1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which SEO/SEM Certifications to Take?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr.Dog, Feb 28, 2013.

Hello,

Pretty much everyone is crazy about taking the Google AdWords certification... but: what ELSE would you learn/do/obtain?

I'm open to all suggestions. Very curious.

Mr.Dog, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  2. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Let me give you my honest opinion...

Certifications don't mean anything. You'll quickly realize that most of successful SEO-ers out there didn't even know that you can even get certified for such a thing.

You're better off spending your time learning from those that actually rank websites on a weekly basis, and making killer incomes because of it.... Not some instructor who's never made a single page 1 ranking ever..

Because, if that instructor/program really did teach students how to get page 1 rankings, all those students would be incredibly rich lol.. Makes Sense Right?

I recommend reading this guy: http://source-wave.com/

coloma21, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  3. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, but "making a page 1 ranking" should not be the way we measure people. Everyone wants to get onto the 1st page and today that's really hard. And, I think often top 20-30 rankings are pretty good.

Some are experts at non-SE traffic and it works pretty well to them.

I've been working in SEM/IM for a very long time and indeed only recently did these certifications appear. (a few years ago). And almost every 3rd "newbie wannabe online marketer" has them.

Otherwise I focused on building business and profit. But these certifications are still good to add to your "image".

Mr.Dog, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  4. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    But here's the thing though... 95% of the traffic is on the top of page 1..

So it would be in the best interest to learn from those that get page 1 :)

coloma21, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  5. juniorul

juniorul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good and simple certification will the Analytics one. A lot of companies want you to have at least this one especially for A/B testing

juniorul, Mar 1, 2013 IP
    blackhunter250 likes this.
  6. saqiseo

saqiseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Getting Adwords certification is really good. There is a reason that most people wanna do it. Also it is not necessary that you have to do a certification. You can become very successful even if you don't have any certifications.

saqiseo, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  7. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:

I totally agree with your opinions, instead of being after certification, try to learn it in forums, in this forum you would find many experienced guys who are up to help you, just try to learn from them, if you have any question then post here, your question would be resolved soon if it is related to SEO, website management etc.

Serp Creation, Mar 9, 2013 IP