandama

brandama, Mar 8, 2013 IP
    satyrion likes this.
  18. Sultan-Sultan

Sultan-Sultan Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked this post
    The heart of the matter and the solution ; )
    Good luck for both of you and I wish for you all the best

Sultan-Sultan, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  19. satyrion

satyrion Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for all the help guys :) Il find my way once again somehow

satyrion, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  20. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what to say but really sad to hear about what happened. I was in a similar position exactly 3 years ago. I had taken a huge loan to fund my offline soft skills business, and things didn't quite work out as planned. I lost quite a few close friends and family due to my inabilities to pay back the loans I had taken from them.

However, things got better when I moved back to my online business and started flipping domains and websites for a living. I also shifted my offline business to corporate training and guest lecturing services which paid me much more and gave me more free time.

I don't want to get into the detail of everything but I am sure that you will bounce back. Bottom line, you probably will figure your way out of this rut yourself. All we guys can really do is give you moral support and some advice you probably already know better than us.

wonay, Mar 9, 2013 IP