1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to improve ranking from guest posting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TSG, Feb 27, 2013.

I'm going to submit few guest posts to few authority sites. All of these blogs have Alexa rank 10,000-20,000 with PR 4-6. I want to improve my blog root domain authority and posts ranking (not a selected post/posts). I'm not aiming get new traffic from guest posting.

Should I place my root domain or category page URL to those blog post? Moreover I want to know what is the best place to put those URL (author byline or post content) ?

Thanks in advanced!

TSG, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  2. D_Ron

D_Ron Peon

Best Answers:
    going on the small details you've given, a few points below:

- in todays linkbuilding world, the best kinda of link will result in traffic, so aim for these if you can - future proofing any link building campaign
    - category vs homepage links - look at what would make sense to link to, use common sense BUT make sure you spread links out evenly also. I tend to check competing sites in top 10 to see the ratio of homepage vs internal page links and get an average as a rough guideline
    - post content links are better

hope it helps, likes are appreciated :)

D_Ron, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  3. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Links in the content are best however, many blogs that accept guest posts will only allow a link in the byline which is still better than nothing. If they do allow links in the content don't go over board 1-3 links is good.

Jen 101, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  4. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. If you're only allowed a link through the byline, link it to your homepage. If you're allowed links within the content, then make sure to link to a related post on your site using appropriate anchor text.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  5. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:

lorraine02, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  6. khooster1

khooster1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest to spread the backlinks between the main page and the category page.
    You do not want Google to penalize you for over SEO optimization.
    You need to create a natural link network.

Most blogs do not allow you to create link in the content but in the resource box /signature.
    Always have a converting resource box. This will certainly help to drive traffic to your site.

khooster1, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  7. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you just have a few posts, it doesn't matter. If you have many posts, variations in url, keyword ect are important. What matters more is the quality of the sites you place your posts.

dejaone, Mar 6, 2013 IP