1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats wrong with my website 403 error

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by EdenEvoX, Feb 28, 2013.

Hey guys,

My website has been down for most of the day and i keep getting this on my browser.
    "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

So i logged into my cpanel then looked at my file manager and i could not access public_html. I even tried to change the permissions but that wouldnt work due to insufficient permissions (even though i am the admin).

Could this be a server issue? I have send a support ticket to my hosting provider but I have not yet received a reply.

What could be the problem?

Thank you for your reply my website is www.edenevox.com

Solved! View solution.
    EdenEvoX, Feb 28, 2013 IP
    It's definitely a permission issue, as stated in that error message. The real question is permission for which folder/file?
    As account owner you should be able to change permission for public_html . I believe that by default public_html has 750 permission.

Additionally it could be a file/folder ownership issue as well. public_html folder should be owned by user.nobody (in the case apache runs as nobody user, which is a default setting on whm/cpanel server).

pr0t0n, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  3. EdenEvoX

EdenEvoX Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply it was a permission problem, my bad really i was trying to do it through filezilla however i done it through cpanel to make it work after noticing that the permissions were on 000, also thank you for the chmod 750 tip i almost used 755 :)

EdenEvoX, Feb 28, 2013 IP